May 2013 Moms

PSA: Magic Sleepsuits are available

Many have been posting that they've been impossible to find. They are now available for sale on the company website with an expected ship date of tomorrow. It's crazy that earlier this week I saw them selling on eBay for $80. I tossed this purchase around in my head for a while and decided to bite the bullet because I feel like DD's swaddle days might come to a quick stop and I want to be prepared.
3 ectopic pregnancies (EDD's 1/30/12-tube removed, 6/2/12-methotrexate and 10/2/12-methotrexate)
IVF and Natural FET resulted in BFN's and a hole in our wallets
Natural BFP #4 on 9/7/12 gave us our miracle on 5/18/13
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: PSA: Magic Sleepsuits are available

• SpanFranSpanFran member
    edited August 2013
    Thank you so much for posting this!  Off to buy ASAP.

ETA- Done and done.  I'm so excited!  I need a life.
  • Yay! I was able to snag one 2 weeks ago randomly on some baby website but it was $60 total with shipping and handling! DS has been using it for 2 weeks and he's been STTN ever since! He sleeps 8-10 hours without a single wake up and takes 2-3hr naps! Its awesome and worth every single penny!
  • Loading the player...
  • dillngr9 said:
    Do you know how they fit? N is just starting to wear 3-6 month clothing though hes nearing 5 months already but I don't want him to outgrow this too fast.

I don't know.  I ordered the 3-6 and DD just moved to this size in clothing.  I'm hoping that this will be used as a swaddle transition and by 6 months she will be in a sleep sack.  FX!

3 ectopic pregnancies (EDD's 1/30/12-tube removed, 6/2/12-methotrexate and 10/2/12-methotrexate)
  • @evelyn602 - I'm jealous.  DD has been sleeping in her sleepsuit for 3 weeks now and I have yet to get more than 5 hours (and that was only for a few days).  She is 4 months today so I guess the dreaded 4-month sleep regression has hit.  I'm lucky if I get 3 hours.  

DD was 12 pounds a month ago and is now in 3-6 month clothes.  The 3-6 month sleepsuit fits her well and I think she has quite a bit of room to grow.  
    ***Lauren*** Married my Love 07.12.08 - Baby #1 (Girl)-Cystic Hygroma & Turner's Syndrome-D&C at 13 weeks 03.29.12
  • wjvwjv member
    Wow! I am so pissed! I bought one for my older son (a pink one because it was the only one available), but he was sort of too big for it by the time I got it.  I ended up selling it on ebay for $25.  I have no clue why I didn't keep it! I knew I was going to have another baby and now I wish I had it :( BOOOOO!
    Anniversary Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • dillngr9 said:
    Do you know how they fit? N is just starting to wear 3-6 month clothing though hes nearing 5 months already but I don't want him to outgrow this too fast.
    I had the same debate.  I ended up buying the 6-9 month (in pink) a few weeks ago and it fits M just fine.  I roll the sleeves up one turn just so he has easier access to his hands if he wants them but I'm really glad I got the larger size.  M is around 15.5 lbs and around 25 inches if that helps.

Also, FWIW, I bought a gently used one.  Half the price and I'd never know the difference from new. 
    Kim 

imageImage and video hosting by TinyPic image
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Hey! I just saw this and went to buy- if you go to their Facebook page and like them, you can get a 15% discount! $-) everyone likes to save money!

Thank you! Just ordered one :)
  • We finally got our sleepsuit yesterday.  We've used it for naps today, and LO has been napping for an hour.  A WHOLE HOUR.  He's always woken up at 30 minutes on this nose, so this is a huge deal for us.  Coming from swaddling in the RnP to sleeping with the sleepsuit in the crib, I'm pretty optimistic! 
  • So excited! Ours just came today. Fingers crossed.
  • Ours came on Saturday. We did a nap in it which wasn't totally unsuccessful, but she's definitely better in a Houdini swaddle. I'm not ready to try it overnight because she sleeps so well and I don't want to mess with it.
  • I bought one... I'm worried the 3-6m might be too small, but we'll see! Soooo ready! I need sleep!
  • My LO is almost 14lbs and has plenty of room to grow.
  • I have had mine for awhile and used it for naps but stopped when he became obsessed with sticking his hands in his mouth. We are trying in for the first time tonight for a crib transition. I hope we have good luck! 
    photo siggy_zpsf288824b.jpg Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Cgoode517Cgoode517 member
    edited September 2013
    Ours came the other day. We tried it for a nap and he wasn't happy at all! I'm also worried the 3-6 will be too small soon (he's 14lbs 12oz). Still thinking about sending it back for the 6-9 month just to be safe. ETA: I cannot get my signature to update, so frustrating!
  • TradeMama said:

I bought one... I'm worried the 3-6m might be too small, but we'll see! Soooo ready! I need sleep!

We have the 3-6 mo and LO is around 17 lbs. he's still got room. Not sure how long it will last but fits him great right now. I was worried the first time I put it on (well over a month ago) but its has stretched out some since.
    BabyFruit Ticker Lilypie First Birthday tickers Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • NJAZgirl said:

TradeMama said:

I bought one... I'm worried the 3-6m might be too small, but we'll see! Soooo ready! I need sleep!

We have the 3-6 mo and LO is around 17 lbs. he's still got room. Not sure how long it will last but fits him great right now. I was worried the first time I put it on (well over a month ago) but its has stretched out some since.
    I should be fine then... LO is 15 lbs
  • I was so ready to try it out tonight and when it came time for the bedtime routine I realized that I forgot to wash it first. Son of a... argh.

We ordered a 6-9mo because DS is over 18lbs. It says it only goes up to 21 though and at his rate, that's like another month. Yikes.
  • I am so hoping to never have to buy the 6-9 month size and just go from this to sleep sack...
    photo siggy_zpsf288824b.jpg Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • ohgrl95 said:

I am so hoping to never have to buy the 6-9 month size and just go from this to sleep sack...

This is what I'm hoping for too. FX!
  • Trying ours tonight... But it seems like it is meant for an arctic freeze?! Is everyone who has started using them doing okay temperature wise? We keep the a/c at 72 and are in San Diego but this just looks like something for Alaska in winter... Also hoping I made the right call buying the 6-9 months size for my 15.5 pound 3 month old.... We shall see! But her rolling over once and almost rolling many times has me terrified of continuing the full swaddle. Dang it! Time to take the bassinet down from the pack n play too!

My little bug, Madeline. Born June 2, 2013.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"