Two Under 2
Options

Diono Radian?(Sunshine Radian)

So I believe these car seats changed names but they're the same thing. We're expecting baby 3 and don't really want to upgrade our SUV. We have a santa fe which is mid size and should fit these car seats 3 across. Does anyone have these car seats? Are you happy with them? Do you have 3 across and how well does it fit?

We will likely keep DS1 in a 5 point harness type seat for another 2-3 years as he is small for his age and I just feel more comfortable with him in it. The biggest down side I can see right now is not being able to have an infant car seat to get the baby in and out easily but I barely even used one with DS2 so I'm really not that worried. I plan to baby wear anyways.
Logan - 11/09, Lander 08/11, Baby #3 ~It's a girl!!~ EDD: 04/10/14

Re: Diono Radian?(Sunshine Radian)

• Options
    moonfaeriemoonfaerie member
    edited August 2013

We have these car seats and three of them fit in our Nissan Sentra. Two Radians fit with our infant car seat (Baby Trend) as well. I imagine you could easily fit two Radians and an infant seat in a Santa Fe.

The seats are fine, the kids fit fine in them and I like that the back is high for FF purposes. They're a pain to RF in a small car, though. There's a separate wedge you can buy to RF but we just use them as FF seats. My biggest complaint is that they weigh a lot and are annoying to transfer from one car to another. We don't move them often though so it's not that bad for us.

• Options
    Thank you so much for your response! I really didn't think we could fit an infant seat in with them but that would be great if it did fit.

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I have a Santa Fe and I can do a Safety 1st onBoard 35 Air in the middle next to the large Complete Air 65 on the Passenger Side, so you will be great with the Radian. :)  The onBoard 35 Air is more rectangular than most other seats so it is a thinner fit. It also has lock offs so it's easy to install with a seat belt. :) If you are forward facing the older LO you might want to look at the Harmony Defender....it looks a lot like the Radian but is less money. I think you will have no problem doing 3 across, esp with the Radian.
    TTC January 2010
    BFP #1 10-11-10 ectopic discovered 10-22-10, 10-23-10 methotrexate & emergency surgery, lost right tube BFP #2 12-1-10 Found to be tissue dropped from salingectomy or missed heterotopic pregnancy from BFP #1 BFP #3 1-30-11 DS arrived on due date 10-10-11 BFP #4 Surprise 9-3-12 EDD 5-9-13 DS2 arrived 5-5-13 BFP #5 5-14-14 Emergency D&C 6-16-14 9 weeks
  • Options
    We have 2 Radians FF and and a graco snugride RF in our Honda CRV.  We used the seatbelts to install the outside seats (one radian and the infant seat) and the middle (the other radian) is with latch.  You should be fine with them in your Santa Fe!
    TTC#1 = Success on Cycle#19 with Clomid/trigger/b2b IUIs; beta#1 (15dpiui) 200, #2 (18dpiui) 433, #3 (22dpiui) 2356; TTC#2 = Surprise BFP 9/2009; TTC#3 = m/c at 6 wks, 10/29/11; BFP#2 4/1/2012... Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Thanks for all the input ladies!

• Options
    We just became 3 u 3 and I am w/you.. buying new seats is much smarter than a new car!!

Shopping online today to buy them :)  I came home and tried to get the infant car seat in between the 2 Recaros we love... it ain't happenin'!  (We drive a Volvo S80/largest Volvo sedan so we have a decent sized backseat).
    image Best friends and sisters... 24 months and 16 months
  • Options
    Just a heads up on that seat...right now on Amazon if you have Amazon Mom, you can get it 20% and it's already marked down to $269.99.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"