May 2013 Moms
Options

Pedi vent update

So if you missed my post before about my pedi and their combo vac shortage...here it is...
https://forums.thebump.com/discussion/12067789/pedi-vent-longish#latest

Any ways not to beat a dead horse but , I went in today for S's 4 month appointment. And when it came time for shots they brought in 4 needles. I asked if this was the combo shots and they said no . I told them that I specifically said I would not bring her back until they had the combo vacs. "Oh..." she said So the girl went back out and sent another girl back in this time with a letter from the state . And started off with the shortage information and I stopped her and told her I called Thursday and was told you have them in stock. "Oh..."
That girl left and again I waited , she came back in a low and behold they have the combo vacs in and she can have them now. Now I'm not saying every drs office is like this and if your dr says they don't have them that might be the truth I don't know. All I know is I had to really push to get mine . So in the end it was 2 shots and an oral. The nurse told me to now mention it before hand so that they do not draw up the individual vacs first like they did today.
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: Pedi vent update

• Options
    Also oops I did not see the post about 4 month shots below!
  • Options
    That is maddening!!! That sucks that they wouldn't just give the combo shots without you pushing for them. But I'm glad you did and I'm sure your LO is too!
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Maybe they were saving them for younger babies since its the same set they get for the 2mo..?
  • Options
    Well if they were saving them for the 2 month I would think she would have gotten the combos at 2 months also but nope 5 needles at her 2 months
  • Options
    maymomNY said:

Forgive my ignorance, but what is the benefit to having the combo? Fewer sticks for lo or is there more to it. Fewer sticks is reason enough, just curious.

Yes. The fewer pokes, the better!
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    jayro10 said:

maymomNY said:

Forgive my ignorance, but what is the benefit to having the combo? Fewer sticks for lo or is there more to it. Fewer sticks is reason enough, just curious.

Yes. The fewer pokes, the better!
    Yes I hate having her poked, the fewer there are the less infection risk also. Kinda like IVs I guess.. it's better to have one access port for all meds than to keep poking.
  • Options
    We couldn't get the combos at 2 months either :(. So many pokes! We're going for 4 month ones soon!
  • Options
    Really pleased you pushed for it.

Pregnancy Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"