July 2012 Moms

JEALOUS

I'm suffering from lots of jealousy lately!  My list includes:

*Anyone who's pregnant.  We're waiting for timing purposes and I know that's a good thing but I'm still jealous.
*Foster parents.  I want to be one but that goal will probably have to wait a few years until we get more settled.
*The people who live in the gorgeous apartment overlooking Central Park we visited yesterday.  The building has a pool on the roof!  360 degree views of NYC!  Ugh, I burn, I BURN.  Why am I not rich?
*The rich in general.  There's so many rich people in NYC and now we live in a rich neighborhood so I see them eveeeerywheeeeeeere!

Who are you jealous of?

Re: JEALOUS

• Anyone who owns their own house. :-< We're working on it, but sometimes it feels like I'm the only one working on it. And MH is getting the itch to travel or move or something again so he's even less interested.

Even a minor event in the life of a child is an event of that child's world and thus a world event.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• I'm jealous of my friend's uncomplicated labor, delivery, and recovery. Of course I'm happy for her I just wish I got to experience that with Owen. I'm hoping I get luckier the second time around.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • - People whose houses have sold recently.
    - Women who are home with their kids instead of work right now.
    - Anybody with a clean house because mine is a pig sty currently.
    Dating since 3.8.2008. Married since 6.4.2011. Bryson born on 6.28.2012
     CafeMom Tickers
  • I'm with you on the pregnancy thing. I mean, I know we should wait and I actually want to wit, but I'm still jealous.

And the rich. Gah, wouldn't it be nice?!?!?

And I am super duper jealous of people who make $ doing what they love. I mean, I like my job, but not because its fun. I like it because it is flexible and it pays the bills. I wish I could do something I love and get paid.

• I'm jealous of people who can manage their time. And people who are motivated, I've been having such a hard time getting motivated to do ANYTHING!
    "Parenting is a constant struggle between making your kid's live better and ruining your own." Willie Robertson, 'Duck Dynasty'
    Anniversary IMAG1763 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • That's what I've always wanted... Pt hours and ft pay
  • Jealous of SAHMs.... I feel guilty of not being the one to take care of my daughter during the day
  • Ditto PP about those with a clean, tidy house (and those with a cleaning lady).

Moms who didn't get stretch marks or saggy skin after babies.

My sister who is going to Europe for 18 days. UGH. I'd like to hide in her luggage. 

Anyone with a short commute to work.

People who like to exercise.

I could keep going but I will stop there :) 
  • . I cannot imagine the jealousy in NYC. There has got to be a huge divide.

Thanks to the internet, it's now possible to know how much people are paying for their homes.  I looked up the building we went to last night, and 1br1ba are selling for $875-$910k.  I must be a New Yorker because that doesn't even sound so crazy!  Then I remember, it's only one bedroom!  Where you gonna put your kid???
  • I'm jealous of people that are naturally clean freaks. I'm a controlled chaos kind of person but my house has been driving me crazy lately. MH is also messy, the baby scatters crap all over the house so between the three of us its awful. I being tidy just came natural to me.

Also skinny people

People with nannies or extra help (I'm jealous of you work moms today Emery had a meltdown because I closed the door when I had to go to the bathroom)

People with loving involved family members. Visiting my mom made me sad she doesnt live by us. It was so nice having people around. I didnt really even look at Bump or FB for a week. It made me sad that my MIL sucks and that my sister is the only involved family member we have. I feel like Emery deserves better. I have emery all 12 hours, my h maybe sometimes makes it home to see her for 30 minutes or 1 hour before bed and my MIL hasnt seen her in 3 weeks and didnt even ask about her. In all the 14 months of her existence my MIL has babysat her twice for a total of 3 hours each time and only because she had my niece and nephew. My family was kind of shocked at how much she doesnt care.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Married: 5/21/05 **~** Emery Aylin 6/30/12

BFP#1-11/5/10- Surgery for ectopic pregnancy 11/15/10 BFP#2-11/1/11 Due 7/8/12 Born 6/30/12
    Oops we did it again... BFP 03/23/14 Due 12/6/14 Nora Born 11/23/14
  • Ditto PP about those with a clean, tidy house (and those with a cleaning lady).

My sister who is going to Europe for 18 days. UGH. I'd like to hide in her luggage. 

OMG Yes! I forgot about this. FFC I feel oddly happy when I see other moms (ex stokes advocare ladies) with jacked bellies. I knew it was gonna happen to me because I saw my aunts stomach, but damn I get angry when I see some women stretch mark free. Grrrrrrr

Married: 5/21/05 **~** Emery Aylin 6/30/12

BFP#1-11/5/10- Surgery for ectopic pregnancy 11/15/10 BFP#2-11/1/11 Due 7/8/12 Born 6/30/12
    Oops we did it again... BFP 03/23/14 Due 12/6/14 Nora Born 11/23/14
  • nesenotes said:
    Ditto PP about those with a clean, tidy house (and those with a cleaning lady).

OMG Yes! I forgot about this. FFC I feel oddly happy when I see other moms (ex stokes advocare ladies) with jacked bellies. I knew it was gonna happen to me because I saw my aunts stomach, but damn I get angry when I see some women stretch mark free. Grrrrrrr
    Yeah, I'm not jealous of those bitches, I just hate them  b-(
  • MrsKBerlo said:
    Parents that can leave their baby and go on vacation without them without worrying constantly, i don't know when i'll be able to go away without her!!
    :-/

I too am jealous of those who have no anxiety of leaving their LOs! It puts a huge damper on things for sure.
    Visit The Nest
    AnniversaryBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker 

• I am jealous of all of you young mommas. I want to be in my twenties again :)

The other day I got seriously jealous when I overheard the woman bragging about her son getting accepted to Harvard. I  think my face was green with envy at this moment...

I am also jealous of people who don't stress about money and truly enjoy other nonmaterial parts of life. Who do a lot of volunteering, good will, helping the planet, etc. 

• All I can think of is people who can sit upright without pain! I'm such a complainer.

Also people who don't have to try hard to be skinny. My MIL had a beautiful figure when she was younger, and she ate anything she wanted and never worked out.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • aimee223 said:

@kitchencolors man, I have a big long list of petty things I was going to say I'm jealous of. But maybe I should just be happy with what I have. You have so much of my respect. I've never said it, but I really really admire you.

Exactly. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Add me to the list of people wishing they loved their job. I don't think I would mind working if it were something I was passionate about.

Also jealous of parents with 14 month olds who are walking and talking. Womp womp.

And then finally I'm jealous of people who have lots of girlfriends. All of my close friends from college live far away, and I hate not being able to just cal one of them up to grab drinks or lunch.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"