Food Allergy
Options

Eczema

Has anybody had any luck with clearing up baby eczema with diet elimination? I have eliminated all diary now for about 2.5 months and have not really noticed a difference. DD had her 4 mo check up today and the pedi said that I should try soy and gluten next to see if it helps. I use Babyganics soap, Burts bees lotion, and California Baby Eczema cream.

If you have any success with food causing the eczema, what food was causing the eczema? I know all babies are different but just wondering if anybody noticed a food allergy causing it.

Thanks!!

Re: Eczema

• Options
    Yes! DS had really bad eczema. I cut out all dairy. I started noticing a difference within a week. It was mostly all cleared up in a month. Fortunately, that's all it took (and using hydrocortisone cream).

I would definitely continue eliminating common triggers until you find the one(s) that are to blame. GL! But do them one at a time so you know what works and what doesn't.
    Gabriel 09-11-2012 No dairy, egg, peanuts, tree nuts
    DSC_0803
    DH deployed since July 22
  • Options
    DD2 developed eczema after I was already dairy and soy free. (She is MSPI). So I knew those weren't the culprits of her eczema. I decided to also cut nuts out of my diet, and her skin was clear a week later. She's been tested for allergies, and sure enough, she's allergic to peanuts and tree nuts.

I hope you are able to determine the cause for your LO! A lot of babies who have problems with dairy, also have problems with soy. If it were me, I'd cut soy next. That may include discontinuing use of Burt's Bees. Their shampoo contains soy protein, I don't know about the lotion. We use Earth Mama Angel Baby shampoo/body wash and Vanicream lotion.

I wouldn't eliminate soy and gluten at the same time. I'd do one thing at a time, so it's easier to pinpoint the cause. Good luck!
    someecardscom - Im well on my way to getting absolutely nothing done today
    DD1: allergic to eggs & dairy Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    c/p 4/1/11

DD2: milk and soy protein intolerant, allergic to eggs, soy, peanuts, tree nuts, sesame, bananasBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    MSPI Moms Check-In Blog
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Thanks for the replies everyone!!
  • Options
    Check your Burt's bees! The wash has a milk ingredient!! Can't remember the name, but it's lacto-something!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I have to say my little one has pretty bad eczema and my elimination diet did not help :( . I eliminated dairy, soy, wheat and all nuts and it didn't help.  I really thought it would but it just didn't.  By the way we did allergy testing and that's why I choose those foods.  Hopefully it helps for your little one! 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Our son's eczema was egg-related.  As soon as we figured that out through allergy testing (at 3 months old, poor baby) things started getting better.  Our allergist also told us to use Dove Unscented soap rather than any of the baby washes or eczema washes.  We use Aveeno on his hair, but Dove Unscented bar soap on his body.  We haven't had problems with eczema in about 4 months now.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Started TTC "2.0": 6/13, First round of Clomid: 3/14, BFP: 4/14, EDD: 12/23/14, C-Section: 12/18/14
    Nathan and Nicholas are going to have so much fun together!

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    There is soy protein in the Burt's bee wash too!
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    LO had bad excema. He is allergic to gluten, eggs, peanuts, tree nuts, banana, dairy, dogs. He has done very well on Nutramigen formula. Derm said to use cerve on his skin and do bleach baths 3 times a week. I lotion him up at every diaper change. This has really helped him. We are about to switch to Elecare bc he was dx with ftt. Good luck. I know this is a tough road!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"