School-Aged Children

Anyone have a PlanetBox

Anyone have a PlanetBox for your kid? I am totally trying to talk myself into getting one, I feel like his LandsEnd one is too small and he starts school on Monday.
Jen - Mom to two December 12 babies Nathaniel 12/12/06 and Addison 12/12/08

Re: Anyone have a PlanetBox

• And what is the point of the magnets if you cannot see then when you use the carrying case?
    Jen - Mom to two December 12 babies Nathaniel 12/12/06 and Addison 12/12/08
  • shannmshannm member
    edited September 2013
    We have used one for a year.  Tonight I packed a tube of yogurt, red peppers, grapes, sunbutter and jam, and a few yogurt covered raisins.

The pros:  My son LOVES using it.  It is one container that is easy to clean and keeps several compartments separate.  It is very environmentally friendly and helps us avoid plastics.  Very sturdy.  Extra pockets to hold a snack, water bottle, napkin and comes with cool little fork and spoon.

The cons:  Some bread doesn't fit into the large section so I have to get creative about getting a normal sandwich to fit completely in that spot.  Can't send in food that is to be reheated (although this is no longer an option for us anyway).  The round containers that are meant for wet food work well although they are awkward sizes.  For example, I would prefer to not use disposable containers (like the tubes) for individual yogurt servings but the little round container is too small and the other is too big.  It is pricey.

The magnets - eh, DS likes to look at them when he is getting his lunch out but that is it.  They are pretty useless.
  • Loading the player...
  • We have one and my daughter loves it!   She loves to pick on a variety of foods, and the compartments on the PlanetBox are great for this.  I have no complaints about it.  It's cute, it's fun to use and she gets the variety she loves.  The magnets are really just for show once it's opened up.  I always put them on the outside of the case....but I saw a pic one time where they had them on the inside, once you open it up.   Either way, they're just for looks!
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"