Pre-School and Daycare

Difficult 3 yo

My son just turned three. I am really struggling with his grumpiness. He is not grumpy all the time however some days it feels like it. At his well visit I spoke with pedi about it and he thought it may be sleep related. (He refuses to nap but crashes between 2 and 3 pm at this point I cannot have him nap because he will be up till 10 pm. My pedi thought I should give him a short nap I tried but it doesn't really help if anything his mood can be more fierce). I have been trying to be more attentive and give him some extra love it is not really helping. I'm beside myself because this has been going on for a while. I thought he would outgrow it but there is no end in sight. Has anyone seen this? Is it typical. I'm concerned because I love my little guy and want him to be happy :-(. Tia

Re: Difficult 3 yo

• Spin313Spin313 member
    edited August 2013
    It's very common at this age! Have you tried doing quiet time in his room at that hour...? Maybe have a small basket of non-noise toys and books that he only gets at that time.

Otherwise, if you are not anti-TV, I'd throw on a show at 2pm and let him veg out with a healthy snack.

• 3 is a tough age. I'd do quiet time also. I'd f also push up bedtime.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • He might also be bored.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • My DS can be like this without a nap.  On the weekend, he and I lay down together to rest in my bed.  We watch one TV show and then have to rest for 1 hour.  He always falls asleep for atleast 1.5 hours.  I usually wake him up with the TV at about 2 hours or so. 
  • My 3yo DS is the same way. It's normal, but it is so hard not to compare him to my SD sometimes. She never went through this phase.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"