Secondary IF
Options

New here!

Hey ladies, I am moving over from TTCAL board after a bit of a bump break. 

Quick intro: I am 24-SAHM, DH is 27-USMC, our daughter is 6. It took us over a year to conceive this last time, and on June 4th we lost our baby at 9.5 weeks, D&C was on June 7th and marked our 4th miscarriage. My doctor has started our fertility workup. My husband and I both went and had our blood work done, (13 vials from me, 1 from him) we will get those results on the 19th. On the 13th im scheduled to have an SIS done, So hoping for any kind of answer at this point. We are currently not TTC right now, we are waiting for all of the results to come back first.

If anyone has had the SIS done, can you give me some insight into what to expect?

That's about it for now, Cant wait to get to know all of you and become a member of this community! Hope everyone is having a great day!!  

Re: New here!

• Options
    Hi. I am sorry for your losses, and sorry you have to be here. Welcome to the board. Hope you can find some support here. 

I had to look up SIS but it looks similar to an SHG- they just shoot some water (saline) into your uterus with a small catheter to check for abnormalities. It was pretty uneventful for me- I had to have an HSG prior to that (they shoot the dye into your tubes and take xrays) that was super painful/crampy for me. From people I have talked to about the procedures, whichever you get first SIS/HSG/SHG will be more painful than any subsequent procedures, and that was the case for me- so it might be a little crampy for you. Did your Dr. mention taking motrin prior to your procedure? Both times I took 600-800mgs of Ibuprophen 30 mins prior. 

Good luck with all your testing. I hope you get some answers soon. 

Spontaneous pregnancy #1
    DD1 July 31, 2011

Trying for #2 since Oct 11
    732973 Clomid Cycles
    2 IUIs 
    3 Fresh IVFs= 1 Ectopic treated with MTX
    Spontaneous pregnancy #2= Ectopic #2= lost left tube
    Spontaneous pregnancy #3= DD2 January 29, 2016
    Spontaneous pregnancy #4= Ectopic #3
    Spontaneous pregnancy #5= Baby #3 is a BOY!!! 

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Hi there.. Sorry you have to be here, but nice to meet ya. 
    So sorry to hear about your losses.  

Yeah if SIS is anything like an SHG it is pretty easy, for me the most awkward thing was just how you are laid up, and the fluid has to come back out. 
    The HSG for me, was crampy, but not the worst.  I just felt like I had some serious menstrual cramps during and then for a couple hours after. And like Mrs Castillo said, take ibuprofen beforehand.  
    Good luck I sure hope you get some answers and a BFP soon! 

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Hi. I am sorry for your losses, and sorry you have to be here. Welcome to the board. Hope you can find some support here. 

I had to look up SIS but it looks similar to an SHG- they just shoot some water (saline) into your uterus with a small catheter to check for abnormalities. It was pretty uneventful for me- I had to have an HSG prior to that (they shoot the dye into your tubes and take xrays) that was super painful/crampy for me. From people I have talked to about the procedures, whichever you get first SIS/HSG/SHG will be more painful than any subsequent procedures, and that was the case for me- so it might be a little crampy for you. Did your Dr. mention taking motrin prior to your procedure? Both times I took 600-800mgs of Ibuprophen 30 mins prior. 

Now that you mention it, I do believe she did tell me to take some Motrin. Thank you so much for taking the time to look it up and giving me the information! I appreciate it. I've never heard of the other test, Im sorry you had a painful experience! When you said "which ever you get first" ... In reference to the HSG/SHG, does that mean that I could possibly be getting those done too, at a later date? Or is it all according to what the SIS shows?

@freakyfast , Is it necessary to wear a pad/tampon after the procedure?

Thank you both, for the information! I greatly appreciate it. Trying to learn all these new medical terms and keep up with the "new normal" of doctor appointments and lingo has had me so confused and worn out lately. I feel like im late for a race that already started, Sheesh! LOL

• Options

Now that you mention it, I do believe she did tell me to take some Motrin. Thank you so much for taking the time to look it up and giving me the information! I appreciate it. I've never heard of the other test, Im sorry you had a painful experience! When you said "which ever you get first" ... In reference to the HSG/SHG, does that mean that I could possibly be getting those done too, at a later date? Or is it all according to what the SIS shows?

Thank you both, for the information! I greatly appreciate it. Trying to learn all these new medical terms and keep up with the "new normal" of doctor appointments and lingo has had me so confused and worn out lately. I feel like im late for a race that already started, Sheesh! LOL

You might not have to have an HSG since it seems like you're able to get pregnant without any problems. I had to have it to rule out blockage in my tubes preventing me from actually getting pregnant, ykwim? It is a pretty common procedure, so it's always a possibility. I *think* SIS might be another term for SHG because it seems like the exact same procedure- so hopefully you won't have to do the same thing by a different name in the future LOL. 

You won't need a tampon. If anything maybe a pantyliner. They'll tell you you might leak a lot of fluid after, but I didn't have that problem. I had spotting for a few days after my HSG but that's more because the Dr had to dilate my cervix a bit to get the catheter in, not from the actual procedure. 

Spontaneous pregnancy #1
    DD1 July 31, 2011

Trying for #2 since Oct 11
    732973 Clomid Cycles
    2 IUIs 
    3 Fresh IVFs= 1 Ectopic treated with MTX
    Spontaneous pregnancy #2= Ectopic #2= lost left tube
    Spontaneous pregnancy #3= DD2 January 29, 2016
    Spontaneous pregnancy #4= Ectopic #3
    Spontaneous pregnancy #5= Baby #3 is a BOY!!! 

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options

Yeah just a small pad.  I was given one after both procedures. They will tell you to stay away from tampons for 48 hours or something like that. 

• Options
    Welcome to the board and I'm sorry for your losses.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

@Mrs Castillo & @freakyfastthank you for all the information!

@bancbev thank you!

• Options
    I am so sorry for your losses, but am happy to hear you're on the road to getting some answers!  Welcome to the group!  I'm unfamiliar with an SIS, but I'm sure the other ladies have got you covered ;)
    <3 Baby #1 BFP 6/10/2011-EDD 2/19/2012-DS Born 2/10/2012!
    :'(  CP BFP 1/6/2013-EDD 9/19/2013-CP 1/9/2013
    <3 Baby #2 BFP 1/3/2014-EDD 9/12/2014 -DD Born 9/10/2014!
    <3 Baby #3 BFP 7/8/2018-EDD 3/17/2019-Team Green!

• Options
    I hope your SIS goes well this week and you have some answers soon.  I'm so sorry for your loss; that's about the same gestation when we lost our first LO too.
    November 2010 - 10.5 week loss  o:) 
    October 2011 - DS (7)  <3 
    July 2014 - Stillborn DD (24 weeks)  o:) 
    August 2015 - DD (3)  <3 
    April 2018 - 5 week loss o:) 

• Options
    @Lindsey8301 Thank you, Im so sorry for your loss also. No one deserves that. :(
  • Options
    Welcome, and I am so sorry for your losses. I hope you get some answers from your doc and that your stay here is short!

Two DDs 10/08 and 08/10, no primary IF
    TTC #3 since 10/2011 - dx unexplained/weak ovulation
     3 BFN clomid + TI cycles, 5 BFN clomid/gonal f IUIs, 1 mmc IUI
    2/19/2014 IVF #1 Unexpected low E2 (oversuppressed) -> increased to max doses = 3 or 4 follicles, converting to IUI
    BFFP Saw 1 beautiful heartbeat at 6w6d, follow up u/s at 9w showed mmc. Eff this.
    NTNP 5/2014-9/2014, OPKs and TI 10/2014 - 1/2015. 
    RPL testing all normal, AFC, AMH, and FSH all normal. 
    IVF 1.2 1/22/2014 natural cycle start, AFC 28, 300 gonal f/150menopur. 
    ER 2/3/15 14R 8M 3F w/ICSI Day 5 transfer on 2/8/15 of one "Grade A+" blast and have TWO frosties! 

• Options
    Jen071407 said:
    Welcome, and I am so sorry for your losses. I hope you get some answers from your doc and that your stay here is short!

Thank you!! :)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"