Health & Exercise

Moms who work out during the day - scheduling question, kinda long...

Hi! I haven't posted on here since I was pregnant haha, but I am trying to come up with a daily routine and need some perspective... I signed up for a gym that has a daycare a few months ago. I have absolutely loved getting on the treadmill to run and i LOVE going to classes.That being said, I am seriously Type A and need a consistent schedule. Scheduling blocks of time to workout is not a big deal, but since most of the classes that I like the most are mid-morning, I don't really know when to shower and get dressed. That may sound silly, but I used to be dressed before DS woke up, because it was just easier and I feel really unproductive if I'm not "ready" right off the bat....but now I'm so sweaty after working out that it just feels pointless. But if I wait till after I workout, I"m not ready until noon which takes away so much of my playtime /going out time with DS. (He naps from 2-5 so mornings are prime play/errand time.) I guess my question is, how do you schedule this into your day? It's seriously frustrating me and starting to discourage my motivation to workout. Should I just figure out a different time to go? Deal with being smelly? ;) I spend and anywhere between 45 minutes to and hour and a half at the gym, depending on the day. 4 days a week. Just FYI. Thanks for your help!

Son 4/27/12, Son 10/15/14, Daughter 9/29/16....Baby #4 due 10/09/19!  Apparently we get really bored in January ;)

Re: Moms who work out during the day - scheduling question, kinda long...

• How long does it take you to shower/dress?  I can seriously do both (and daytime makeup) in less than 10 minutes.  I haven't always been this fast, but once I had DS#1, that was all the time I was willing to budget to primping.  I am like you, though, and I feel kind of blah before I shower, but I've had to get over that since DS#2 was born.  When it was just DS#1, I could run, shower, etc. first thing in the morning and be ready for the day, but so far I can't manage to do that with the two of them.  So I just put my running clothes on in the morning, wash my face, and go about my day until I get a chance to run and then I see how fast I can shower, etc.

I would never spend my time showering in the early morning if I knew I was going to be working out later though because I absolutely have to shower after running.
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I always showered during nap time but if it bothers you to stay stinky, just shower at the gym. I really don't think this needs to be a big deal
  • Loading the player...
  • This is why I like working out late afternoon/early evening.  I know I can just go home smelly and sweating, eat some dinner, then shower for bed.  I would go crazy too if I wasn't cleaned up until noon.  For me I need to wash my hair and get my make up on to feel awake and ready for the day.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Two showers a day is the norm for me.  I have to have one when I get up in the morning (my morning routine)...sometimes I will have gotten an early morning workout in pre-shower, sometimes not.  Chances are I will have either gotten a lunch time workout in or right after work, making a second (quick wash the sweat off) shower necessary. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Thanks guys!! This is really helpful! It's just one of those things you never think about until it becomes part of your life, I guess. I wish that they had classes I liked later in the evening! At this rate, I think I might do what a pp said, which would be to dress to my workout clothes, then shower after. At least then I won't be hanging around in my pj's. thanks again!!

Son 4/27/12, Son 10/15/14, Daughter 9/29/16....Baby #4 due 10/09/19!  Apparently we get really bored in January ;)
  • I drop DS1 off at school then head to the gym for about an hour.  I don't normally leave there until 10:00 then drive home and shower/dress.  I'm not much of an "out and about" person, I prefer to hang out at home anyway, so I don't care if I'm not "read" until a certain time as long as I'm ready to pick DS1 up from school at 3:15.

GSx1 - 05/13/2013
    GSx2 for T&B - EDD 6/21/2015 - They're having a GIRL!

babybaby
    BabyGaga
  • it's a little gross but I have to wait to shower till nap time. it's unfortunate but worth it to get a workout in
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"