August 2012 Moms

FFFC

It's 8:00 am on the East Coast! I'm sure someone wants to confess something by now!
Then and now. How did my boy get so big? 

Re: FFFC

• I was given the go ahead to try nuts and peanuts. I'm terrified. 

• Loading the player...
  • My parents are out of town until tomorrow, so I've been using my mom's car all week since its AC is better than mine. I put Elijah's carseat in on Tuesday and put him in it, then ran into the house to grab something. Off we went, with him jabbering and yelling at me the whole way on the freeway. 20 minutes later, when I went to get him out, I saw that I had forgotten to buckle him in. He was holding on to the crotch buckle and looking at me like, " I've been trying to tell you this whole time, Mom!" Epic Mom fail.
  • My parents are out of town until tomorrow, so I've been using my mom's car all week since its AC is better than mine. I put Elijah's carseat in on Tuesday and put him in it, then ran into the house to grab something. Off we went, with him jabbering and yelling at me the whole way on the freeway. 20 minutes later, when I went to get him out, I saw that I had forgotten to buckle him in. He was holding on to the crotch buckle and looking at me like, " I've been trying to tell you this whole time, Mom!" Epic Mom fail.

mommy brain + pregnancy brain = 0 brain

We did that last year after it got cold. He was in the infant carrier and he had blankets over him so no one thought to check if he was buckled in. He wasn't it still gives me chills.

• It annoys me when people complain about lurkers posting "out of nowhere" who cares.  I rather people post then just lurk.

That is all :)

I agree but I don't like when they show up just to be combative. Chime in all you want but let us get to know you a little before stirring up shit.

• Ummm..this one's gross...I had food poisoning on Monday...I may or may not have pooped myself. Twice.

12 hr labor? No poop. 12 hour food poisoning. Poop.

Do I win the internets today?

• Haha. I guess nobody can top pooping themselves.
  • I have never participated in a FFFC post and am not really sure if this is flameful but I can't stand that my MIL's boyfriend is called Grandpa. I have no idea why it bothers me so much but it does. My MIL asked if it was ok while I was pregnant and I said 'sure' but now that DS is here it bothers me. I can't really tell her or I will seem like a biotch and my DH will just think I am crazy. 
    Also, they were over for DS's birthday party and DS was throwing food on the ground so my DH and I were telling him no and he just chimes in telling him no. Umm, pretty sure we got it covered. It irked me so much but I didn't say anything because I didn't want to be rude but I thought that was rude. Don't backseat parent me when your children are completely screwed up. Ugh! 
    Pretty lame confession but had to get it off my chest! 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker
  • cedenton said:

Ummm..this one's gross...I had food poisoning on Monday...I may or may not have pooped myself. Twice.

12 hr labor? No poop. 12 hour food poisoning. Poop.

Do I win the internets today?

You win!!!! I doubt anyone can top this!!! =D> =D> 
    DS1: 8/2012 <3 DS2  8/2017 <3 DS3 10/2018 

• cedenton said:

Haha. I guess nobody can top pooping themselves.

Sadly I can top that. After DD1 I didn't heal correctly. The night before my surgery to repair it. I had to do a prep to uh, clean things out. I'll spare you the details. But let's just say things were coming of the wrong place. Worst part of having either one of my daughters.
    victoria5month samantha5

I did this when DD1 was 2. I knew something was wrong when we were driving 50mph and she starts climbing into the front seat.
    victoria5month samantha5
  • SJandVA said:
    Sadly I can top that. After DD1 I didn't heal correctly. The night before my surgery to repair it. I had to do a prep to uh, clean things out. I'll spare you the details. But let's just say things were coming of the wrong place. Worst part of having either one of my daughters.

Ack! No fun.
  • cedenton said:

SJandVA said:

Sadly I can top that. After DD1 I didn't heal correctly. The night before my surgery to repair it. I had to do a prep to uh, clean things out. I'll spare you the details. But let's just say things were
    coming of the wrong place. Worst part of having either one of my daughters.
    Ack! No fun.
    Yep, not fun at all. I was afraid I wasn't even going to make the drive to the hospital without making a mess.
    BTW Hope you are feeling better today!
    victoria5month samantha5
  • @AggieDaner do truck drivers usually disregard traffic laws in Texas? I swear I the worst drivers here are douche canoes in big trucks. Speeding along in a blizzard? Oh, you're in a truck, you are exempt. No need to use your turn signal, you're in a truck. Jerk.

I'm going to have to get back for a confession. My brain hasn't woken up yet.
  • @AggieDaner do truck drivers usually disregard traffic laws in Texas? I swear I the worst drivers here are douche canoes in big trucks. Speeding along in a blizzard? Oh, you're in a truck, you are exempt. No need to use your turn signal, you're in a truck. Jerk.

I'm going to have to get back for a confession. My brain hasn't woken up yet.

Also add the ones on the freeway. Oh, you want me to move over? Maybe you should aggressively ride up on my bumper and shine your lights into my rear view until I let you, oh mighty ruler in a truck, take over the freeway.
  • I guess my FFC is that I am tired of all these posts about lurkers posting or not posting. Why is this being brought up a lot lately? I think that this board is very welcoming of lurkers that start to post. I never made an intro post, I just started to post replys and ask questions. I felt accepted quite quickly and I know a lot of others have felt that way to. I think it is only natural to question who someone is if they are unknown and immediately attack someone on this board or are controversial. Nothing wrong with writing a controversial post but there is also nothing wrong with someone asking about who that poster is. By asking who that poster is, it may not be anything against lurkers, just a question to help understand who you are so you can be replyed to better. Wether we know you are not, we will support you if you need it, we will answer your questions, we will debate and argue with you. As soon as you start being rude wether regular or new, we will not tolerate it.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicPhotobucket
  • Now I want croutons.

• Now I want croutons.

Me too
  • I went in the Disney store yesterday. I think a lot of parents in my circle have disdain for that sort of thing, and I can kind of see why. But as soon as we walked in, I was overwhelmed with OMG I WANT TO BE A PRETTY PRINCESS! It was just so fun. I will happily buy princess crap for A if she wants it.

We also got an American Girl doll catalog. Now that I will not be buying. One of the doll beds cost more than DD's real crib.
  • MrsWhippleMrsWhipple member
    edited September 2013
    @AggieDaner do truck drivers usually disregard traffic laws in Texas? I swear I the worst drivers here are douche canoes in big trucks. Speeding along in a blizzard? Oh, you're in a truck, you are exempt. No need to use your turn signal, you're in a truck. Jerk. I'm going to have to get back for a confession. My brain hasn't woken up yet.

This is pretty offensive. My husband is a truck driver. Not all truck drivers are bad drivers, and it is pretty close minded of you to group them all together.

eta: Never mind, reading fail. I don't think you guys are referring to semi drivers. Sorry ladies :)

• I let ds play with his "butt thermometer" for diaper changes and clothing changes. I take off the part that is inserted and he loves to press the buttons. The FF part is I just started taking off the part that's inserted...I was just cleaning it and keeping an eye on him so he didn't put it in his mouth. I do what I gotta do to get him ready in the morning and at bedtime without the fights. :-S
  • I just knocked Howell over on purpose. I was giving his red bum air time and a centipede was making a bee line for his jewels. I scared the crap out of the poor guy. Here he was trying to stack his stacking cups when his mom shows up screaming like a banshee knocking him over. I killed the centipede before it could bite my kid's bum. That counts for something.

Oh my gosh!!  I died laughing.  I'm picturing this, bahahaah!  What did Howell do??  And, do centipedes bite??

Baby #2!

BabyFruit Ticker 

• I guess my FFC is that I am tired of all these posts about lurkers posting or not posting. Why is this being brought up a lot lately? I think that this board is very welcoming of lurkers that start to post. I never made an intro post, I just started to post replys and ask questions. I felt accepted quite quickly and I know a lot of others have felt that way to. I think it is only natural to question who someone is if they are unknown and immediately attack someone on this board or are controversial. Nothing wrong with writing a controversial post but there is also nothing wrong with someone asking about who that poster is. By asking who that poster is, it may not be anything against lurkers, just a question to help understand who you are so you can be replyed to better. Wether we know you are not, we will support you if you need it, we will answer your questions, we will debate and argue with you. As soon as you start being rude wether regular or new, we will not tolerate it.
    I haven't even seen these posts....is it because I'm one of the lurkers??!

My blog
  • I don't like croutons.

• I just knocked Howell over on purpose. I was giving his red bum air time and a centipede was making a bee line for his jewels. I scared the crap out of the poor guy. Here he was trying to stack his stacking cups when his mom shows up screaming like a banshee knocking him over. I killed the centipede before it could bite my kid's bum. That counts for something.

Oh my gosh!!  I died laughing. 
    I'm picturing this, bahahaah!  What did Howell do??  And, do
    centipedes bite??

I don't think they bite and I tend to leave them alone because they eat roaches which are much worse in my opinion. But I still didn't want it crawling on his butt! And Howell was pretty pissed at me. He's obsessed with this stacking tower he got for his birthday and he was deep in concentration. I told H it would be like if you were trying to finish a term paper and someone knocked you off your chair. And I'm sure he thought the house was on fire due to my scream. I am the biggest baby about pests that do not belong in my house.

• SpruceGrouseSpruceGrouse member
    edited September 2013
    102007 said:
    I guess my FFC is that I am tired of all these posts about lurkers posting or not posting. Why is this being brought up a lot lately? I think that this board is very welcoming of lurkers that start to post. I never made an intro post, I just started to post replys and ask questions. I felt accepted quite quickly and I know a lot of others have felt that way to. I think it is only natural to question who someone is if they are unknown and immediately attack someone on this board or are controversial. Nothing wrong with writing a controversial post but there is also nothing wrong with someone asking about who that poster is. By asking who that poster is, it may not be anything against lurkers, just a question to help understand who you are so you can be replyed to better. Wether we know you are not, we will support you if you need it, we will answer your questions, we will debate and argue with you. As soon as you start being rude wether regular or new, we will not tolerate it.

This has nothing to do with you, I have just seen this comment made several times lately. I guess your post reminded me of these comments coming up since the board changes and it never seemed to be an issue before.
  • 2ag said:

It never occurred to me that some people who live in America don't have air conditioning. I just thought everyone had it. I feel really dumb.

I live in Tx where summer (which is basically half of the year)is 100-110 degrees, so it's foreign to think that there's parts of the country that don't need AC.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • jodegaardjodegaard member
    edited September 2013
    I once bought a box of croutons soley for the purpose of having a road trip snack.

Maybe more than once.
    SeptsiggyBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • 102007 said:
    I guess my FFC is that I am tired of all these posts about lurkers posting or not posting. Why is this being brought up a lot lately? I think that this board is very welcoming of lurkers that start to post. I never made an intro post, I just started to post replys and ask questions. I felt accepted quite quickly and I know a lot of others have felt that way to. I think it is only natural to question who someone is if they are unknown and immediately attack someone on this board or are controversial. Nothing wrong with writing a controversial post but there is also nothing wrong with someone asking about who that poster is. By asking who that poster is, it may not be anything against lurkers, just a question to help understand who you are so you can be replyed to better. Wether we know you are not, we will support you if you need it, we will answer your questions, we will debate and argue with you. As soon as you start being rude wether regular or new, we will not tolerate it.

This has nothing to do with you, I have just seen this comment made several times lately. I guess your post reminded me of these comments coming up since the board changes and it never seemed to be an issue before.
    Eh, it was a little tongue in cheek. I don't think I'm controversial enough to rally an outcry, but I think I also just don't read closely enough because I really hadn't seen any of those posts! Plus I'm actually an oldie! I was on the board much more when I was pg, and dropped out after the baby, probably due to struggling w/ PPD and not really caring about anything. But I'm back now - yay for drugs!

My blog
  • @LindsayDesigner it really depends on where you are. Out in the country and in general the more rural areas, absolutely not. I'd imagine it's because those are the people who NEED trucks, and who use their trucks as actual trucks, not as surrogate wangs. In the city, though, omg yes. HERE, LEMME PUT SOME HIGH BEAMS DIRECTLY INTO YOUR REARVIEW MIRROR LOLOLOLOLOL!!!!!!!!! 

@BPaws hahaha, noooo! Look, I love trucks. I love BIG trucks. Someday, when they decide to be cool and make a hybrid or electric version, I am GETTING a Ford King Ranch Edition truck. They're gorgeous and amazing and I've been to King Ranch so I deserve it, right?!?! Anyway, it sounds like y'all use your truck as a truck, which exempts you from my angry feelings. 

Side note, why do people with enormous trucks INSIST on backing them into parking spaces? Is it just to show that you can? In college it was a frequent point of contention in the campus paper (Battalion, whoop!) because it was irritating as balls to sit there and wait while Jackass McGee spent 5 minutes backing into a spot because GOD FORBID you just pull into it like a normal person. The car drivers would be all, "I HATE YOU SO MUCH" and the giant truck people would be like, "IT'S MAH RIGHT TO PARK HOWEVER I WAWNT!"

AUGUST 2012 UNICORN

BabyFruit Ticker
  • 102007 said:
    102007 said:

Eh, it was a little tongue in cheek. I don't think I'm controversial enough to rally an outcry, but I think I also just don't read closely enough because I really hadn't seen any of those posts! Plus I'm actually an oldie! I was on the board much more when I was pg, and dropped out after the baby, probably due to struggling w/ PPD and not really caring about anything. But I'm back now - yay for drugs!

great!
  • My confession: I learned to drive in the woods, in a big lifted truck. B-)

You know what drives me crazy? When people have these jacked up jeeps, put snorkels on them (so they can go through big puddles, etc), but you can tell they only have it for show. There's no point!
  • @LindsayDesigner it really depends on where you are. Out in the country and in general the more rural areas, absolutely not. I'd imagine it's because those are the people who NEED trucks, and who use their trucks as actual trucks, not as surrogate wangs. In the city, though, omg yes. HERE, LEMME PUT SOME HIGH BEAMS DIRECTLY INTO YOUR REARVIEW MIRROR LOLOLOLOLOL!!!!!!!!! 

@BPaws hahaha, noooo! Look, I love trucks. I love BIG trucks. Someday, when they decide to be cool and make a hybrid or electric version, I am GETTING a Ford King Ranch Edition truck. They're gorgeous and amazing and I've been to King Ranch so I deserve it, right?!?! Anyway, it sounds like y'all use your truck as a truck, which exempts you from my angry feelings. 

Side note, why do people with enormous trucks INSIST on backing them into parking spaces? Is it just to show that you can? In college it was a frequent point of contention in the campus paper (Battalion, whoop!) because it was irritating as balls to sit there and wait while Jackass McGee spent 5 minutes backing into a spot because GOD FORBID you just pull into it like a normal person. The car drivers would be all, "I HATE YOU SO MUCH" and the giant truck people would be like, "IT'S MAH RIGHT TO PARK HOWEVER I WAWNT!"
    There's this idiotic part of Georgetown where they ticket you for NOT backing in.

• Another confession. I've never backed into a parking spot. I can't. I also suck at parallel parking. I did it once fpr my driver's test, and have never been able to do it well since.

• Another confession. I've never backed into a parking spot. I can't. I also suck at parallel parking. I did it once fpr my driver's test, and have never been able to do it well since.

I work on a college campus that is dead during summer.  I suck at backing in, so I would practice every morning when I came to work b/c no one was there.  NERD ALERT!!

That's hilarious. It makes me mad because my SO is great at both.
    I work on a college campus that is dead during summer.  I suck at backing in, so I would practice every morning when I came to work b/c no one was there.  NERD ALERT!!
    That's hilarious. It makes me mad because my SO is great at both.
    This is why I love that my new car has a backup camera. It has made both those maddening skills within my reach!

My blog
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"