August 2013 Moms

~*~Healthy Living Check In~*~

lindsayanne14lindsayanne14 member
edited September 2013 in August 2013 Moms
This check in is  for anyone who wants to give and receive support as they set goals for Healthy Living postpartum.  The goals are your own and can be weight loss, upping your activity level, eating better or any other positive lifestyle change you are trying to make for yourself.  Anyone is free to join in at anytime.  Please just post a quick intro letting everyone know a little about your goals and what you are doing to achieve them (My Fitness Pal, Weight Watchers, Personal Trainer, meal planning, etc...).  I'm hoping this will be a positive thread every week where we can all share in our successes and support each other when we struggle!

THE GOOD:
THE BAD:
THE PROUD:
THE PLAN:
QOTW: What is your favorite healthy go-to snack?

BFP #1 4/10/12 D&C 6/5/12@ 12.5wks EDD 12/17/12
BFP #2 9/10/12 CP 9/19/12@ 5.5wks EDD 5/21/13
BFP# 3 12/3/12...Lukas James born 8/15/13
BFP# 4 8/4/14 EDD 4/13/15

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Re: ~*~Healthy Living Check In~*~

• THE GOOD: I started MFP this week and stuck with it everyday except a cheat day yesterday!
    THE BAD: We had family over for the opening day of football...I ate pizza dip for lunch and a chocolate chip cookie cake for dinner!
    THE PROUD: I lost 2 lbs this week!
    THE PLAN: Stick with MFP and try to walk with DS most days.
    QOTW: What is your favorite healthy go-to snack?  Fruit! It's easy and I can usually eat it with one hand! I also love Greek yogurt.

• THE GOOD: I re-activated my MFP account last week.

THE BAD: I caved in and had some pumpkin cheesecake water ice yesterday.  It sounded too good to pass up and I don't regret it.

THE PROUD: LO and I were able to get a 2 mile walk in most days this past week.

THE PLAN: Hopefully my OB will clear me to work out after my PP appt this Thursday and I will be able to get back into running and some weight training.  I will keep walking with LO until that happens and start keeping track of calories in/out with MFP.

QOTW: Usually whatever fruit is in season that we have in the house.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Anniversary
  • Loading the player...
  • edited September 2013
    THE GOOD I started Zoloft so I'm hoping to start feeling better and be motivated to do more.
    THE BAD DH, DS, DD, and I made a campfire for hotdogs and s'mores. I ate more s'mores than I care to admit. BTW they are really good with PB cups.
    THE PROUD I started the 30 day shred this week and I am down 4 lbs. only 13 more to go!
    THE PLAN continue the 30 day shred and walking with the kids
    QOTW apples! I can't get enough. We have a ton of apple trees so when I take the kids for a walk, I pick an apple for DS and me and we eat our apples as we walk.
    June 2010 - IVM
    July 2, 2010- BFP Beta July 5th - 931 Repeat beta July 7th - 2,779
    July 13, 2010- First ultrasound! Gestational sac found!
    July 16, 2010 - 2nd u/s due to bleeding. Twins found! Baby A is great! Praying for Baby B!
    July 23, 2010 - 3rd u/s. Saw Baby A's flicker of a heartbeat! Lost Baby B. :-(
    March 16, 2011 - Nathan James was born
    November 26, 2012 - surprise BFP! It's a girl!
    July 26, 2013 - Lilianna Jean was born

imageimage

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• The good: I have already lost 27lbs. so far. Because I wasn't at my "goal weight" before getting pregnant I still have quite a bit more weight to lose.

The bad: not being able to work out. My body really needs to be active to shed this weight so I really can't wait until I am cleared.

The proud: 27lbs. lost, and I've been sticking to my calorie intake (per day). I haven't even looked at junk food! Yay!

The plan: stick to my calories allotted per day, limit bread intake, lots of water and weekly weigh ins. Once I'm cleared I will go heavy on strength training and cardio 3X a week.

QOTD: I love yogurts, apples and peanut butter, and Special K granola bars.
        DS born 8-16-2013
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • INTRO: hi, my name is Stephanie and I'm a chocoholic. :-h
    I have a long way to go! The ultimate goal is to drop 80lbs. I had lost 60 before starting iui, gained 30 back during that process then an additional 40 during pregnancy. I'm not trying to achieve a runway model body, I just want to feel good about myself and be a healthy role model for my little girl.

THE GOOD: I am finally able to keep track of what day of the week it is and am looking forward to getting into a healthy groove starting this week.
    THE BAD: yesterday consisted of cookies and coffee for breakfast, leftover pizza for lunch and Carrabbas take out for dinner, OY!
    THE PROUD: I've lost 25 lbs in my first 2 weeks pp. although we've been ordering takeout way too much, I've kept healthy fresh produce snacks on hand since LO came home.
    THE PLAN: starting slow. Daily walks with LO start today and we have agreed on limited takeout (1x biweekly). This means meal planning needs to begin. Ill starting lifting light weights for arm toning soon but any intense workouts have to wait till my 6 wk checkup.
    QOTW: plain low fat yogurt with granola and blueberries, yum. Or almost any fruit.
  • THE GOOD: I re-activated my MFP account last week.

THE BAD: I caved in and had some pumpkin cheesecake water ice yesterday.  It sounded too good to pass up and I don't regret it.

THE PROUD: LO and I were able to get a 2 mile walk in most days this past week.

THE PLAN: Hopefully my OB will clear me to work out after my PP appt this Thursday and I will be able to get back into running and some weight training.  I will keep walking with LO until that happens and start keeping track of calories in/out with MFP.

QOTW: Usually whatever fruit is in season that we have in the house.

Pumpkin cheesecake water ice? Oh man. I want some of that!
    June 2010 - IVM
    July 2, 2010- BFP Beta July 5th - 931 Repeat beta July 7th - 2,779
    July 13, 2010- First ultrasound! Gestational sac found!
    July 16, 2010 - 2nd u/s due to bleeding. Twins found! Baby A is great! Praying for Baby B!
    July 23, 2010 - 3rd u/s. Saw Baby A's flicker of a heartbeat! Lost Baby B. :-(
    March 16, 2011 - Nathan James was born
    November 26, 2012 - surprise BFP! It's a girl!
    July 26, 2013 - Lilianna Jean was born

imageimage

• The Good: I have lost 5 lbs in the past 3 weeks. I'm now only 13 lbs away from pre preg weight.

The Bad: I ate a half bag of Kettle Chips yesterday. Oops.

The Proud: I have been forcing myself to get out of the house for walks.

The Plan: My OB has cleared me for exercise, but said to start slow. I will be walking this week and starting 30 day shred with modified moves and no weight to begin.

QOTW: Lately, it's bananas. They are easy to eat with one hand!

• THE GOOD: I found out at my appt last week that after having LO, I have lost 30lbs! Woo hoo. I haven't done anything either besides go on a walk when I feel okay because I'm recovering from a c section.
    THE BAD: due to having gd while pregnant, I was deprived of so many sweets and I'm making up for what I've missed!
    THE PROUD: I've lost 30lbs
    THE PLAN: to walk faster and more often as soon as I am recovered.
    QOTW: honestly I don't have one! I haven't been snacking now that I'm not pregnant and I am so thankful lol

• THE GOOD: I can button some of my pre preg jeans! Muffin top in full effect tho.

THE BAD: husband bought ice cream. I really don't know why, but I suppose I should eat it so it won't taunt me anymore. :)

THE PROUD: finally getting my UP by Jawbone in effect. Did 8,000+ steps yesterday (or so it says)

THE PLAN: 10,000 steps a day and work on my core to try and get this muffin top under control.

QOTW: What is your favorite healthy go-to snack? Hummus + anything. I need to try homemade hummus again. The last time I tried it was a fail.
  • Hi everyone! I'm 2.5 weeks PP, and my goal is to at least get back to my pre-pregnancy weight of 155lbs, although I'd love to hit 145, if possible. I'm not sure what my current weight is, as I haven't weighed myself in the morning when I usually do because I'm too busy making sure LO eats and gets changed. Years ago, I used caloriecount.com to lose weight before my wedding, but I'm not sure if I'll do that again. I'm pretty good at eyeballing portions and calories, so I think I'm just going to focus on making good choices and eating the right amount. I'm not cleared for exercise yet, but I'm going to try and take LO for walks every day, if possible. 

THE GOOD: So far today, I have made healthy choices in terms of meals. I know I've lost weight, I just don't know how much.

THE BAD: I had to make DH hide my candy yesterday because I was eating too many Skittles - when they switched the green one over to green apple from lime, I bought a bunch of the huge bags of Skittles. It's pathetic, but if they are laying around, I will eat them, so I had to have DH hide them.

THE PROUD: I have given up my pregnancy vice of eating Poptarts for breakfast. I am now eating oatmeal every morning. 

THE PLAN: Start taking regular walks with LO.

QOTW: Plain Greek yogurt with berries and honey.

12/19/2012 BFP! 
    EDD 08/26/2013 
    Our little girl arrived 8/22/2013!

• @LifetimeOfLove, Rita's!

@MrsWahidi, if only bananas were easy to open with only one hand too!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Anniversary
  • The good: still havent smoked i took ds and nephews on a walk to the park and i see my dr thursday

The bad: ive eaten my weight in peanut butter m&ms

The proud: im giving up coke for water

The plan: lots of walking

Qotw: carrots
  • Hi Ladies!!

Apparently I have been missing this thread up until now. So my intro: I am 4 weeks PP I gained 40lbs during pregnancy and I am currently down 30lbs. I haven't done anything yet to try and lose weight because I am waiting for my 6wk PP appt to get the go ahead from my doctor. So my weight loss is strictly from breast feeding. 

GOOD: I have been making more of an effort to eat a more balanced diet. Which for me right now is finding the time to actually eat!!  

BAD: Been on a sweet kick and ate half a cheesecake last week. 

PROUD: Lost 30lbs. 

PLAN: 6 woks PP I plan on start an exercise plan to tone up and lose an additional 10-15lbs. 

QOTW: Fruit. Specifically cantaloupe. :) 

• THE GOOD: I stuck with myfitnesspal app all week and stayed under or only a little but over the calories all week.

THE BAD: I've been the exact same weight to the point for 2 weeks :(

THE PROUD: I got outside and walked at least a short walk almost everyday

THE PLAN: got the clear to exercise today so I have to try and fit that in.

QOTW: fruit and raw veggie trays

TTC since July 2011
    HSG normal in May 2012 followed by three unmonitored clomid cycles unsuccessful
    Unexplained female infertility (My husband apparently has super sperm)
    IUI # 1 Nov 24
    BFP Dec 8! EDD Aug 17th, due to Preeclampsia and HELLP, Kylie Penelope was born July 30th!

• THE GOOD: I continued the myfitnesspal ap and stayed under my calorie goal all week!

THE BAD: I didnt eat very well this week. Mcdonalds, burger king, chinese food... Very bloated today.

THE PROUD: I managed to take all three kids to the grocery store by myself yesterday! We all survived, with no injuries and no one got lost.

THE PLAN: Eat clean this week! Lots of fruites and veggies, minimal processed foods. Keep up with my ap! And more walking!

QOTW: air popped popcorn. Yum! Or carrots.

"Life isn't about waiting for the storm to be over, it's about learning how to dance in the rain." -Unknown

Married 3-1-08  |  Nathan 11-24-08  |  Kaelyn 11-30-10  |  Alicia  8-17-13

• THE GOOD: I go to the doctor on Wednesday (hoping to get the clear to work out) THE BAD: I can't stop eating! Breastfeeding makes me so hungry!!! THE PROUD: I walked 11 miles last week THE PLAN: start working out (after cleared) our treadmill looks like a storage unit right now, every week do a little more than the last. QOTW: green peppers!! Yumm!!!
  • @bendicott7 I've been opening them with my mouth, lol. 

• The good: I downloaded MFP and was right at my calorie goal but I think I need to increase it cuz I got headaches. I added 300 cals for beeastfeeding to what MFP suggested for my weight and activity level but I think 500 is better. I'm not really trying to lose weight just eat balanced

The bad: I am 4 weeks pp and I am 12 above my pre preg weight Which more than I thought cuz my belly is pretty much gone. I think it's hanging around on my hips and love handles cuz I put my jeans on for the first time and my fat pants are super tight in the hips.
    The proud: I planned dinner for 3 nights thi week and will make more balanced meals a priority so we are healthy and feel good.

The plan: to do more prep work this weekend so I can make meals with less effort since LO is always on me

I Love fruit especially apples and nectarines
  • @lamuehlen I absolutely LOVE peanut butter m&ms !!!
  • tanabeans said:

@lamuehlen I absolutely LOVE peanut butter m&ms !!!

They are my go to for cigarette cravings
  • LAMuehlen said:

The good: still havent smoked i took ds and nephews on a walk to the park and i see my dr thursday

Congrats on quitting smoking! Hardest thing I've ever done!

• Hi! I just want to introduce myself first. I'm Elizabeth and I am 5 weeks pp.

The good: the day are getting easier and I have really enjoyed walking with LO and DH most days.

The bad: had a rough time on an outing today and over did it on some chocolate when I got home.

The proud: although I'm trying not to focus too much on the scale it continues to go down and I am feeling better about myself every day.

The plan: eat when I'm hungry, not when I'm full. Lots of water. Get moving more once I'm cleared. Make healthy nutritious choices that will fuel my body and nourish LO.

QOTH: fruit

I have a quick question for those of you nursing and using myfitnesspal app. How are you adjusting calories for healthy weight loss while nursing? TIA!
  • LAMuehlen said:

The good: still havent smoked i took ds and nephews on a walk to the park and i see my dr thursday

Congrats on quitting smoking! Hardest thing I've ever done!
    Hardest thing im still doing almost 10 months in. Does it get better
  • Cocolamo1Cocolamo1 member
    edited September 2013
    Hello all! Nice work on healthy living!
    I am currently 6w PP.

G: I stuck to WW all week and lost another 3 lbs.

B: Old habits die hard. My pre-pregnancy habits of drinking wine, sneaking kids snacks & over-carbing are back.

P: Most of my pre pregnancy clothes are too big. I'm 20 lbs less than when I got pregnant last year. The positive of having GD.

Plan: continue WW, join other moms in a walking group, I bought a new double stroller this week and I have been walking the neighborhood.

Fave snack: fruit or yogurt
  • Hi! First time posting :) I have no idea how much I weigh postpartum because I never got weighed leaving the hospital and my two week check up isn't until Wednesday. I was overweight before getting pregnant, but I had JUST started my weight loss "journey", and I managed to only gain about 5 lbs during this whole pregnancy. Now that I'm not pregnant anymore, I'm really hoping to get down to a healthy weight. I'm going to start couch to 5k program when I get cleared for exercise.
    THE GOOD: I can tell I'm losing more weight. My ring is sooo loose. I'm going to have to get it resized if I keep this up!
    THE BAD: I'm having a lot of stomach cramping that I'm attributing to gas/digestion pain, but I'm going to talk to my midwife on Wednesday. They're making it so that I can't get walking for too long without pain, so I haven't started walking for exercise yet.
    THE PROUD: I'm happy that I didn't gain very much during my pregnancy and that I'm probably already below my pre-pregnancy weight.
    THE PLAN: Couch to 5k at 6 weeks, walking as soon as it cools off and my stomach stops hurting so bad. Continue eating healthy, try to increase my intake of fresh produce.
    QOTW: What is your favorite healthy go-to snack? Almonds! I love them.
    photo pooka_zpsc2aa61f3.jpg

• THE GOOD: I continued the myfitnesspal ap and stayed under my calorie goal all week!

THE BAD: I didnt eat very well this week. Mcdonalds, burger king, chinese food... Very bloated today.

THE PROUD: I managed to take all three kids to the grocery store by myself yesterday! We all survived, with no injuries and no one got lost.

THE PLAN: Eat clean this week! Lots of fruites and veggies, minimal processed foods. Keep up with my ap! And more walking!

QOTW: air popped popcorn. Yum! Or carrots.

This was me exactly. Stayed under my calories but still ate horribly. I need to eat healthy calories I'm sure

TTC since July 2011
    HSG normal in May 2012 followed by three unmonitored clomid cycles unsuccessful
    Unexplained female infertility (My husband apparently has super sperm)
    IUI # 1 Nov 24
    BFP Dec 8! EDD Aug 17th, due to Preeclampsia and HELLP, Kylie Penelope was born July 30th!

• New to the thread! I'm Michelle, and I am 5.5 weeks pp. I have just over 10 lbs to lose of the over 30 lbs gained during pregnancy. I am really not concerned about my weight, just need to tone. 

The good: I have been going for walks every day since a few days pp, and I am able to walk more and more all the time! The baby just loves being outside, he's been going for walks every day since we were discharged (first few days were just with daddy!)

The bad: I have been eating worse now than during pregnancy! I have dessert every night. My mom, who is really tiny, eats dessert every night and was here for several weeks and got me into bad habits. 

The proud: Hmm. Probably managing to go for walks every day. I haven't done any other exercise. 

The plan: Continue walking, join strollercize, join a mom and baby fitness class to tone up. 

Glad to join you guys!
  • I'm only 13 days post c/s and am not setting any specific weight loss goals until after the 6 week check up.

THE GOOD: I'm healing well from the c/s, much quicker than I had expected. I've been going for a walk every day.
    THE BAD: My pregnancy sweet tooth is still in full force. I feel ravenous all the time. I'm terrified of my first day alone with my newborn and toddler with this level of sleep deprivation.
    THE PROUD: I haven't completely lost my mind BFing every 1-2 hours day and night.
    THE PLAN: Keep going for walks until I get the go-ahead to exercise. Try not to indulge every craving. Meal plan!
  • lindsayanne14lindsayanne14 member
    edited September 2013

@LAMuehlen
    It does get better, but it is sometimes a struggle, even 6 years later! Especially when I'm really stressed or upset...or drinking
    ;)
    I've just realized that I can't ever have another, not even one. It's just too slippery of a slope for me. On the plus side, I feel soooooo much better since quiting!

• Hi! I just want to introduce myself first. I'm Elizabeth and I am 5 weeks pp.

The good: the day are getting easier and I have really enjoyed walking with LO and DH most days.

The bad: had a rough time on an outing today and over did it on some chocolate when I got home.

The proud: although I'm trying not to focus too much on the scale it continues to go down and I am feeling better about myself every day.

The plan: eat when I'm hungry, not when I'm full. Lots of water. Get moving more once I'm cleared. Make healthy nutritious choices that will fuel my body and nourish LO.

QOTH: fruit

I have a quick question for those of you nursing and using myfitnesspal app. How are you adjusting calories for healthy weight loss while nursing? TIA!

I can't add the link because I'm mobile, but if you look at last week's thread I posted a link to a site that will help you figure out how many calories you might want to set as your goal on MFP. It takes in to account your age, height, current weight and if you're breast feeding.

• @lindsayanne79 ohhhh my im putting off drinking and switched to iced coffee to curb my cravings. Being around my bf is hard. I love that he smells of musk axe and cigarettes. He always has. Its a very sexy smell to me.

But ds is my reason to stay quited. I can snoke and hurt myself but i could never smoke knowing im hurting him. I want him to have a good healthy life.
  • @LAMuehlen...it's hard to quit when someone close to you smokes. My ex did and it was such a part of our life together! You've already put in 10 months which is great and staying a "quitter" is just as good for your DS now as it was when he was in utero!

• @lindsayanne79 thankfully bf is trying hes on chantix but all that does is make him sick as a dog. But hes finally down to a pack a week. So hopefully he can quit thae chantix soon and go cold turkey.

My mom has had so many health problems her whole life from growing up in second hand smoke. Issues ranging from athsma to thyroid cancer. I found out while pregnant that smoking increases the chances for sids. I love my son to much to do him harm knowingly.
  • Ooops sorry I missed this thread yesterday.

THE GOOD: Consistently doing yoga, yoga sculpt and fast walking with some running mixed in. 

THE BAD: Not losing weight. I'm stuck at this plateau and I'm certain its b/c of my eating.
    THE PROUD: 75 minute yoga sculpt classes both Sat and Sun

THE PLAN: Substitute afternoon sweet tooth with fruit.

QOTW: What is your favorite healthy go-to snack? I've been reaching for crackers which clearly aren't cutting it for weight loss.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"