Dads & Dads-to-be

Introducing Myself (Because some people say I need to in order to be welcomed)

edited September 2013 in Dads & Dads-to-be
I was informed that in order to NOT be shunned and ridiculed on this board, I should introduce myself.

I have been married for a little over 5 years to a beautiful and talented woman.
I have two girls.  One is a little under 3, and the other is about 6 months.
I have a dog and a cat (they get along great) and are both about 5 years old.
My interests are computers, photography, programming, zombies, poker, and most things nerdy.
Probably my favorite movie to date is Paul.
My favorite TV series to date is The Big Bang Theory
My favorite book series is Zombie Fallout
A hot button for me are people that are rude or mean (I will call them the bullies they are) or people that end a sentence with 'just saying'.
I do not understand how people can drink beer or coffee....but I say if they can handle the taste, more power to them.
I enjoy walks
I sleep on my stomach most nights
My wife tells me I snore
I am in my lower thirties
My knees are starting to hurt depending on the amount of activity and the weather
I usually skip breakfast (unless you count my morning Diet Mt. Dew)

Hopefully this is enough information to appease the handful of people on this board that act like they currently have ownership.

Re: Introducing Myself (Because some people say I need to in order to be welcomed)

• Welcome man

I never drank coffee until I had a kid.
    I wish I had friends interested in Poker.
    My knees hurt too.
    Us Cohens love Bagels.

Nobody acts like they own the dad board. It's time to move on bro.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Nice to have you here, just sayin

• Loading the player...
  • Aren't you a peach.

:D

I've always wanted to use that line.

• The Dad's board tends to be more laid back then the other boards especially TTC and after a loss can be very intense.

The birth month boards when joined during the pregnancy stage can become a tight knit community.  MW has joined our LO's birth money Facebook page.  I leave that Facebook page alone and allow the moms to have their space.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• I've been a member of numerous forums. Ass hattery always gets retaliated upon with more ass hattery.
  • Coffee and beer are both incredibly useful. I can't drink coffee black though. Need cream, learned to cut out sugar.

Fuck knees. Mine aren't bad compared to my friends my age, but I still hate how hard it is to jump up and down with my son compared to what it was. A bit jealous of guys who have kids in their 20s and can still be crazy.
    https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BhqjipgCIAAOz7H.jpg
    -My son was born in April 2012. He pretty much rules.
  • Diet Mt. Dew is nasty, sorry. I guess at least is has caffeine?
  • vasbytstervasbytster member
    edited September 2013
  • Welcome and Congrats DJohnson!

This is exciting to be a first time dad. Nerve wrecking but special.
  • Not sure how old the new dads are, but if you want exciting but nerve racking try having your first when you turn 40.  The nice thing is that all I have to do is remember my age and subtract 40 or remember my son's age and add 40 to know how old we are.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• jack19 said:

Hopefully this is enough information to appease the handful of people on this board that act like they currently have ownership.

its more of a timeshare...
    I think of it more as a rental with absentee landlords.

Or perhaps a bunch of squatters.

https://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2013/01/10/article-2260035-16D90E5D000005DC-733_634x475_popup.jpg
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"