New York Babies
Options

Anyone use New York Presbytarian / Cornell Weill? Also, Anyone use Dobrenis as their OB?

edited August 2013 in New York Babies
Hi Everyone

This is my first time preggers! Got my BFP about a week and a half ago! I am very very excited -- but a little overwhelmed navigating the NYC maze with babies.  I have a GYN that is no longer an OB so I needed to procure an OB... that was a little complicated but an answer to prayers i got in with Dr. Dobrenis.  She seems to be great and comes highly reccomended -- but I was wondering if anyone could share first-hand their impressions of her.

Also she has privileges at Cornell Weill which I have NO idea about their maternity care other than their website - so anyone here have any experience there?  Any tips? Things to ask about or look out for?  If anyone who gave birth there could comment I would appreciate it!

Thanks in advance :) 

Re: Anyone use New York Presbytarian / Cornell Weill? Also, Anyone use Dobrenis as their OB?

• Options

I don't have any experience with that doctor but I delivered my baby via c-section at Cornell in January 2012.  It was a wonderful experience - great nurses who care for both you and the baby, immaculate and most importantly a great facility in the event there were any issues or you needed a high risk facility.

I can't speak of the semi-private rooms b/c I had a private room the first night and a suite the remainder of my stay.  To me it was worth every penny as I did not want to share a room under any circumstance.  Also, my husband was able to stay with me every night and the baby was with us the entire time.

I don't believe they do hospital tours anymore but you can ask.

If you want more info or have any specific questions feel free to PM me.

Good luck!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Thank you so much for responding DLo13!  I really appreciate the time you took to post! I despaired of hearing from anyone!   They no longer offer any type of a tour and I asked about the private room and it will be an additional $750 (DH is astounded by the pricetag of everything).  We could put it on FSA if it comes to that point.   I really want a private room! 

Thank you so much! If I have any other questions as I get further along into the process I will be sure to PM you! Again thank you for writing your review!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    You're welcome!  This is a horribly slow board and most people never even get a response to their post....its really too bad.

Yes, please feel free to PM me for any questions or details.  Good luck with anything.

Yeah, I know the price seems crazy but think about how many times you'll be in the hospital having a baby!  Believe me you don't want a roommate with their ton of guests, food smells, etc.  Its your first days bonding with your baby - if you an swing it, do it!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"