recommend your carrier

not sure what to get! 
imageimagephoto proudEPer2.gif
      BFP #1: 7/18/12, M/C 8/6/12 @6weeks  Missing our April Angel
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
                                       Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: recommend your carrier

• Options
    We have the Beco Soleil and absoloutly love it . I tried the ergo when my now 19 month old son was around 10 months and didn't like it at all. The straps always felt like they were going to fall off my shoulders . I love that the Beco allows you to cross the straps in the back. I have tiny shoulders so that may be why it felt that way. The Soleil is much like the ergo however in addition to being able to cross the straps it also has two toy loops and a little pocket on the waist band you can keep you phone or other things in so there handy . We purchased the infant insert and carry all bag which are options . The insert can be used to 15 lbs and the whole carrier goes to 45 lbs . The carry all bag is awesome it just snaps on to the carrier itself and can hold wipes , diapers and a change of clothes so you don't have to carry a bag around at places like the park . My daughter is just over 10 lbs and loves it ( i use it every single day) and my son who's 30 lbs really enjoys the back carry and I really enjoy it doesn't break my back and is super comfy . I also own a moby and even though I love it for NBs the wrap tends to sag the heavier the child gets and takes some time to get one so with four kids five and younger I needed something simpler and easier to get on. I have tried ring slings , the ergo , treditional carriers like the bejorn and wraps and this carrier by far is the most comfortable I have come acrossed .
  • Options
    Ciahanna said:
    We have an Ergo for DH to use and a K'tan for me. I can't comment on the K'tan because it hasn't come in yet, but the Ergo is seriously one of the best things we bought! DD quiets right down as soon as she's in it even if she's full throttle screaming. DH has even eaten dinner out with her in it because it kept her quiet. Oh and instead of the infant insert you can use a thin rolled up blanket under their butt.
    which ergo?
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @headgear03 do you know if theres a big difference between the beco soleil and gemini?
  • Options
    I have the Beco Gemini.  You can face baby out, face baby in, use on your back and do a side carry.  I believe with the Soleil you can't carry baby facing out.

I sold my Ergo after trying the Beco.  The Beco is so much easier to put on and you don't need an infant insert.
    Emily 8.8.08
    Madeline 1.2.11
    William 8.5.12
  • Options
    I love my Ergo, but I LOVE my ring sling. I use it every day. It's probably the one baby thing I'd grab in the event of a fire, I love it so much!

Anniversary g

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    The Gemini can face out , hip , back and traditional facing in . The Soleil can only face in , hip carry and back carry. The Soleil is bigger then the Gemini .
  • Options
    4.5 yds of your favorite fabric from the fabric store.  Nothing fancy.  We do have the ergo, but I find it too big and bulky for myself (works well for my husband, though)
  • Options
    Love my ktan, only downside is that DH can't use it. I just bought an ergo and so far I don't love it like I thought I would.

• Options
    Ciahanna said:
    @purplepeanut6 -We have the black/grey Performance Ergo. We found it at Buy Buy Baby
    that is the one i picked up today :) hopefully we like it!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"