Nurseries and Baby Gear
Options

Dresser Question

MAG716MAG716 member
edited September 2013 in Nurseries and Baby Gear
So here's my dilemma.  I already own the following dresser from IKEA:

HEMNES 3 drawer chest IKEA Extra roomy drawers. Smooth running drawers with pull-out stop.
I am going to use the dresser as a changing table as well, and want to use the top drawer for diapers, wipes, lotions, powder, and whatever other first aid/toiletries that will be handy to have at my fingertips.  The other drawers will be used for clothes.  

My question is, do we think the above dresser I already own is enough (I was just going to buy those drawer separators to organize), or is it worth me spending $250 on the slightly larger version below?

HEMNES 8-drawer dresser IKEA Extra roomy drawers. Smooth running drawers with pull-out stop.
Sorry the pictures are so big!

Re: Dresser Question

• Options
    I think it would be enough. We have the big one in our room now we use for the changer and everything . We use the entire top of the dresser but that's because our clothes are in the drawers I think the smaller would be just fine for one kid. If you plan on having more kids and know they might share I room I would say get the bigger one . My oldest two girls share a room now and there dresser much like the small one doesn't hold half of there clothes . We plan on getting them the bigger one soon .
  • Options
    I have two. The top drawer is diapers, toiletries, etc. The 2nd drawer is onesies and the 3rd drawer is socks, shoes, etc.
    The other dresser has 4 drawers. The top has pajamas, the next has all shirts, the next is all pants and the bottom is outfits. I keep them organized by size.
    I don't have much room in my closet and only hang up special outfits and the next size clothing.
    Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    We purchased a convertible crib and 2 matching dressers.  We were going to buy only one dresser at one point.  Then we decided that we'd rather have the extra dresser down the line and should the manufacturer stop making that set, then we'd never be able to buy it.  I didn't think we would...but we have filled every single drawer in both dressers with all of LO's things - we received so many outfits in a range of sizes (through 1 year), sippy cups, tethers and many other things that LO won't use for months from now.  I organized her clothes in the drawers by size and then some of the other drawers house things like diapers, bibs, hats/accessories, bath towels and washcloths, etc.  What I really like is that all of her things are in her own room.
  • Options
    We have the bigger one with plenty of space to spare. The small was definitely too small and we had a basket with wipes on a shelf above the dresser so we had all 3 drawers available and it still wasn't enough.

Jacob 3.23.08 * Grace 7.22.09 * Eli 7.26.11 * Annabelle 1.18.14

• Options

We went with a larger 6 drawer-dresser for DS because it is going to be his one and only dresser until he goes to college - heck, he can take it with him when he gets his first place, as far as I'm concerned!  My point it, the smaller dresser will work fine for clothes with they're little (although we do fill all 6 drawers for DS now, but with room to spare) but if you plan to use it for years to come, their clothes will get bigger too and they will need more space.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    If you decide to stick with the small, run to Ikea anyway and get the drawer organizers.  They are like $6.99 for a pack of them and they are easy to break down little thing into smaller more organized sections in a bigger drawer.  
  • Options
    We have the large (in blue) for our LO.  I intend it to be his dresser as he grows, so I wanted to have it large enough for the long term.  We also keep a basket on top with diapers and wipes so we aren't opening drawers every time we have to change him.  Right now his clothes fit in the 2 drawers on the middle row.  The bottom drawers have blankets, towels, sheets, and clothes he's not big enough for yet.  The top row has socks, burp cloths, sleepers, and bibs.  It's worked well for us thus far.
  • Options
    We have a similar dresser plus another one with 5 drawers. Every single drawer is full and I had to hang diaper stacker that came with bedding set and use it to store diapers as I literally ran out of space in the dresser. We got so many hand me downs that the 5 drawer dresser is all clothes nb/0-3 months and the dresser that doubles as changer has all blankets, swaddlers, bibs, towels etc. all clothes above 3 months are stacked in the closet for now. No way we could have fit everything in only 1 dresser. 
  • Options
    We have the 8 drawer in DDs room. We love it, when she is in a twin I am taking her dresser to our room and getting her the three drawer. Mostly because her dresser is nicer than ours.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I just bought this for DD nursery yesterday. Its on sale until 10-1 and I think super worth it.  I have so much for her already and have yet to have my shower.   I also wanted this bigger dresser so she can keep it as she gets older. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFetus Ticker

• Options
    We have the small one and used it as you described. We don't have any closets but did put a small ikea cabinet in the room for blankets, books and such. We've never had an issues with having enough room. I just rotate the clothes out that don't fit anymore into storage

little chkn born 06/30/11

baby chkn born 04/22/14

05/13 image 07/13

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"