Dads & Dads-to-be
Options

Ultrasounds, Placenta placement, gender prediction OH MY!

Okay, so I was reading up on some things yesterday because wifey piqued my curiosity when she felt a light push on her left side and said "I guess that's where the baby implanted and is growing."  She's always had this hyper awareness concerning her body so I hopped onto google and started browsing.  I found some forums talking about how placement of the placenta can determine the sex (left = girl, right = boy).  I was thinking that the side the egg implanted on was just at random, not determined by the genetic code of the blastocyst.  Also heard that peeing on baking soda could determine sex (if it fizzes, its a boy, if not its a girl).  Also, another OWT is that if you are not so sick its a boy, but if you are very sick (morning sickness) then it's a girl.  

Any insight on these theories fellas?  If you have ultrasound pics of your boys do you remember if they were on the left or right of the uterus?  experiences with morning sickness?

Discuss.  aaannnnd GO!
Salem Rowan Theoden born a healthy Beltane Baby!  May 1st
8lbs 6.5oz and 21in long

Re: Ultrasounds, Placenta placement, gender prediction OH MY!

• Options
    Think we're gonna pass on saving and/or eating the placenta but I agree, I think there should be more controlled studies to get to the bottom of it.  As a person who graduated with a BS in Psychology...I was reading the studies for the placenta placement and wasn't quite convinced with the numbers.  I've seen a lot of people saying that they had boys placed on the left side so who the hell knows lol
    8lbs 6.5oz and 21in long
  • Options
    Wifey is convinced we're having a boy.  So maybe her mother intuition trumps all of it?  I've heard the chinese gender chart is pretty accurate too, says we're having a boy.  Fingers crossed :)
    8lbs 6.5oz and 21in long
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    okay so the morning sickness bit is out!  Score points for the gender chart!
    8lbs 6.5oz and 21in long
  • Options
    According to the chart it's over 90% accurate -shrugs-  Do any of you remember the side the placenta was attached to for your little ones?
    8lbs 6.5oz and 21in long
  • Options
    Ultrasounds are flipped though, like a mirror image type deal.  It's all so confusing lol
    8lbs 6.5oz and 21in long
  • Options
    I think implantation is probably more determined by which ovary released the egg, but I'm just guessing.  I do not remember which side either of my sons were implanted on.

The morning sickness thing is a complete load of BS.  My wife wasn't bad on our first son at all, second son the morning sickness was much worse (but then again, could have had to do with her gall bladder since right around 20 weeks we found out it was full of stones and is getting removed in a few weeks).

Women's/mother's intuition didn't hold up for my wife either... she was certain the 1st one was a girl, so much so that when they said boy she said "DAMN!" aloud because she hates being wrong.

Chinese gender thing is tricky, you can find 3 or 4 different versions floating around out there.  The one we found was correct with son #1, wrong on son #2.
  • Options
    @Coltsdad, that is what I thought too!  I figured whatever ovary released the egg affected where it implanted.  

I figured the morning sickness bit was bullshit.  LOL

As far as Mother's Intuition, we'll see how that goes.  Wifey is pretty accurate when it comes to intuitive stuffs.  I really don't care what the sex of the baby is though, as long as he or she is healthy.

The Chinese Gender chart has given me boy every time (across different versions).  Hoping they are correct.
    8lbs 6.5oz and 21in long
  • Options
    My wife had bad morning sickness her first trimester but hates throwing up so she did everything possible to keep it in check.  I don't remember anything about placement etc of our son.  The Chinese chart did predict a boy for us.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"