Natural Birth

Thanks ladies!

Thanks for the good thoughts the other day.

DS2 was born at home about 52 hours after my water broke, including about 3 hours of active labor. Interestingly, contractions stayed 10 minutes apart and 30 seconds long the whole time (so far apart and short). That fooled us into thinking we weren't very far along, despite a classic sign of transition and one that's unique to me.

So we didn't realize that it was time to tell our MW to come (we'd checked in with her, but contractions being short and far apart fooled her too) until...I realized it was time to push!  Thankfully, DH took this news well and didn't panic. And it's so fun to know that he was the first to hold DS2. 

Yes, we had an accidental unassisted birth. My MW arrived just as we were saying "Baby is here!" to each other. 

Thanks again for the good thoughts!
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Thanks ladies!

• Yay!  I was hoping that things went well.  It is very special that your H got to deliver DS2.  I hope you are recovering and enjoying your new LO.  Congrats!
  • Loading the player...
  • Woo-hoo!  Congratulations!

If you don't mind sharing, what's your classic transition sign?

• @nodito
    During transition I have back labor. And I become very, very, very opinionated about how DH rubs my my/applies counterpressure. And very vocal about him doing it the wrong way from one contraction to the next (as if he can read my mind and know that this time I just want him to push instead of rub, or that I want him to rub the other direction this time).

And by vocal I mean, not nice and very loud.
  • Aww how special and congrats! Enjoy your time with your new little one.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Congratulations!! Great story. We had an unplanned unassisted homebirth too. 

Hope you're settling in nicely with your new wee one.
    Elizabeth 5yrs old Jane 3yrs old

• thats awesome. congrats

Engaged 10/2/1202
    BFP (a lil quicker than expected) 12/7/2012
    Married to my best friend 12/24/2012
    Beautiful baby girl arrived 8/15/2013
    BFP #2 3/13/2016

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Congratulations! How are J & A doing with your new little guy?
    Ivy: July 2010  |  Stella: Dec 2012  |  BFP#3: MMC at 11Wk's, July 2017 | Wyatt: April 2019 | BFP#5: Twin Girls due Sept 2020

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"