Health & Exercise

questions about the tummy...

I just have a few questions... I am already a mom to two boys, 4 and 2. We just found out that I am pregnant again!!! I am very excited about it, but also scared because I haven't lost the weight I gained over the last 3 years.
This is my 3rd pregnancy, so I don't expect to look like those super models while I'm pregnant... but when i was pregnant with my boys i was tiny and my stomach was small. I am afraid that I will have a fat looking pregnant belly this time around. It may sound petty to most.. but it is bothering me.. I don't want to not be able get my body back after the baby is born.
Are there any exercises I can Do while pregnant to tighten things up a bit. or anything that has worked for any of you.
I also was thinking of doing yoga!
Any information is greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Answers

• I absolutely LOVE yoga.  There are so many benefits.  I honestly didn't do more than walk when I was pregnant because I was so sick and had sacrum pain.  I can tell you I lost it all and then some post pregnancy and I finally feel I am myself again.  Watch what you eat and be active even if its just walking.  It will help.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I'm going to write this but please take it with a grain of salt since I know nothing about you!! And morning sickness can be a beast.... But if you can invest time in your kitchen with healthy food prep and cut out sugar for a month, it's crazy what a strict diet can do!! I know you have kids and are busy, but seriously, it's nuts how a super über clean diet can trim off the excess! Have you ever tried Paleo? Hard while pregnant, but getting close to it is worth it.
  • Loading the player...
  • Find out what forms of exercise you are cleared to do from your doctor first, then I recommend walking, yoga, swimming, and light weight resistance training.  Depending on your fitness level and current exercise regimen, you may be able to do more.
  • Like PP said- once you talk to doc and are able to do so- swimming, yoga, long walks, hiking- a little bit everyday/every other day.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"