February 2012 Moms
Options

Play dates

We have a play date today. I do not want to go. I can't stand the mom we're going with but I felt like I needed to go for LO to get some interaction with kids her age. We don't have many opportunities for play dates around here. Should i suck it up and go or should i cancel?

Re: Play dates

• Options
    Sept07b2bSept07b2b member
    edited September 2013
    Well it sort of depends on how much you "can't stand" the other mom.  I have definitely had playdates with women I wasn't crazy about it, especially when I was on maternity leave.  They always turned out better than I expected, though.  We just talked about basic stuff and the kids a lot, and the kids had fun, and I got a chance to get out of the house and do something a little different.  

Now if the woman drives you BSC, then I would cancel.  It's not worth it to have to hang out with someone you really don't want to be around.

ETA: I have to ask, how did you get set up on a playdate with someone you can't stand?!   
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    She contacted me. She's a friend of a friend and found out I have a LO her daughters age. It's been awhile since we've talked so maybe she's changed. I'm just not excited about it at all.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I would just go. What's the worst that can happen? You can always make up an excuse and leave if you really need to. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker someecards.com - Your personal anecdotal evidence is so much more relevant than this legitimate scientific study.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"