May 2013 Moms
Options

Fabric Softener/Dryer Sheets

Anyone using them? I read to not use for newborns because their skin is sensitive. So I use the dryer balls and they are...meh....

We are out of town and LO LOVES the soft towels here after 'swimming'. So it got me thinking about dryer sheets.

When is it ok to use them?
photo siggy_zpsf288824b.jpg Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Fabric Softener/Dryer Sheets

• Options
    I've used fabric softener accidentally. Chalk it up to doing laundry half asleep :).

Not sure when its ok to use officially, but LO was fine. I know it has something to do with the fire retardant properties of the clothes.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    TTC #2:
    March - May 2014 - Natural cycles - no luck
    June 2014 - Clomid 50mg - BFN
    July 2014 - Clomid 50mg - BFN
    August 2014 - Clomid 50mg - BFN
    September 2014 - Clomid 50mg - Fingers crossed...

• Options
    I use BabyGanics dryer sheets that I got at BuyBuyBaby. They are non-toxic, hypo-allergenic and uses only natural plant based ingredients. I've used it since day 1 and haven't had a problem.

**DD1 - 7/9/98**

**DS - 11/9/00**

**DD2 - 4/30/13**

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Fire retardant?? I never knew that! Im also going to check out the Babyganics. I never heard of those either!
  • Options
    I've been using the bounce free & sensitive sheets since day 1 and haven't had any skin irritant issues.

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    BRU sells Bounce dryer sheets next to the Dreft. I believe it's fragrance free and something else that's ok for babies but I can't remember (I know, I'm super helpful... )
  • Options
    See if I got out of the house more instead of being an Amazon addict, I would know these other options! :D
  • Options
    ohgrl95 said:

Fire retardant?? I never knew that! Im also going to check out the Babyganics. I never heard of those either!

It actually breaks down flame retardants in all clothes... But let's be honest... I think it's one of those things that just add worry. I'm certainly not relying on a sleeper to keep LO safe and I grew up in a firefighters household!

TTC #2:
    March - May 2014 - Natural cycles - no luck
    June 2014 - Clomid 50mg - BFN
    July 2014 - Clomid 50mg - BFN
    August 2014 - Clomid 50mg - BFN
    September 2014 - Clomid 50mg - Fingers crossed...

• Options
    I've been using dryer sheets that are perfume and dye free since day one. Lo has never had a problem.
  • Options
    ohgrl95 said:

Anyone using them? I read to not use for newborns because their skin is sensitive. So I use the dryer balls and they are...meh....

We are out of town and LO LOVES the soft towels here after 'swimming'. So it got me thinking about dryer sheets.

When is it ok to use them?

First, that's such a cute pic! I haven't used softener or dryer sheets yet but if you'd like to try it I suggest the Bounce ones RoxZ mentioned, I've heard good things about it.

• Options
    I was careful with fabric softener but recently gave up and now wash lo's clothes with the regular laundry. I also started using regular tide again because clothes just weren't getting clean. He doesn't have sensitive skin.
  • Options
    We just use the bounce fragrance free ones. 
    Augustus David - Born 5/08/13

my read shelf:
    April's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • Options
    I don't use it on DS's clothes because of the waterproofing effect it has. I need his clothes to soak up the piles of spit up he generates, instead of having to clean it off the furniture, floors, toys...
    "Little seahorse/Floating on a primal tide/Quickening like a/Spark in a haystack side/I already love you/And I don't even know who you are" -Bruce Cockburn BabyFetus TickerLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers BOOKWORMS and BUTTERFLIES
  • Options

I use BabyGanics dryer sheets that I got at BuyBuyBaby. They are non-toxic, hypo-allergenic and uses only natural plant based ingredients. I've used it since day 1 and haven't had a problem.

I've heard bad reviews about Babyganics. I won't use their products.
    What have you heard about Babyganics?? I use some of their products....now I'm worried!!
  • Options
    I did not even know you weren't supposed to use fabric softener and or dryer sheets . I use both.. Gain detergent, downy fabric softener and Gain dryer sheets... Oops. Well she has never broken out so I guess I will continue to use it all. Should this be my FFFC?
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options

abstar24 said:

I've heard bad reviews about Babyganics. I won't use their products.
    What have you heard about Babyganics?? I use some of their products....now I'm worried!!
    Well, the bad reviews I read we're for the sunscreen- had some ingredients on the "bad" list. And one if those that if I read something negative about one product I'll stop using the whole line.

Yikes!! I'll have to look into that! I have their baby sunscreen, but I've only used it one time. Time to start googling :(

Thanks for the info!
  • Options
    I use the dryer sheets from The Honest Company. They are wet like a diaper wipe and you can use them two times. So far I am happy with them, as well as their detergent. Babies clothes are nice and soft. 

I was interested in trying the dryer balls...any thoughts???
  • Options

mommyTT said:
    I use the dryer sheets from The Honest Company. They are wet like a diaper wipe and you can use them two times. So far I am happy with them, as well as their detergent. Babies clothes are nice and soft. 

I was interested in trying the dryer balls...any thoughts???
    I really don't think the dryer balls make a difference that I can tell. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"