Parenting
Options

I'm sad.

My team lost today.
My parents went on a ride to go buy a new lawnmower without me. I am alone and bored.
I hurt my leg doing something and every time I move it wrong it feels vaguely like a knife twisting inside my shin. It is not pleasant.
....I'm very bad at being alone, I think.

Although reading things I am clearly not the only one having a bad sunday and I have all the sorries for those of you with sick DHs or LOs.

Formerly known as KJLx121.

Re: I'm sad.

• Options
    It does seem like a lot of people are having a rough day. I don't care for being alone either. I tag along with my mom when she runs errands and stuff just to get outta the house. I love these boards because they help me socialize :)

Our Little Raspberry Born 3/27/12
  • Options
    virgin4lyfevirgin4lyfe member
    edited September 2013
    OM- I do that often, and I CANNOT HAVE THE ALCOHOL. Freaking American drinking ages *grumbles*
    @wiggyslilsis - I would normally go with them but my dad had to take the truck and only 2 seats versus 3 people so.

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I have found with having a kid I definitely appreciate any alone time I can get now! I normally try to get out of the house for her sake because spending every minute of every day with each other makes us a bit crabby with each other sometimes! I never really liked having the house to myself and now it happens so rarely I actually like it!

Our Little Raspberry Born 3/27/12
  • Options
    @molluskswrangler - 19. I do not have kidlets yet, actually.

• Options
    @MollusksWrangler it is my one true love. I will always be here for fangirling of the J2M variety.

• Options
    HAAHAHA No, Mackalien, I have the 7 year old tomorrow and I do not need two things of that nature to occupy my time.

Actually, I just have weird anxiety attacks when I'm alone without having prepared myself to be alone. I'm starting counseling in October. It's not particularly enjoyable however. Spending the night by myself right now is traumatizing. Strangely, it was not during college dorming.

Although I would love to babysit your kidlets for like half a day if you lived in NY. I'd be cool with that.

• Options
    What about, @ColeRose?

• Options
    These are the biggest FWPs ever.  

imageimage 

Unable to even.  

You don't understand the appeal of Benedict Cumberbatch / think he's fug / don't know who he is? WATCH SHERLOCK.  Until you do, your negative opinion of him will not be taken seriously.

• Options
    Whatevs, CG, I'm a spoiled entitled teenager of the me generation. ALL my problems are FWP don't you know.

• Options
    Yes.  

Yes you are.  

imageimage 

Unable to even.  

You don't understand the appeal of Benedict Cumberbatch / think he's fug / don't know who he is? WATCH SHERLOCK.  Until you do, your negative opinion of him will not be taken seriously.

• Options
    @Justaphase - I really pretty much do. I'm not gonna pretend I've never had a sip, but I can still count the number of drinks I have had in my life. So.
    @Mackalien - thank you. I just HATE when I'm alone and I haven't been able to prepare myself for it. It's a weird phenomenon. Also my puppy is a jerk and refuses to cuddle ever so he is not helpful to such anxieties.
    But today was better :)  I hope yours was too and you don't want to ship me the children today ;)

• Options
    Meeee too. I mean I'm generally pretty good at hiding the things under humor and witticisms of which I have plenty :P
    But it's been going on since high school and I really think I could have been a better student back then I had I been sleeping accurately and not dealing with what I thought was depression at the time. Also, 2.86 first college semester. It hurt.
    SO. Time for some changes.

• Options
    I also have digestive issues and no one has been able to come to a medical-type diagnosis about them, except now with the anxiety they're thinking it might be that which would be really freaking helpful because there's no other explanation really.
    But yeah. We'll see how this goes. I'll probably be back whining in October because the therapist will probably make me cry every session or I'll start freaking out about having to talk about my feelings (which we do not do in this family), BUT, positivity as of now.

• Options

If you get a good therapist, he or she will let you work through your feelings in a constructive way.  I'm not a crier, either.  My first therapy session I was an ugly-crying-sobbing-mess. 

imageimage 

Unable to even.  

• Options
    Ahahaha thanks, @HilarityEnsued. Yeah, it's definitely better than 14-18 was, at least. I wait with eagerness for 22 and above.

• Options
    Thanks @OM :)
    Like I said, if I'm prepared to be alone, it's fine. If I know in advance, no big deal, turn on Doctor Who and all is well with the world. But last time my parents took an anniversary trip and my friend was supposed to stay over. Her boyfriend's cousin was killed in a car accident the night before and she only was able to tell me that morning she wasn't going to be able to come. Called allll my other friends, no one. THAT really really sucked.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"