July 2013 Moms
Options

Poopity Poop POOP!

gutsymamagutsymama member
edited September 2013 in July 2013 Moms
At long last, we have real, honest-to-goodness, green, stomach-to-diaper POOP! I don't imagine anyone has ever been more excited about their kid sh*tting his pants than DH and I were today. I cried happy tears over a poopy diaper and then showed it to about a million nurses.

I'll still try to post a full update soon - Luke needs to be held most of the time right now so I'm on my phone and it's just kind of irritating to try to type out a long post. But this is a huge deal, and ahead of doctors' expectations, and the first step in our post-op journey home. POOP!

ETA: I wanted to PIP but I refrained. You're welcome :)
FKA mimi4347: diaper rash magician and unofficial expert on excrement
photo fdcd1f14-730b-4ea3-9fd5-37c8a5575512_zps6b3ccb11.jpgphoto a71807cf-a0c7-4c71-807b-bc4577b61b83_zps4eece2a6.jpg
This kid may not have a lot of bowel, but he has plenty of guts! 
DS born at 34 weeks with (surprise!) gastroschisis turned short bowel syndrome.
131 days in the NICU, 7 trips to the OR, G-button, daily TPN....
We are impatiently awaiting the day we can say goodbye to his girlfriend Ivy for good.

Re: Poopity Poop POOP!

• Options
    YAY! I am so happy for you! I appreciate the restraint in not posting a pic, lol!
  • Options
    Yay for poop! Or the next step is a cut-off onsie. Haha
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Congrats! So happy for you guys!! Big hugs. He is so adorable.
    K & M married 10.8.2011 *** BFP 7.17.2012, EDD 3.21.2013, Miscarriage at 6 wks 3 days *** BFP #2 11.7.2012, beautiful Tess born 7.11.2013
  • Options
    Fantastic! Congrats mama!
  • Options
    Yay Lucas!! So exciting!! I'm with pp, I was so excited to see you were the op!
  • Options
    ramy3695 said:
    Yay Lucas! I got super excited when I saw you were the OP! This is amazing news.
    So did I! I was going to keep scrolling past the title until I saw it was your post. I'm happy for you guys, it sounds like things are continuing in the right direction. Keep up the good work Lucas! 

• Options
    I wish I could "love this" x1000!

Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic

• Options
    Yay! Go Luke! Soon you'll be a pooping machine. I think we're all excited you had to change a poopy diaper. That's great news!

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Pregnancy tickers

I lost my angels 07/2010, 04/2017, 10/2017

Meimsx no more
  • Options
    Awesome news! Good job, little buddy. Keep that poop coming!
  • Options
    Yay for poop! So happy for you mama!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

My little love was born July 20th, 2013!

BFP 11.11.12

TTC #1 Since March 2012

• Options
    Yay for poop!!!!
  • Options
    Yay! That's awesome. Hope he's home soon.

image image

D 2.20.2011 & Z 7.16.2013

• Options
    Awesome! Im happy for you guys and the great news!!! Keep it up Luke!!
     imageimageimageimage  
    Anniversary

• Options
    That is the best news!!!!!!!!!  
  • Options
    What a milestone! Congrats! :)
    imageimage
  • Options
    Awesome! Good job Luke!
    Me:33/DH: 34
    Married: July 28, 2012
    DD: July 29, 2013
    DS: July 1, 2015
    Current EDD: May 15, 2017
  • Options
    That is excellent news! So happy for you guys.
    Mom to three girls and pregnant with #4!
    L: 7/12/13
    C: 5/11/15
    E: 3/7/17
    Due 11/10/18
  • Options
    Very exciting!!! I hope he continues to exceed the doctors' expectations and you get to take him home soon!
  • Options
    Yay!! Pooping is the coolest;)

Bonus: 

• Options
    That's awesome, go Luke!
  • Options
    Yay! To commemorate the ocassion, here's a little diddy:

Luke, Luke poop it all out. These are the things your Mom dreams about, come on! J13s thinking of you come on!

It's sung to the tune of some 80s song. You might get it, but I sing it to my LO (with her name of course) when she does her red faces poops!
  • Options
    Stina2012 said:

Yay! To commemorate the ocassion, here's a little diddy:

Luke, Luke poop it all out. These are the things your Mom dreams about, come on! J13s thinking of you come on!

It's sung to the tune of some 80s song. You might get it, but I sing it to my LO (with her name of course) when she does her red faces poops!

Bahaha, love it! And I actually did dream about him pooping :)
    photo fdcd1f14-730b-4ea3-9fd5-37c8a5575512_zps6b3ccb11.jpgphoto a71807cf-a0c7-4c71-807b-bc4577b61b83_zps4eece2a6.jpg
    We are impatiently awaiting the day we can say goodbye to his girlfriend Ivy for good.
  • Options
    Fantastic news!!! So happy for you all Go Luke!

Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• Options
    That's so awesome!!
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    imageimage
  • Options
    Yay! Keep on pooping buddy!!!!
    Daisypath Happy Birthday tickersDaisypath Happy Birthday tickersPitaPata Cat tickers

• Options

Go, Luke, Go!  (Or should I say Poop, Luke, Poop!?!) 

Seriously though, that's such wonderful news!  Yay :)

• Options
    Congratulations!!!!!!!!

One of my best friends has a baby girl with SEVERE gastrochisis.  So bad the doctors gave her a 10% chance of living.  She is starting to feel better now, and we're hoping my friend can go home by the new year.

I remember the day she got her first poop after they reconnected her baby's GI tract, so I totally know where you're coming from, and I'm so, so excited for you!

There is a whole gastro support group out there.  Will DS have short gut syndrome?

If you're interested, my friend has a FB page called 'Praying for Poop'. :)

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Monster Truck (It's a GIRL!) is due 19/02/2015!

BabyFetus Ticker

• Options
    Yay for poopy diapers!!
  • Options

Congratulations!!!!!!!!

One of my best friends has a baby girl with SEVERE gastrochisis.  So bad the doctors gave her a 10% chance of living.  She is starting to feel better now, and we're hoping my friend can go home by the new year.

I remember the day she got her first poop after they reconnected her baby's GI tract, so I totally know where you're coming from, and I'm so, so excited for you!

There is a whole gastro support group out there.  Will DS have short gut syndrome?

If you're interested, my friend has a FB page called 'Praying for Poop'. :)
    Congrats to your friend! I'll have to check out her page - is it public?

Luke lost quite a bit of small intestine; we've been told he has "enough" but just barely, so we'll just have to wait and see how he handles food.
  • Options
    Yes, it's public... And she's very well written and honest about the struggles with gastro and what's happening day to day. Gives us the ups and the downs. You honestly couldn't meet a sweeter, nicer person.

I believe my friend's daughter didn't have enough that they thought she would ever eat food (she lost her valve as well, which is a big deal).  However, while her GI was disconnected, it doubled in length, and they were able to just meet the minimum requirement for nutrient absorption.  I guess so many people praying for one tiny baby does work!  :D

My friend's daughter, Dylan, is up to 10ml/hr (breastmilk - I don't know how she does all this AND pumps... She's superwoman!)  She's having a setback right now, but they're experimenting with oral/IV doses of different drugs, so it's affecting her bowel speed.

I believe she's going to set up a blog as well... She's extremely well written, and I'm sure she would share her extensive knowledge on the matter.  It's great to get a mother's view, instead of just the facts from medical professionals.  :)

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Monster Truck (It's a GIRL!) is due 19/02/2015!

BabyFetus Ticker

• Options
    Yay this is such wonderful news! :) Horray for poop lol
  • Options
    Yay! Awesome news.

TTC since 6/2003. m/c 9/14/03 8 weeks, 5 chemical pregnancies, mmc 6/04 12 weeks, Michael born sleeping 5/25/05 at 22weeks always our angel, fought ovarian cancer and won, m/c 4/06 5.2 weeks and 7/07 6.6 weeks,Our Miracle baby girl born 4/8/10,mc 12/18/11 at 5.3 weeks, BFP 10/26/12 dating u/s on 11/8/12 showing a strong heartbeat!EDD July 4,2013. RCS on 6/27. Baby boy in NICU for 8 long and scary days before he was able to come home. We are now a happy family of 4

. imageimage

• Options
    Very exciting!!
    There are three reasons for breast-feeding: the milk is always at the right temperature; it comes in attractive containers; and the cat can't get it.  ~Irena Chalmers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"