Secondary IF

May I join you?

I feel like I'm without a home on the bump these days, and while I'm not sure I'm appropriate fit for your group, I would really love to hang out if you'll have me.  Right now I'm basically just in a state of frustration with my body and I'm waiting for an appointment with my OB in a couple of weeks.

A little about me: I got pregnant right away after getting married without really trying.  That pregnancy unfortunately resulted in a loss around 10 weeks.  After my D&C, we waited a cycle before TTC, and were successful in our second cycle trying.  I was diagnosed with low progesterone levels but otherwise had a completely smooth pregnancy, and we were blessed with a wonderful DS in October 2011.

After DS's arrival, I waited for a year for my cycle to return, which I was fine with because I wasn't looking to have 2 under 2.  I immediately started charting once my cycle returned and found that while I was consistently ovulating, the timing was all over the place, occurring from CD 10 up to CD 25 and my LP was short.  This was abnormal for my body.  I thought that as the breastfeeding decreased over time, my cycle would become more regular.  While O has become a little less variable, my LP has never waivered from 9 or 10 days.  My OB told me in March she wanted to see it get to 11 days at a minimum but ideally would like 12 days before we TTC, so I waited a few more cycles to see if my body would straighten up.  When it didn't, she prescribed me progesterone and said to call back if that didn't help things after a couple of cycles.  I really thought it was going to work since my pregnancy with DS suggested that my body might just not produce enough progesterone, and I knew I was consistently ovulating.  The progesterone has been a bust though; I've only gotten an extra day out of it with spotting the day leading into AF.  And now I'm onto post partum cycle 13 with an appointment with my OB in a couple of weeks, feeling completely defeated by all of the people I know who are pregnant with siblings for their LOs the same age as or younger than DS.  I obediently waited to TTC for a while but have since jumped in and tried, despite what my OB considers to be a less than ideal LP.  I just can't stand not doing anything anymore, although I can't say the BFNs the past few cycles have been any easier...

Sorry for the long post.  I hope you guys don't mind me hanging out here, even though I don't currently know what, if anything, is going on with my body.

November 2010 - 10.5 week loss  o:) 
October 2011 - DS (7)  <3 
July 2014 - Stillborn DD (24 weeks)  o:) 
August 2015 - DD (3)  <3 
April 2018 - 5 week loss o:) 

Re: May I join you?

• My DD was born in June 2011 and also waited a year for my cycle to return due to nursing her. I've always wanted my kids to be 2 years apart, so we started trying when DD turned 1, but I also struggle with short LP...sometimes as short as 6 or 7 days. I'm hoping that with the progesterone and estrogen with IVF will help, but I wanted to tell you that I understand how frustrating it can be!

You are more than welcome here and I wish you luck.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker

After 3 failed Clomid+TI cycles, DD was conceived with IUI#1

TTC #2

Clomid 50 mg + IUI#1  = BFP, m/c and D&C at 7w1d

Clomid 50mg + IUI#2 = BFN

Clomid 100mg + IUI#3 = BFN

Lupron + Follistim + IVF#1 = 11ER, 10M, 10F, ET of 1 expanded BBA 5-day blast, 2 Frosties. BFP! Beta 10/13 = 264! Beta 10/15 = 702! EDD 6/21/14

• Hi there... I do believe this would be a good home for you.  Sorry you have to be here, but it's nice to meet you.  
    Sorry to hear about your loss.  I hope your doctor can give you some answers and even more so a plan.  Good luck and welcome! There is a lot of support here. 

• Loading the player...
  • Hi and welcome to the board! I'm relatively new here as well. I'm also an October 2011 mom. Can you believe our babies are almost 2?!? While I don't have experience with a short LP, I can relate to your frustration with wanting to understand why something that seemed to function fine in the past has suddenly gone hay wire and not knowing how to fix it. I hope the wait to see your OB goes fast and that he/she helps you find a solution.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker
  • CheesyPeasCheesyPeas member
    edited September 2013

Thanks for the welcome, ladies.

@gmc222 - Best of luck to you on IVF this cycle!  I hope our time together on this board is limited and you're off to the PAIF board very soon!

@freakyfast - Thanks.  In monitoring this board for a couple days now, I gathered that it's a very friendly and helpful place.  Best of luck to you too on your upcoming IVF!

@ally510 - Hey there fellow October mommy!  It's so crazy that they'll be 2 next month.  I feel like I blinked an eye and my little baby had turned into a walking, talking, attitude-filled almost-grown up!  That just makes it so much more apparent that a squishy newborn is in order...

August 2015 - DD (3)  <3 

• Welcome, and I hope your stay is short! My cycles after DD2 were similar to yours with spotting starting 3-5dpo. Progesterone did nothing to keep the spotting at bay, but clomid has helped.

Two DDs 10/08 and 08/10, no primary IF
    TTC #3 since 10/2011 - dx unexplained/weak ovulation
     3 BFN clomid + TI cycles, 5 BFN clomid/gonal f IUIs, 1 mmc IUI
    2/19/2014 IVF #1 Unexpected low E2 (oversuppressed) -> increased to max doses = 3 or 4 follicles, converting to IUI
    BFFP Saw 1 beautiful heartbeat at 6w6d, follow up u/s at 9w showed mmc. Eff this.
    NTNP 5/2014-9/2014, OPKs and TI 10/2014 - 1/2015. 
    RPL testing all normal, AFC, AMH, and FSH all normal. 
    IVF 1.2 1/22/2014 natural cycle start, AFC 28, 300 gonal f/150menopur. 
    ER 2/3/15 14R 8M 3F w/ICSI Day 5 transfer on 2/8/15 of one "Grade A+" blast and have TWO frosties! 

• Short LP is my problem also. It was 7-8 days. My OB prescribed Clomid and it's definitely helped. I'm on 100mg right now, and my last cycle my LP was 14 days! Still resulted in a BFN, but it's encouraging to know my cycle is getting "normal." Welcome!
    photo image.jpg
  • Thanks, @Jen071407 and @Gator_Bride07!  I hope my body is responsive to Clomid or whatever my next steps end up being too!
    August 2015 - DD (3)  <3 

• Thanks, @letsgobowlingx.  I can already tell what a great and supportive group of women are on this board.
    August 2015 - DD (3)  <3 

• I'm sorry you have to be here but happy to welcome you!  I know you all can't see it but as I read most of your posts I'm nodding my head "yes"... I just totally understand where you're coming from and how it feels. 
    <3 Baby #1 BFP 6/10/2011-EDD 2/19/2012-DS Born 2/10/2012!
    :'(  CP BFP 1/6/2013-EDD 9/19/2013-CP 1/9/2013
    <3 Baby #2 BFP 1/3/2014-EDD 9/12/2014 -DD Born 9/10/2014!
    <3 Baby #3 BFP 7/8/2018-EDD 3/17/2019-Team Green!

• Thanks, @Sweetest116!  While I wish none of us had to be here, it sure is nice to be among others who understand my frustrations.
    August 2015 - DD (3)  <3 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"