April 2014 Moms

Worried About Missed Miscarriage

I know Its normal for symptoms to come and go, but in week 6 & 7 I felt so sick, I was taking Zofran religiously (every 8 hours). My boobs were also so painful. I'm now in week 8 and I don't really feel pregnant. Nausea went away, boobs not sore, and last night I stayed up to 11 and wasn't even tired. I am terrified because from the previous missed miscarriages I've seen on this board (in signatures, etc) it seems the babies stop growing/die in week 8. Is this something I should call my doctor about, or am I just being overly anxious? My next appointment is at 10 weeks (I'm currently 8w3d).
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker

Re: Worried About Missed Miscarriage

• I'd call just to put my mind at ease. My missed mc was at 5wks, knew at 11wks. There's no magic number. Best to call and get some advice, chances are you're just on the upswing, all pregnancies and symptoms are different :) hang in there!
  • I wouldn't call your dr. unless you start bleeding or cramping. Waiting sucks, but we don't have any control over a missed mc. If it is going to happen, it is going to happen. :( That being said, you more than likely are fine. I get high anxiety about it too. It helps if I work on a project or stay productive.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • I would call my doctor or just go at a random doctor I can reach immediately.
    I hope everything is fine!
    BabyFruit Ticker

imageimageimage
    Baby# 1 - gone at 6 weeks - Oct 2009
    Baby# 2 ( beloved girl Maria) -stillbirth at 31 weeks - Apr 2013
    Baby# 3 EDD April 2014 - Hope it`s our take home baby

*sorry for grammar mistakes, I learned english pretty much by myself.

• I also have very mild symptoms and was worried about a missed miscarriage for awhile, but after some doctor's appointments everything is still fine with me. Chances are you have a couple symptoms that aren't as noticeable (are you moody or anything?) but if not, it doesn't mean that things aren't necessarily okay with your baby. Some people with missed miscarriages still experience pregnancy symptoms for a long time afterward, so they would never have known. Everyone is different, you might just be one of the lucky ones that doesn't have to deal with the morning sickness hell. :)
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Started dating February 6, 2012
    Married June 28, 2013
    BFP August 9, 2013
    Had our first baby, Samuel Robert, on April 17, 2014!

• Symptoms come and go.  It's a normal part of pregnancy.  You can call your doctor if you want, but likely there isn't going to be much they can do for you except try and reassure you.  Have you had an u/s yet?  If you have, and you've seen the heartbeat, your chances of a m/c are very low at this point.

Although this board can be a great place to meet other moms due in April, at times it can be overwhelming with information (both good and bad).  You mind find stepping back for a week or two helps ease your mind.

We did see a heartbeat at week 6.. But I know that's not always a sign that things will go perfect! Thanks ladies.. If I'm still feeling no symptoms tomorrow morning I may just call.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • You are probably fine. I had a miscarriage back in april, I continued to have symptoms unitl a few days after my D&C....symptoms fading dont really indicate a miscarriage,  cramping and bleeding do. I was really sick during week 6 and 7 too, I'm 9 weeks now and feeling better, its normal for this to happen.
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickers
                                ~Missed MC at 8 weeks. D&C at 12 weeks on 4/17/13~ 
       Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • This thought goes through my mind too. I never heard about it until here, and I just found out the other day it happened to my cousin. I thought it was very rare but I feel like I hear too many stories. I have had very light symptoms from the beginning & never got hit with ms. We heard a very healthy heartbeat on 8/28 & that eased my worries for awhile....now they are coming back. I know there is nothing I can do & I keep telling myself to stop worrying, but its hard.
    Lilypie - Eu0n
    BFP: 12/3/15     EDD: 8/11/16     IT'S A BOY!!!
    MAXIMUS POWERS   8♥5♥16

Lilypie - pXE7
    BFP: 8/5/13      EDD: 4/13/14     IT'S A GIRL!!!      
    AYLA BLAIR   3♥27♥14

• thomas930 said:
    You are probably fine. I had a miscarriage back in april, I continued to have symptoms unitl a few days after my D&C....symptoms fading dont really indicate a miscarriage,  cramping and bleeding do. I was really sick during week 6 and 7 too, I'm 9 weeks now and feeling better, its normal for this to happen.

Thanks for the input, I'm so sorry for your previous loss :(

Pregnancy Ticker
  • I think we are all worried about m/ mc. All you can do it wait. Symptoms come and go and that's normal.

imageimageimage
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • porterlove525porterlove525 member
    edited September 2013
    I'm sorry that you are stressing, but I agree with PP's in that I think calling the doctor over a loss of symptoms may be a bit much. Symptoms come and go and that is completely normal.

A missed miscarriage is called missed because your body doesn't know/realize the baby stopped growing. And it doesn't just happen at 8 weeks. A mc can happen at any point up to 24 weeks.

I had a missed mc in April with my second pregnancy. My baby had a good heartbeat at 6 weeks and 8 weeks and died just before 10w. I found out when I went for my scan a week later. I was nauseous, my boobs were killing, exhausted, etc until 3 weeks after my D&C. It wasnt until then that my symptoms started to finally fade. As any women who has experienced a missed mc will tell you symptoms mean nothing.

Try and relax, I know it's hard, but if you've made it this far with a good heartbeat and no issues, the odds are in your favor that your baby is fine.

Edit: TB ate the rest of my post

BFP #1 11/19/12  EDD: 7/25/13  Natural MC on 12/31/12 at 10w4d

BFP#2 3/1/13   EDD: 11/5/13   Missed MC 4/9/13 at 10w   D&C 4/11/13  
    Baby #2 diagnosed with Trisomy 16. Diagnosed Hetero MTHFR.

BFP#3 8/5/13   EDD: 4/13/14   Team Green Turned Team Blue! Our rainbow baby, Griffin R arrived via c-section (breech since 20w) on 4/11/14. 

.image            

~~Everyone Always Welcome~~

• I'm sorry that you are stressing, but I agree with PP's in that I think calling the doctor over a loss of symptoms may be a bit much. Symptoms come and go and that is completely normal. A missed miscarriage is called missed because your body doesn't know/realize the baby stopped growing. And it doesn't just happen at 8 weeks. A mc can happen at any point up to 24 weeks. I had a missed mc in April with my second pregnancy. My baby had a good heartbeat at 6 weeks and 8 weeks and died just before 10w. I found out when I went for my scan a week later. I was nauseous, my boobs were killing, exhausted, etc until 3 weeks after my D&C. It wasnt until then that my symptoms started to finally fade. As any women who has experienced a missed mc will tell you symptoms mean nothing. Try and relax, I know it's hard, but if you've made it this far with a good heartbeat and no issues, the odds are in your favor that your baby is fine. Edit: TB ate the rest of my post

Thank you so much for the input, I really appreciate hearing from those who have been through it. I'll be honest.. I realized one reason it's been bothering me is because my mom has been pressuring me to tell my grandparents and brothers. She said she cannot keep the secret and we just need to tell them. I finally told her that I just don't feel comfortable. (She then said, but wouldn't you tell them about a miscarriage?? And I said no!) I just need to stand firm with her even if she is upset with me. I'm obviously so scared to lose this baby, but I realized dealing with her pressuring me about telling my family too early is stressing me out too.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • SerenlaSerenla member
    edited September 2013
    It is your news to tell when you feel comfortable, my own Mother pressured me to let her tell the rest of the family before we found out about our MMC. My MIL didn't even ask, she just told her family and friends w/o asking us. Just stand firm and let her know, if she brings it up again, that it isn't time yet.

Eta, I forgot to add that because of their past actions my MIL and FIL do not know that we are expecting now.

mean_girls_35345Image and video hosting by TinyPic         PAL Sep challenge George Takei image
    Started dating in 5/9/05, Married 6/25/11
    Started TTC Feb 2013, BFP #1 3/4/13 EDD 11/10/13. MMC 4/9/13 D&C 4/22/13.
    BFP #2 7/17/13, EDD 3/29/14 ended in a CP on 7/22/13.
    BFP#3 8/19/13 EDD 5/3/14 Nerdling was born 4/29/14, welcome little one!
     All AL welcome.

image   Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • If it helps, I read somewhere last week that the chances of miscarry ing after seeing a heartbeat are less than 1%!
  • porterlove525porterlove525 member
    edited September 2013
    @cd92007, Serenla is right, you have to stand firm and tell people when you are ready/comfortable. It's your news to share, not theirs.

Having to tell people you've lost your baby, especially if most of them have never experienced a loss, is very difficult. After 2 losses, I am so tired of hearing everyone tell me it was going to be ok, that my losses happened for a reason, that the babies weren't meant to be and that we'd get pregnant again and the baby we give birth to will mean more to us than our losses ever would (You'd be amazed at the things people say to a women who has lost a child). People should understand if you want to wait to announce and shouldn't force it.

So this pregnancy, we have told no one except my Crossfit coaches because they have to know. And I do not plan to tell anyone until we're past the NT scan and things look good. And at that we're only telling close friends and family.

Edit: wording

BFP #1 11/19/12  EDD: 7/25/13  Natural MC on 12/31/12 at 10w4d

BFP#2 3/1/13   EDD: 11/5/13   Missed MC 4/9/13 at 10w   D&C 4/11/13  
    Baby #2 diagnosed with Trisomy 16. Diagnosed Hetero MTHFR.

BFP#3 8/5/13   EDD: 4/13/14   Team Green Turned Team Blue! Our rainbow baby, Griffin R arrived via c-section (breech since 20w) on 4/11/14. 

.image            

~~Everyone Always Welcome~~

• Serenla said:
    It is your news to tell when you feel comfortable, my own Mother pressured me to let her tell the rest of the family before we found out about our MMC. My MIL didn't even ask, she just told her family and friends w/o asking us. Just stand firm and let her know, if she brings it up again, that it isn't time yet.

Eta, I forgot to add that because of their past actions my MIL and FIL do not know that we are expecting now.

Yes, I've realized if god forbid something happens, next pregnancy will not be shared with them until 12 weeks!!

Pregnancy Ticker
  • I'm so sorry you're feeling this way. In April, I found out I had a mmc at 8.5 weeks. There was no heartbeat and the doctor thinks the baby stopped growing at 7.5. If I were honest with myself, although I did feel some symptoms, they mostly stopped before I found out I lost the baby. I also had no idea that there was such a thing as mmc.
    I know that symptoms can come and go but needed to hear from my doctor. One of my biggest pet peeves is when someone says "consider yourself lucky that you're not sick!" For someone whose had a mmc, that's no comfort. I can't help but equate ms with a healthy pregnancy. This time, I felt nauseaus until around week 9, then it tapered off. I'm almost 11 weeks and I'm still scared. I take an inventory of symptoms each day.
    I think you should call your doctor any time you have a concern. My office has a triage nurse just for that purpose. It won't change anything but may give you peace of mind! Good luck!
  • I do not think you should call your doctor unless you are bleeding and/or serious cramping.  Symptoms come and go and there is nothing your doctor can tell you over the phone without examining you. Waiting sucks and unfortunately we are all fearful but that is (part of) why the first trimester is so hard.

Having had 2 miscarriages yes I'm scared and I'm in the same boat that almost all of my symptoms seem to have disappeared at week 8 (weird? blessed? scared? who knows).  But please remember that your symptoms are caused by the hormones in your body increasing and being at such high levels (that our bodies are not used to).  Even if you did have a mmc your hormone levels are still there (until you have completely m/c or had a d&c and even then it can take weeks/months for your hormones to reach <5 again).  So try and feel blessed that your symptoms are mild right now?  There's no saying that in an hour from now you won't be sick as a dog :)  

So I would focus on the positives:
    -Today you are pregnant &
    -You have already seen a strong heart beat 

When I'm feeling down I will take to pinterest and read through the quotes.  I created an inspirational quotes board and will read through them when I'm feeling down.  Good luck.
    Married the love of my life June 18, 2011 -- Me (28) DH (29)
    TTC #1 since June 2012
    BFP #1 6.29.12 EDD 3.12.13 MMC discovered 8.11.12 9w5d D&C 8.15.12
    BFP #2 11.2.12 EDD 7.14.13 MMC 6w5d discovered 8w6d 2 failed rounds miso D&C 12.27.12
    BFP #3 8.5.13 EDD 4.18.14 MMC 7w4d discovered 9.25.13 at 10w6d -Trisomy 13- 1 round miso & emergency D&C 10.2.13
    RPL Testing. DX Asherman's November 2013. Low AMH (0.44) January 2014. 
    Operative Hysteroscopy January 2014 to remove scar tissue.
    BFP#4 6.18.14 EDD 3.3.15 Team Pink
    --AL always welcome--
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"