June 2012 Moms
Options

biting

DD has started biting me on the shoulder. She has done it a couple of times - not at any particular time and she wasn't angry. I am trying to think of how to correct her behavior. She is teething again, so that might be part of the reason, but I just want to make her stop. I have a few bruises on the shoulder and it hurts.
Apparently, I did it to my parents too...
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image

Re: biting

• Options
    When DS was about 9 months he bit me on the shoulder right at the base of my neck so hard I lost feeling and dropped him. I started crying, more because I dropped him than anything, and he got scared I was crying and he started crying. He broke the skin and I had a huge bruise. Thankfully I think he's only bit once or twice since then. I don't know how to correct it and I don't suggest you drop her but I think its something they all go through.
  • Options
    How funny!  The same thing is happening here too!  LO has bitten my shoulder every now and again for the past couple of months...  Not very often though like maybe once a month and she has not done it to anyone else but me and her Dad thankfully... I too don't know what to do about it :( 
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Thankfully, that hasn't happened here..DS will play bite every once in awhile while bfing...I firm, "no" and he stops.
  • Options
    DD bites us frequently. We notice it happens more often when she's teething. She's getting her molars right now. We tell her no biting and she gets put into her pack n play for a couple of minutes. She laughs at us too when she does it. Gotta love toddlers :)
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    DS has always gnawed on us randomly, but earlier this week he flat out bit the fire out of my arm (not out of anger). I reacted completely without thinking and popped him pretty sharply. I felt so bad! He has tried a few more times since then to bite, but I have told him "No bite! Just kisses!" He listens, stops biting, and actually a few times has leaned back over to kiss the area he was trying to bite.

• Options
    DD has done the same thing to me.  I immediately tell her, "No biting.  Biting hurts mommy."  And I put her down and turn my back for a moment--just long enough for her to get mad.  Biting at this age is developmentally normal, but LOs can still learn that biting has consequences.  It is also helpful if you can identify the triggers and intervene before LO can actually bite.  DD tends to do it if I am about to do something for her and then get interrupted (like if I stop to answer the phone when she knows I am about to get her a snack).
    DS born 8/8/09 and DD born 6/12/12.
  • Options
    I kind of noticed that she does it when tired or when someone tries to take her from me (she is clingy lately)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"