Military Families
Options

Any submariner wives/partners

Hey all!

Been with my DH for 3 years now and we finally made the biggest of plunges into parenthood and got our BFP in. I wanted to check in to those familiar with deployment cycles during pregnancy and any general advice, such as birth during deployment etc. thanks ladies!

Lilypie First Birthday tickers   

Re: Any submariner wives/partners

• Options
    my husband has been on subs for 18 years. deployments and underway schedules depend on the boat and the type of boat. is he on an ssbn, ssgn, or ssn?

Married 11/27/09 and TTC right away
    Dx: Complete septate uterus with cervical duplication, endometrial polyps, PCOS, endometriosis, hypo thyroid, luteal phase defect
    4 uterus surgeries to correct my complete septum and to remove polyps and 2 years of seeing the RE, medicated cycles and IUIs
    Baby 1 and 2: BFP 3/3/11 with 2 babies EDD 11/1/11, M/C 4/6/11
    Baby #3: 8/11 pregnant EDD 4/27/11 and m/c:(
    Baby #4: 10/12/11 BFP! EDD 6/16/12m/c 10/26/11
    Baby #5: 3/13/12 BFP! EDD 11/25/12 ANOTHER m/c :(

Baby #6: 2/14/13- BFP! EDD 10/24/13, CP 2/19/13
    Baby #7: 3/15/13- BFP! EDD 11/27/13, another CP
    Baby #8.  BFP 5/19/13 EDD 1/22/14. 8 was not our lucky number

4th septum resection on 5/31/13.
    Baby #9: 6/29/13 BFP. C section scheduled for March 5th!

My miracle baby was born March 5 at 9:33am. He was 8 lbs 12.5 oz and 21.25 inches long!

image"">

• Options
    Hey! I'm a submariner's wife too! He's in school right now though :
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    ksf13ksf13 member

Submariner's wife here too! Deployment cycles definitely depend on the type of sub. Congrats on your BFP and good luck :)

BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    My husband has been in for over 8 years now, just switched from shore back to sea duty.  He's got 2 years left and then we'll move back to Washington (we're in CT right now)
    Christa
    Adopted a baby girl in January 2013 via domestic infant adoption
    "One and Done!"  Now we spend our time traveling the world as a family

My Blog: Travel Fearlessly
  • Options
    I'm a sub wife too :) Our first was born on shore duty so he was around the whole time. The second was born shortly after he arrived back on sea to a ssn. He was gone quite a bit for short periods of time but we were very fortunate that he was home for the birth. This time around our little one is due three weeks before his transfer date. We are going to an ssbn for the first time in his career. Good luck to you and congratulations!!!!!

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • Options
    My husband is a submariner too. Our first was 2 weeks early and he was at sea. Luckily he was on shore duty for the twins birth. It can be challenging but I had a lot of support from other wives. If you can have a baby on shore duty that's by far my recommendation :) but if that's not what happens then plenty of other women have made it work so it can be done. Best of luck.
  • Options
    Sorry been MIA from the boards, baby first trimester has me wiped and completely have been just tired as heck.

My DH is on an SSGN.  He will be home most of pregnancy and thankfully our captain is really family oriented though we will be switch captains and its up in the air. 

As far as having the baby later....yeah that isn't possible lol. So really looking for advice during this time being pregnant and without DH (and in a place with limited friends).  Should I go back home for support (this would also mean leaving my job), I'm just a bit nervous is all.

• Options
    My mom was able to come out for the birth. I had a great doctor who knew that my husband was gone. Whenever I needed she would meet me at the hospital. I had to get IV fluids a couple times when I got sick. If you have family that can come for few weeks to a month right around your due date that would help. My mom left and the next day my husband came home but then he had duty. It was pretty exhausting with him on 3 section duty, but it was ok. If you feel you need the support I'd go home but I felt better being closer to base and knowing what's going on.
  • Options
    Sorry been MIA from the boards, baby first trimester has me wiped and completely have been just tired as heck.

My DH is on an SSGN.  He will be home most of pregnancy and thankfully our captain is really family oriented though we will be switch captains and its up in the air. 

As far as having the baby later....yeah that isn't possible lol. So really looking for advice during this time being pregnant and without DH (and in a place with limited friends).  Should I go back home for support (this would also mean leaving my job), I'm just a bit nervous is all.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"