Nurseries and Baby Gear

Baby Bargains?

Has anyone used this book to help them register? My cousin highly recommended it but I wanted to see if anyone else had used it or had any luck with it.
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
image   image  image

Re: Baby Bargains?

• i just look up lucies list on the internet.
  • It's okay.  It didn't have anything I didn't find from Amazon reviews.  Also, the stroller section is garbage IMHO.  
    image   image
    We were 2 under 2, now 3 under 3!
    Team Green turned Team Pink with #1, Team Green turned Team Blue with #2, Team Green turned Team Pink again with #3
  • Loading the player...
  • Estwd2 said:
    It's okay.  It didn't have anything I didn't find from Amazon reviews.  Also, the stroller section is garbage IMHO.  
    Really? Why? I rec this book to everyone, so I'm just curious.
    I just prefer reviews from real people because I like to see varied opinions.  I am research NUT though so let me be honest about that.  I cannot read one review and buy a product so that's why I didn't like the book.  I'm also a self confessed stroller snob and some of the brands they recommend I don't think are very good.  
    image   image
    We were 2 under 2, now 3 under 3!
    Team Green turned Team Pink with #1, Team Green turned Team Blue with #2, Team Green turned Team Pink again with #3
  • I love it. Even bought a copy for my friend. I look at their review first & then do more research on my top pick from them.
  • It is a really great book, especially for first time parents.  I highly recommend it.  I also recommend list.  When you sign up for emails, you get a monthly email with helpful info on car seats, strollers and other baby gear.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Emily 8.8.08
    Madeline 1.2.11
    William 8.5.12
  • I liked it and found it helpful.  I also supplemented with a lot of online research.  
  • I thought it was a really helpful - both for their reviews and as a starting point to wrap my head around all the things we needed to get.  But, I didn't rely on it solely - especially for the big stuff like car seats and strollers.  I searched the internet for other reviews before making our final selections. 
  • aeh72 said:
    I thought it was a really helpful - both for their reviews and as a starting point to wrap my head around all the things we needed to get.  But, I didn't rely on it solely - especially for the big stuff like car seats and strollers.  I searched the internet for other reviews before making our final selections. 
    This. Totally worth the few dollars
  • I thought it was worth every penny. :)
  • i found it useful! i bought it on amazon. lucieslist was also tremendously useful, and the recommendations of friends. 
  • Estwd2 said:

I thought it was really helpful.

me too

imageimagephoto proudEPer2.gif
          BFP #1: 7/18/12, M/C 8/6/12 @6weeks  Missing our April Angel
                                           Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • I actually despise it. I just feel like it's something written for profit, some manufacturers are buddies with the writer and the writer is older with no young children anymore. I prefer reviews from real people who are really using these products in everyday life now. When I choose things I like to read reviews, ask people I see with certain strollers how they like their stroller and talk to people like me in a similar situation as me. They writers of Baby Bargains are not very forthcoming about their method for testing and coming to the conclusions that they do in my opinion. I'm also a huge advocate for smaller stores. I think the knowledge and assistance you get there can't be compared to anything.
  • I actually despise it. I just feel like it's something written for profit, some manufacturers are buddies with the writer and the writer is older with no young children anymore. I prefer reviews from real people who are really using these products in everyday life now. When I choose things I like to read reviews, ask people I see with certain strollers how they like their stroller and talk to people like me in a similar situation as me. They writers of Baby Bargains are not very forthcoming about their method for testing and coming to the conclusions that they do in my opinion. I'm also a huge advocate for smaller stores. I think the knowledge and assistance you get there can't be compared to anything.
    Although I did like Baby Bargains, I couldn't agree with you more about smaller stores.  We have a small baby boutique where I live that gave us great advice about strollers, so we bought our stroller from them.  They sometimes can be more pricey than BRU or BBB, but the expertise they offer, IMO, is often worth the little bit more that you pay there.
  • It's ok but not great. Their recommendations (and CRs) for carseats are crappy for the most part.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"