May 2012 Moms
Options

So angry! Vent!

I thought that after 15 months there would be some basic things DH would know you have to do when you get up with DD in the morning... Like change her diaper! We agreed that Saturdays would be his sleep in day and Sunday would be mine. He got up with her but he just plunked her in front of the tv and went back to sleep. He didn't feed her or change her diaper. He brought her to me at 8:30 to nurse and when I pointed out the diaper he said he would do it after she nursed. Then he went back to sleep. Yesterday he got to sleep until 9 and then he went back to sleep while DD and I did some running around until 11. All I wanted was to be able to go take a shower after she was done nursing but since he went back to sleep I have to wait. Am I being unreasonable? Feed her and change her diaper! Actually stay awake while you are watching her! And if he can go back to sleep for 2 hours why can't I have an effin' shower?!

Re: So angry! Vent!

• Options
    Definitley not unreasonable. I would be really mad too. You should wake him up, enjoy your long shower, and go out and get a cup of coffee by yourself.
  • Options
    I'd love to but the reason I wanted a shower is because I have a sink full of dishes and 4 loads of laundry to do and his parents are coming over at some point this morning. Since they never give an actual time I will only have 30 minutes from the time they call :( Even if I did go out all that crap would still be waiting for me...
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    No I get frustrated to but sleeping in doesn't happen for any one here 7 am is sleeping in! But dh would never sleep till 11 he'd say the day was wasted. I do have to ask him to change diapers but he helps with laundry and dishes if I ask too.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Untitled
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"