August 2011 Moms

Gritty sand-like poop?

I have noticed more and more that DD1 has really gritty poop. Its almost impossible to get it all off her butt because its so sand like. She also has been having more really loose poops, and partially undigested foods. Gross sorry! The poor kid has a constant really bad diaper rash because of it. 

I was googling this morning and everything I read says allergy to gluten? 

Anyone have experience with this? 

We just cut out all processed foods, all foods with artificial dyes and sweeteners, and have been eating about 50% organic. 
image image
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Gritty sand-like poop?

• My first thoughts were:

Gritty/sandlike: blueberry seeds
    Runny: summer heat

That's how DD2 is anyways. Her stools have always been on the softer side, though. As in, every time she has a new teacher at DC, they ask us if she has a stomach bug.
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickersimage
    imageAlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
    Farewell, nesticle, you will be missed
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
  • DS has sand-like poop quite a bit.  I have always correlated it to fiber.  It's usually worse the day after he eats a sandwich with whole wheat bread.  He also has also always had very soft poop, I asked the Dr. about it the last visit and she said not to worry it's better than the opposite problem. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    BFP 4/23/13 - MMC/Partial Molar - D&C 6/7/13     
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"