August 2012 Moms
Options

WTF age do sleep regressions stop?

Sleeping through the night has been great for the last month and a half. Until a week ago, and now she wakes up crying between one and four times a night. I know she's teething, but I also just googled it and there is a 13 month sleep regression. Is it mean to utilize CIO during these regressions and teething? Going in to soothe her/rock her makes it worse as she seems to wake more and then won't go back into her crib without screaming. Otherwise, she cries for 15-20 minutes and puts herself to sleep if we do CIO. I refuse to put her in bed with us, as we bedshared until almost 9 months and I couldn't wait to kick that habit to the curb. No way I'm starting that again.

Re: WTF age do sleep regressions stop?

• Options
    I've been CIO for every regression. I go in, put paci back in, fix blankie, and then leave. He calms down in about 10 minutes.
  • Options
    It lasts until it stops. I know that's a lame answer but it's what I got. C did great with just a few regressions. Then came the night terrors at 2 which only lasted a little bit. Ever since then it's been only due to illness or the random nightmare that she wakes at night.
    I was hoping O would be the same but he is proving to be way more high maintenance than his sister.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I don't think the regressions ever end. There is always something that happens: teething, growth spurts, illness, developmental leaps, etc. Something will inevitably cause your LO to wake at night. Think about it, do you always sleep all the way through the night or do you wake sometimes too? How you handle it is up to you. I still do CIO unless I hear him fussing and crying for longer than normal. At that point I know he needs something. For example, DH came home from work and accidentally woke DS this morning around 3:30. After half an hour, DS wasn't settling so I went in and have him a small bottle and some Motrin. He's teething and can normally make it through the night, unless he gets woken up. He realizes his gums hurt if he wakes up. After I fed him, he fell back asleep and slept till 8:30.
  • Options
    I don't think the regressions ever end. There is always something that happens: teething, growth spurts, illness, developmental leaps, etc. Something will inevitably cause your LO to wake at night. Think about it, do you always sleep all the way through the night or do you wake sometimes too? How you handle it is up to you. I still do CIO unless I hear him fussing and crying for longer than normal. At that point I know he needs something. For example, DH came home from work and accidentally woke DS this morning around 3:30. After half an hour, DS wasn't settling so I went in and have him a small bottle and some Motrin. He's teething and can normally make it through the night, unless he gets woken up. He realizes his gums hurt if he wakes up. After I fed him, he fell back asleep and slept till 8:30.
    I wouldn't call me waking during the night a sleep regression. I know everyone goes through cycles of sleep during the night. I classify regression as several nights in a row of multiple wakings where she doesn't easily put herself to sleep. That happen every month to month and a half. At some point, those will end. I don't include waking due to illness or nightmares in sleep regression.
  • Options
    We've been going through a wicked sleep regression - we're going on day 4. DS is 13 months and it's like the 4 month sleep regression all over again.

He's slept through the night since about 7 months and goes to sleep just fine, so I know it's not a sleep training issue. Last night, he was up at 8:30, 11, 11:30, midnight, 3 and then up for the day at 7.

I. Am. Dying.
  • Options
    We've been going through a wicked sleep regression - we're going on day 4. DS is 13 months and it's like the 4 month sleep regression all over again. He's slept through the night since about 7 months and goes to sleep just fine, so I know it's not a sleep training issue. Last night, he was up at 8:30, 11, 11:30, midnight, 3 and then up for the day at 7. I. Am. Dying.
    Exact same here. She is sleeping worse than she ever has.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"