August 2012 Moms
Options

My Kid Is Throwing Tantrums

Constantly!!!!  Ugh.  Anyone else?  

Usually I just lay her down on the floor and walk away.  I'm trying to get her to understand that we won't react when she throws a tantrum.  But we have one at least once a day, sometimes in public.  I thought this happened at 2? Either way, I am ready to pull my hair out.
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: My Kid Is Throwing Tantrums

• Options
    Yep, has been for a while. Full out Gone with the Wind style dramatic flails. I ignore her for a few minutes and then typically redirect. Luckily she mainly does this at home.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

My blog
  • Options
    Ours usually only happy at home. He's a people person and likes being out and about.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    JayandEmmJayandEmm member
    edited September 2013
    Thank God tantrums only happen at home for us.

I usually can't ignore the tantrum, he will scream so hard he'll hold his breath and vomit. BUT "toddler-ese" works! If you don't know it, Google it. It may seem silly, but tantrums pretty much stop immediately.

Eta: it's by Dr. Karp. "Happiest Toddler on the Block". There's a good ABC article on it.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Wyatt threw a lovely tantrum in church Sunday. I don't even remember what it was over but he was so mad he hit his head against the pew which led to even more crying, back arching, biting and hitting. Literally if I survive this child's terrible twos it will be a nightmare.
    100_7533(1) Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

Wyatt threw a lovely tantrum in church Sunday. I don't even remember what it was over but he was so mad he hit his head against the pew which led to even more crying, back arching, biting and hitting. Literally if I survive this child's terrible twos it will be a nightmare.

My absolute favorite is when a tantrum leads to injury which leads to, "Now look what you made me do!" crying.
    Then and now. How did my boy get so big? 

• Options
    JayandEmm said:
    Thank God tantrums only happen at home for us. I usually can't ignore the tantrum, he will scream so hard he'll hold his breath and vomit. BUT "toddler-ese" works! If you don't know it, Google it. It may seem silly, but tantrums pretty much stop immediately. Eta: it's by Dr. Karp. "Happiest Toddler on the Block". There's a good ABC article on it.
    Wow this is awesome. I'll definitely be trying this!!!

• Options
    YES!! Ds gets mad and throws his body backwards, so I put him on the floor. He then goes face first onto the floor, butt in air and scoots across the floor. We call him a bulldozer because he pushes through anything.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"