2nd Trimester

any hair stylists I can ask a question to?

At the very beginning, like 3 weeks after conception, before I could even take a test, my hair got really greasy at the roots with all three pregnancies. It went away after about 5 days and I never thought anything of it. This time though, it is back and it has been a week and nothing is making it go away. I did have my moms friend (who is a stylist) tell me it was definitely hormonal and not product build up, but I forgot to ask if there is anything I can do about it. 

Is there anything I can do to get rid of it? It's really embarrassing, looks like I dont wash my hair. 
Lilypie Second Birthday tickersLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
 Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Re: any hair stylists I can ask a question to?

• I am not a hair stylist but my mom is and I would imagine putting certain products would make it worse however why don't you try dry shampoo?? my hair gets really oily the next day after I washing it, its horrible! So If I don't have time to wash it every day I use dry shampoo it asorbes all the oils and odors!

I hope this helps  

• Loading the player...
  • Thanks, I'll try it!
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickersLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
     Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Not a stylist but I work for a haircare company. I second the dry shampoo. You could also add a clarifying shampoo 1-2x a month but not too often they can strip natural oils from your hair. When you apply conditioner concentrate on the ends of your hair. I would also choose a lighter formula, usually ones that are for volume tend to have lighter oils/moisturizers and rinse cleaner leaving less product behind.
    5 IUIs and an IVF
    It's all worth it for Baby Boy, born 9/30/13!
    What do you know, Baby Girl just popped up! Due 1/2/15
  • Ugh, I've had this problem too! Dry shampoo helps some, but I need a clarifying shampoo from my stylist to really clean it up. I asked mine, I also have three really good friends who are stylists. All said, its hormonal and you just have to deal with it, not fun, but not much you can do. They said to be careful how often you strip your hair with a clarifying shampoo because it will really dry out and damage your hair if you do it too often.
  • I had this problem and nothing seemed to help. I finally came across an article that said to use listerine because it is an antiseptic. I thought it was crazy but I was desperate so listerine it was. It worked!! It made my hair super soft too. Thank you doctor google.

• hi! Im a hair stylist and actually, all of the advice these ladies gave is good!

Listerine does work and ive recommended it to clients to treat excessive oiliness as well as sparingly to treat mild dandruff! (you would think because dandruff is dryness that it would make it worse but it doesnt)

if you dont want to use listerine, anything Tea Tree Oil works too. from shampoos and conditioners to the actual essential oil extract applied directly to your scalp for about an hour before you wash your hair. you can do this maybe twice a week depending on how often you wash your hair and how oily it is. just monitor it because with listerine, tea tree oil and clarifying shampoo, using it too often can make your hair dull brittle and dry.

good luck! :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"