9 Weeks Pregnant

Anyone having cravings yet?

Just out of curiosity! I can not eat enough carrots and dip... yummm! And Spaghettios! Which I generally hate when not pregnant. I swear this baby is going to come out orange! haha!
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFetus Ticker

Re: Anyone having cravings yet?

• oh yea!  Salads and mac n cheese :)

Not to scare you about the carrots but be careful.  Carrots have vitamin A in them and too much vitamin A can cause deformities in babies.  Just read about it.

• Random for pregnancy, but bread. Lots of bread. And green tea. I am drinking more of that then anything, when I can keep food down that is xD

I also can not get enough gummy bears, which I normally wouldn't eat very much at all if I wasn't preggers. It is weird. But, I have lost around 12 pounds since I found out, and I know it will come right back on soon, since my pants are already tighter, and my boobs are half a cup bigger. :/ 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • nj001nj001 member
    imageramans31:

oh yea!  Salads and mac n cheese :)

Not to scare you about the carrots but be careful.  Carrots have vitamin A in them and too much vitamin A can cause deformities in babies.  Just read about it.

Vitamin A from beta carotene is completely safe in as large a dose as you want. It's the other kind of vitamin A that you need to be careful about (meat/supplements).  You can eat carrots to your heart's desire!

• Carrots and ranch, strawberries, and lots and lots of water!!
  • I am having fruit and vegetable cravings. I am really having more of aversions than anything. I can't seam to eat any meat.
  • I want any sandwich with lunch meat. Probably because I am too scared to eat it. But it's always the first thing to pop up in my mind.

SK
  • I'm having bookoo pesto and spinach cravings! I normally would never eat so much spinach :P
  • OBGYN says as long as I heat my lunch meat to steaming in the microwave it is safe bc the heat kills any bacteria that may be on it

• I have been craving dill pickles and chinese food! I can't get enough fried rice! I haven't felt like eating alot of meat, and haven't been craving sweets either, which is very different for me, since I usually have a sweet tooth! Smile

• Same here. I have a HUGE sweet tooth and would regularly bake three or four times a week. Since I am 10 weeks now I have zero taste for sweet things. All I want is Mexican food. And I do NOT love Mexican food. My husband is loving it though since he LOVES it. Win for him. I think it's a good trade for him with my mood swings!
  • This is me too! Fiance tried telling me no to Chinese last night. Prolly the last time he will try to tell me no to food. Haha. And can't get enough pickles! I could eat a jar by myself if I didn't pay attention.
  • The weird thing for me is that I am 9 weeks, and I am not necessarily nauseous, but I don't have an appetite, either. Some things sound good on one day, but then I can't stand the thought of them the next day. I made a family favorite, enchilada dip, on New Year's Eve and ate it like mad one day, but have not been able to touch it for almost 3 days. I also could not stand looking at/smelling ground beef for my husband's sloppy joes last night.  I think I have actually lost weight, I have to force myself to eat something during the day. Is this normal?
  • I keep thinking of deli sandwiches too : also weird but I keep eating carrots! The thought of Chinese food makes me nauseous and I usually LOVE it.

I'm feeling overwhelmed about what I'm not supposed to eat.. I feel like my Doc should have given me a pamphlet or something. Instead I find myself googling what I shouldn't and overwhelmed about all of the contradiction.
  • I'm not sure this is a craving, but since I feel nauseous all the time, I really want dry foods, like bread, and Taco Bell chicken quesadillas!  that crispy tortilla...mhmm!
  • Bagels, grapes and cheese are pretty much all I want to eat this week.  Pizza sounds terrible to me right now.... and it is usually my favorite food. 

• Yesterday, I had a craving for a big juicy cheeseburger, and not like a McDonald's burger. I also crave fruit, melon to be specific. I think I have eaten more melong since being pregnant than I have in most of my life combined. y sweet tooth has died away too which for me, is a good thing.

• It is normal. I just hit 9 weeks today and I have actually lost 12 lbs. since fnding out that I'm pregnant. My doctor is not worried in the least and I trust him completely. I still eat when I feel like it (which isn't as often as I probably should), and it's not always healthy.
  • That is me exactly. I can't look at raw meat, especially beef. I don't have cravings more like aversions. Nothing sounds good and I have to make myself eat. No appetite. This should change in the second trimester hopefully.
  • Im craving salads and apple juice lol
  • I've been having some weird cravings for chinese fried rice with that red sauce on top, apples, and raspberries.

I totally agree with the raw meat aversions.  Just the idea makes me lose my appetite.

I'm constantly thirsty, especially in the night.  I wake up with a dry mouth and feel like I've been walking in the desert.
  • I have been wanting Wendy's hamburgers and ice tea like crazy.  Also, French fries....oh man...can't get enough of those.

imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"