March 2013 Moms

What's your 5 1/2 mo old doing?

Is he/she napping? Do you think they want to crawl?
My LO is screaming lots - I think it's mostly a happy scream. She's not sleeping well. I'm not sure if its just because I ate dairy.

Anyway, interested to hear what your baby is up to. DD is loud, rolling lots, loves her exersaucer and wants to put everything in her mouth!

Re: What's your 5 1/2 mo old doing?

• Naps are hit or miss. If you are holding her she will sleep for hours but if she is down it can be 20min to 1hr.The best part is at night.  She sometimes sleeps through the night, sometimes just needs her binkie given back to her and very rarely (like last night) needs a bottle.  So much better now that the 4mo wakeful period if over.

Loves rolling over, loves her exercauser, loves to be loud and make her "monster" sounds, everything goes in her mouth, she is grabbing things super quickly (like my mother's earring right out of her ear and into her mouth before my mom noticed, thank god it was a hoop not a stud), and is able to sit up on her own for a few seconds at a time. 

She does look like she wants to crawl but can't get on her knees yet.  She kind of looks like she is swimming.  She still gets board when playing with something for a little while. 

I also swear she sounds like she says "mama" from time to time.  My dh thought I was nuts but heard it the other day.  I say it constantly to her so maybe she is learning.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • Talking, well babbling anyway. All the time. He's rolled over tummy to back once and loves to try to sit up. Everything goes in his mouth and he loves loves his exersaucer. I'm thinking about trying cereal again to see if he's ready for food yet. Tummy time has gotten better. He seems so happy on his belly he doesn't really try to roll over. He can spin in circles though. :)

Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic

C  7.16.2008 | L  11.12.2010 | A  3.18.2013

• Loading the player...
  • Talking tons, loves to blow raspberries, rolls occasionally but hates tummy time. She also looks like shes swimming trying to move on her tummy then gets mad when she can't.  Loves food! We are sleeping better but not thru the night yet. Wants to sit up or stand all the time. Toys only last about 10 minutes before she is bored.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Ds loves playing with his voice. I swear he's working on trying to get his molars in first -- when he chews on his or my fingers he wants them as far back and on the sides as possible.  He loves to roll onto his tummy but is having problems rolling to his back.  He can get his knees under him and the butt up but so far all he succeeds in doing is moving himself around in a circle with his head as the pivot point.  He is still running into trouble with head control when vertical at times....sitting unassisted is not likely to happen for a few more months yet.  He sleeps sporadically through the day and sleeps from 8-9 until 4:30-5 which is fine since we have to get up and get moving between 5:30 and 6 so his wake up time just gives us time to nurse without rushing.

This next part will make some jealous:  Some nights, I try to rock him after nursing until he is a little sleepier and he wants nothing to do with it.  He wants to be put in his crib so he can play himself to sleep.  I put him down and after 15-20 minutes of hearing him babbling, he is sound asleep until morning.  I'm not sure if it is related to the fact that I often let him do tummy time in his crib since it is softer than the hardwood floor (and warmer since the only floor space available has an ac vent blowing right over him)

YBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

I'm a fan of The Cloth Diaper Tech Support group on Facebook
  • DD1 is scooting EVERYWHERE on her belly. I'm glad it's only her because I don't know if I can quite handle two mobile ones yet haha. DD2 will sit unassisted for a few minutes before falling. They both love their Jenny jumper and exersaucers. Tummy time has gotten 83838483x's better too!
    DD1 also is holding her own bottle, hallelujah!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Lots of talking and singing.  Drools everywhere.  Grabs for everything within her reach, then proceeds to put it all in her mouth.  Does barrell rolls across the floor, scoots around on her face (it's amazing how far she can get).  Smiles and laughs non-stop, except for when a stranger holds her, then she cries.  She's napping much better at daycare, too, which makes me happy. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Grayson is sitting assisted most of the time. When the dog walks by he gets distracted and falls over. He "happy screams" a lot and makes lots of babbling sounds, but its all vowels. He rolls both ways and air swims, but can't get off his belly. Luckily I have had a good STTN sleeper since 8 weeks!
  • Great at sitting and rolling... Jabbers and squeals a lot.. Sleeping is hit or miss. Tried just giving him milk on a spoon... Not too interested.

DS1 -6/25/11

DS2 -3/23/13

Missed MC D&C 8/26/14

DD - 8/26/15

LO#4 due 5/30/17

• DD is also babbling like crazy and just recently discovered screaming. Raspberries are still a big hit too. She can sit unassisted for quite a while, until she tries to reach for something or hears a noise and moves too fast. She is sleeping great, and starting to take longer naps now too. She is curious about everything, i love watching her little mind explore new things. She is just a fun girl these days! :)
  • DD will be 6 mon on Monday

-bottom two teeth started breaking through (I can see where they are coming through the gum...not fun the past couple days)
    -experimenting with her voice volume (saying "ah" in many different ways)
    -gettig on hands and knees and rocking...she's so close she just can't quite coordinate her hands and knees so she ends up diving forward
    -rolling both ways
    -enjoying hiding games alot
    -2 naps a day usually, at 9 and 2 about 1.5-2 hours each
    -STTN from 7-630
    -eating some solids frozen through a food mesher due to teething-squash, avocado and bananas
    -sits unassisted but needs pillows for when she gets really excited or leans too far to grab something
    -likes physical games-like airplane, if I do squats with her or roll around with her
    -showing more affection! Which I love!
    -likes to look at herself in the mirror
    -grabbing zippers and glasses and earrings

She's becoming so fun!!
    BabyFetus Ticker Little Riley-our first little girl coming March 1st, 2013 (or sometime around there;)
  • LO is learning so much now. I am really enjoying this stage. She is STTN from about 8 to 7 and is still taking good naps. Lately its been taking her awhile to go down but she plays and entertains herself in her crib until she falls asleep. She loves using her voice, wether it be to babble, scream, growl, laugh or cry. She rolls both ways, can sit unassisted for a short while and a couple of weeks ago she started putting her arms out to ask to be picked up or to be held by someone else (usually me). We also started solids a couple of weeks ago and she loves to grab the spoon and "feed" herself, she actually does pretty well sometimes!
  • LO is sitting unassisted and rolling everywhere! She gets the giggles when the dog barks or runs. She loves taking baths and now likes to sit up in the bath so she can play with her toys.

When I am holding her and drinking from a cup, she will grab the cup and bring it to her mouth and chew on the egde. I have given her a few sips of water and now anytime she sees someone with a cup, she wants it!

• He's starting to play independently for a little longer. He wants down to play often. He crawls and sits up. Today I left him in his room to play with some toys while I got a quick shower. When I came back to check on him, I found him on top of his books on the bottom shelf of his changing table! It is way too early for this. He is getting better at food, but I'm not pushing it. His new favorite treat is watermelon in one of those munchkin fresh food feeders.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"