August 2012 Moms
Options

Hard soled shoes

I know this has been discussed before, but any recommendations for some sneakers for DS? I bought him some red chucks, and while they are super cute, they seem to be a bit clunky and the high tops are ridiculously hard to get on his little feet! (He does not help at all!). I'll probably order some online as soon as I get home from the grocery store. Thanks!
image image

Re: Hard soled shoes

• Options
    Pedipeds are great. I like how soft and flexible the soles are. I used to work in kids shoes back in college. It's really important to have your child fitted at the store (if you haven't already done so). Having the proper length and width really makes a difference for their feet. If shoes are too narrow, wide, or short it can effect the growth of their feet. Also, while Chuck's are cute, I rarely found a toddler that fit into them well. Stride Rite's are great for walkers, but not always my favorite styles. I know a lot of people who like See Kai Run too. Look for shoes that are really flexible :-)
    BFP #1 5/16/11 - M/C 5/20/11 BFP #2 7/26/11 - Chemical Pregnancy 7/28/11 BFP #3 8/31/11 - Chemical Pregnancy 9/10/11 (Worst Birthday Ever!!) BFP #4 12/3/11 DD born 8/13 Perfect in every way!! Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Stride rite stage 2. They are bendable to his foot.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    So....did you guys buy the "first steps"or the "next steps"? Daycare said he has to have hard soles for going outside. He. Is just starting to walk, but it seems silly to buy the first step ones. He is home the majority of the time ( only in daycare 3 half days a week) so he is usually barefoot anyway. I'm talking about the pedipeds
    image image
  • Options
    We were told to use soft soles because they're better for them. Learning to walk, and for the growth of their feet.

I like stride rites, but he is barefoot 95% of the time.
  • Options
    I think the stride rites are fine. I'm guessing what she meant was probably just not the cloth crib shoes so his feet don't get wet if the grass is wet. I'm gonna order the stride rites. Thanks guys!
    image image
  • Options
    this is a little late, but we have converse low-tops with velcro and we love them. i got them at marshall's recently for i think $16.99. they're really easy to get on and off.
    https://www.amazon.com/Converse-All-Star-2V-Athletic/dp/B005A3LFJC/ref=sr_1_11?s=shoes&ie=UTF8&qid=1378744177&sr=1-11
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"