Babies: 3 - 6 Months

clothing woes

I literally CLEANED OUT my closet and dresser and have bags of clothes to sell/give away. I've got very shirts to work with right now because nothing fits. (No need to tell me to hang onto my clothes incase they will fit one day - my boobs are enormous and IF they do shrink after BF, they probably wont be things I want to wear anyways, so I have no issues starting over)

I actually ordered a cardigan from this site called "pepperberry" (not affil.) -- it's a clothing company over in the UK that specializes in clothes for women with big boobs.

I've been looking up pinterest ideas on "how to dress like a mom" because I am completely lost. I've lost my sense of style and find myself just buying stuff "because it'll do" -- thats NOT me. I'm someone who wears heels, structured tops, nice pants - I feel like I cant do that while BF and coz my boobs are just ruining everything for me. I went from a B cup to an H. I hate it.

Re: clothing woes

• going through the same thing and just packed away all my clothes.  this is my new wardrobe staple since having a baby:

- 2 great pairs of jeans, one with a casual wash and one with a dark dressier wash. 
    - cotton tees with layering stretchy tanks underneath so if you are pumping or BF you can take your tee off and only mess your layering tank.  i still use the stretchy layering tanks i bought at pea in the pod (2 black, 2 white)
    -cotton structured button up shirts in different colors or prints with the layering tank underneath.  i feel like cotton is an easier fabric to wear while BF because a milk stain on cotton or linen goes away in 30 min while on silk it can stain.  button ups are always easier to BF or pump rather then pull over shirts. or if i wear a silk top i always wear my layering tank underneath so i dont stain the silk and ruin my blouse.  any silk top i wear is always button front now.
    -any knit dress!  so much easier to wear now then any woven or silk dresses and they dont stain as easily.
    -lightweight knit cardigans in fun colors, also heather grey, black
    -fun pattern ballet flats. comfy to wear while holding the baby but doesn't look sloppy etc. 
    -structured, tailored blazers

ive pretty much been staying away from any pullover style blouses and sweaters which was most of my ward drobe before and any structured dresses since they are hard to wear when pumping or BF.   
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers IAmPregnant Ticker
  • I hear ya!! But I stay at home. I started staying home 2.5 years ago after my son was born. My style left once I stayed home. My wardrobe consists of yoga pants, running shorts and nursing tanks. My DD was born 3 months ago & I usually just dress up in whatever fits for Dr appointments. I live in the country and dont go to town much anymore except for playdates or a quick trip to the grocery store.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • But I did get some skinny jeans recently and riding boots for fall and winter. My skinny jeans were from forever 21 and were on sale for $8. They also are super comfy and cute with sandals or flats.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • I just did the same thing... Completely cleaned out my closet, took about 80% of the stuff to consignment. A lot of it fits, but just doesn't look right. I LOVE clothes, but now I'm just wearing / buying stuff because it fits (sorta) and it's on sale. I guess I'm not much help, but know you're not alone! Becoming a mom is Iike becoming a whole new person, wardrobe included!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"