May 2013 Moms
Options

Overnight Diapers

Awhile back, someone had asked for recommendations on overnight diapers.  I can't seem to find that post, though.  DD isn't even STTN, but seems to soak her diaper after 4 hours of sleeping.  What is everyone else using (besides cloth) for night-time? 
Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Overnight Diapers

• Options
    That was me.
    We were using Pampers Baby Dry and I really didn't like them (though I love Pampers Swaddlers). For now I just went back to changing her diaper in the MOTN but as soon as I can get to the store I plan on buying a small pack of one size up of the Swaddlers as several people said that's what works best for them (going 1 size up from your day diaper).

• Options
    gmorel said:
    That was me. We were using Pampers Baby Dry and I really didn't like them (though I love Pampers Swaddlers). For now I just went back to changing her diaper in the MOTN but as soon as I can get to the store I plan on buying a small pack of one size up of the Swaddlers as several people said that's what works best for them (going 1 size up from your day diaper).
    I am using the Pampers Baby Dry & have been very unhappy with them.  I have some size 3's in the Swaddler's, so I can try that tomorrow night.  Thanks!

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Yeah, I feel that they dont deliver as promised and get overly drenched and to boot have a strange smell. No problem, happy to help.

• Options
    CtweitoCtweito member
    edited September 2013
    I just use Huggies snug and dry. I'm very happy with them. He goes 8-10 hours and the diaper is definitely full and heavy in the morning but he is pretty dry.

Edited for spelling
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    We use pampers swaddlers for day and overnight and never had a problem. Then again my LO doesn't seem to pee much through the night. We used to use one size bigger for night time as pp suggested because we were so close to fitting into them for daily use as it was. Someone bought me the pampers baby dry and I tried them for a week but they severely irritated L's butt. It looked like she had a 1st degree burn all the way to to her lower back. :( I was actually going to ask if anyone else had this problem with them. .

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    RoxZ32 said:
    We use pampers swaddlers for day and overnight and never had a problem. Then again my LO doesn't seem to pee much through the night. We used to use one size bigger for night time as pp suggested because we were so close to fitting into them for daily use as it was. Someone bought me the pampers baby dry and I tried them for a week but they severely irritated L's butt. It looked like she had a 1st degree burn all the way to to her lower back. :( I was actually going to ask if anyone else had this problem with them. .
    Oh no, poor girl!  I only used them a few nights, so I didn't notice any irritation on DD.  

• Options
    @RoxZ32, Luckily DD didn't become irritated by them but I believe that someone else on this board had the same thing happen to them. Something about them changing something within the diaper that is now causing rashes for some sensitive tooshies. Hope your LO's rash is better now.

• Options
    It's been 6 days and it's finally starting to improve! I'll never buy these again (not even as a gift for someone) it's not worth risking any baby bums. :(

• Options
    My DD is a pee machine at night. Even when I change her, she leaks. I just purchased Huggies overnights in a 3 and we were successful last night in staying dry. DD#1 used to use those as well and we had a good experience with them.
    IMG_5977lb

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

• Options
    edited September 2013
    We use Pampers Swaddlers for day and overnight and have only had one leak between two babies. And V sleeps with us and nurses all night - yesterday morning when she woke up, she had a 13 ounce diaper! (Yes, I weighed it, and yes, I felt horrible for not changing her overnight. Maybe I should have saved that for FFFC).

ETA if they're getting close to the next size up, I try to use the bigger size overnight.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    Pampers swaddlers work great!
  • Options
    gmorel said:

@RoxZ32, Luckily DD didn't become irritated by them but I believe that someone else on this board had the same thing happen to them. Something about them changing something within the diaper that is now causing rashes for some sensitive tooshies. Hope your LO's rash is better now.

It was me!!! We used them for only 3 days and he got terrible diaper rash, but like rox it was almost like a chemical burn, dark red with small blisters. It took me a week to clear it up, using sensitive skin swaddled and a plethora of diaper rash treatments (thank you ladies). I will never use them again!!

On a side note, LO doesn't have sensitive skin and I typically use the regular swaddled without a problem. I switched to sensitive just to help the diaper rash heal.

TTC #2:
    March - May 2014 - Natural cycles - no luck
    June 2014 - Clomid 50mg - BFN
    July 2014 - Clomid 50mg - BFN
    August 2014 - Clomid 50mg - BFN
    September 2014 - Clomid 50mg - Fingers crossed...

• Options
    @snowgirlI427, that's right...glad you're little one is better.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"