May 2013 Moms
Options

Ripping off my nipple!

So over the past week, M has decided that it's really fun to yank her head back as fast as she can without unlatching. It literally feels like my nip is being ripped off! Holy hell, does it hurt. She only does it on my left side, towards the end of a feeding. She rips off, then furiously gets back on, takes a couple sucks, and rips off again. Repeat. I hate to end the feed then, because she acts like she still wants more. Hopefully after enough yelps from me, she will realize that it's not such a fun game! Any other LOs do this?
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: Ripping off my nipple!

• Options
    Yes!! Lillian also does it at the end of a feeding and it freaking hurts. Then she pulls her head back with my nipple still in her mouth and pushes away from my boob with her hands at the same time. I usually end the feeding there or at least take a 5 minute break.

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    My LO did the same for awhile. When he did that I would stop the feeding, burp him or talk to him for a bit then start the feeding again. That helped a little. I felt like he was getting distracted during the feeding.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    We bottle feed, but Lex does that too- just with a bottle. Much less painful. :) She usually needs a burp.
    She is here! 5-29-13

• Options
    We also bottle feed so I have no suggestions but I can tell you that it's probably a discovery phase. Eli started jerking her entire body back like a week ago (while she's being burped). She honestly thinks its funny because after she does it she looks at me and smiles. I think once they're over the "look what I can do" part if it then they will stop. Then again I'm a FTM so who knows lol

• Options
    Babies are jerks. Vi smiles when I say "ouch"
    Gus smiles and laughs too when I say ouch.  Then he continues to do it because he thinks it is ever so funny
    Augustus David - Born 5/08/13
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

my read shelf:
    April's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • Options

Babies are jerks. Vi smiles when I say "ouch"

I laughed so hard I almost woke up the baby !

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"