Two Under 2

Advise please LO 1 does not like LO 2

Hi.. I am looking for any advice. My son is 18 months and DD is 6 months.. He was better with her at the beginning yet still "cold" now he will not hug/kiss or even play with her or if I am on the floor trying to read to both of them or do actively to involve both of them he avoids it. I know jealousy is normal but it's starting to worry me bc now she is almost 7 months and he still does not like her. Any advise would be appreciated.. I want them to love eachother
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Advise please LO 1 does not like LO 2

• They will.  In about 2 years when they can play together better.  Can't force love (trying to force it probably makes the problem worse).  
    DS/LO #1: Born March 2012 DS/LO #2: On his way! Due October 2013 image
  • They will.  In about 2 years when they can play together better.  Can't force love (trying to force it probably makes the problem worse).  
    I agree.. don't force it. He'll come around. 
    image   image
    We were 2 under 2, now 3 under 3!
    Team Green turned Team Pink with #1, Team Green turned Team Blue with #2, Team Green turned Team Pink again with #3
  • Loading the player...
  • Definitely give it time and don't force the issue.  He's just not at an age where he cares, and that's fine.  He'll get there.  My DS1 totally ignored DS2 for months, and a year later, they are great friends.  Some kids are those helpful, super-interested-in-the-baby kids, and mine wasn't one of them, either.  Think of it this way--it's probably easier than constantly having to keep him from accidentally hurting her! ;)

• Agree with pps to give it time and appreciate that he isn't trying to hurt the new baby.
    Praise any positive actions, give him opportunities to "help" if he responds to that, and otherwise just give it time.
  • My son had minimal interest in his sister at that age and they are inseparable now. It wasn't really until my dd was closer to one and walking/really playing did he show interest. I would leave him be and give it time.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • To be honest, DD1 is just now starting to notice DD2 (who, you know, follows her everywhere and JUST WANTS TO BE LIKE HER). I make DD1 share toys with DD2, and I don't let her snatch things away from her, but other than that, I don't see any reason to force the issue. DD1 is just now starting to learn how to play with other kids her own age; I can't expect her to have the patience to play with a baby.

As long as your DS isn't going out of his way to hurt your DD, I would let it be til they're both older.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"