Two Under 2
Options

Double Jogging Stroller

Looking for info regarding double jogging strollers you like/don't like. My 2 year old is 90th percentile for height and 100th percentile for weight, so I'm looking for something that is roomy enough for him. Also looking for something not outrageously priced.
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker IAmPregnant Ticker

Re: Double Jogging Stroller

• Options

We have rented a double jogging stroller at the beach the past 2 years.  I don't actually "jog" with the jogging stroller, so I can't really comment on that.  But we used it to push them on the sand.  The first year we had a Baby Trend stroller, one of the more reasonably priced strollers in the market.  It was decent- child snack trays, parent cup holders and cell phone tray, good storage basket underneath.  This year we had a Bob, one of the most expensive strollers in the market.  I did Not like it.  The front wheel was fixed (which I know is for serious jogging) but makes it a major pain in the ass to steer.  It had no cupholders, no snack trays, and the storage basket was totally inaccessible.  I believe they sell some of those accessories separately, but IMO if the stroller is a few hundred bucks and doesnt even have cupholders WTF?  The only thing I liked about it was it has awesome sun canopies.

I would recommend you really test out any stroller you are considering before you buy it.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Thanks so much!  I won't be jogging with this either, but want to have something that can go on the beach, etc.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    abbyluck said:
    Thanks so much!  I won't be jogging with this either, but want to have something that can go on the beach, etc.
    The BOB is amazing.  The PPer used a fixed wheel edition which wasn't good for her needs. BOB has swivel wheel joggers too.  You can buy a cupholder/parent console for like $10 and the snack tray is sold separately which is the way almost all higher end brands are.  

You get what you pay for when it comes to strollers.  The BOB is excellent as are Mountain Buggies.  Baby Jogger just came out with a new double jogger as well.  You are going to want BIG air tires for the beach.  There's really no other way to get through sand easily.  The Baby Jogger Summit X3 would work great for you since the seats are very tall.  

If your local Craigslist is good, I would start there.  Buying a good, quality used jogger is going to be a lot nicer that something cheap and new.  I have had 12 different strollers and the BOB is easily my favorite.  It's so easy to push and when you have 2 heavy kids in it, that makes a big difference.  
    image   image
    We were 2 under 2, now 3 under 3!
    Team Green turned Team Pink with #1, Team Green turned Team Blue with #2, Team Green turned Team Pink again with #3
  • Options

Thanks so much!!

• Options
    Love my Schwinn double jogger!! So lightweight, they barely move with bumps & don't be unsure about the front swivel wheel like I was, you don't even notice like the plastic ones and it makes it much easier to maneuver.
    BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I bought the BOB Revolution, I had the single and loved it so I got the double.  I was a little nervous because DD is also very tall and she looked a little snug in her seat, but 1 1/2 years later she's still sitting in it so it's worked out great.  We bought ours off of Craigslist because DD was also going through a phase of not wanted to be in the stroller so I didn't know how much use I'd get of it.  It worked out great because the older model you can buy the carseat attachment which comes with the snack trays.  When the baby outgrows the infant seat, you screw on the tray.  The newer models you have to buy a whole new $100 double snack tray.
  • Options
    I bought the BOB Revolution, I had the single and loved it so I got the double.  I was a little nervous because DD is also very tall and she looked a little snug in her seat, but 1 1/2 years later she's still sitting in it so it's worked out great.  We bought ours off of Craigslist because DD was also going through a phase of not wanted to be in the stroller so I didn't know how much use I'd get of it.  It worked out great because the older model you can buy the carseat attachment which comes with the snack trays.  When the baby outgrows the infant seat, you screw on the tray.  The newer models you have to buy a whole new $100 double snack tray.
    Just FYI, I have the newer model Duallie and got the double snack tray for like $35 on ebay.  
    image   image
    We were 2 under 2, now 3 under 3!
    Team Green turned Team Pink with #1, Team Green turned Team Blue with #2, Team Green turned Team Pink again with #3
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"