Babies: 9 - 12 Months

Blankets

So my baby will finally be a year in a few weeks - when are they allowed to start sleeping with actual blanket? Winter will be here before we know it and I wanted to check and see what is the right way to do it. 
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Blankets

• I have always wrapped him in a blanket before laying him down, since he was born. He started pulling it off and snuggling with it around 6-7 months. I think they can handle a loose blanket once they can grab and pull things. Personally though I wouldn't trust his blanket to keep him warm, as it never stays on his body very long.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I asked this at my 9th appt. Dr said right now she can have a light weight blanket but not until 18-24 months for a heavier blanket.
  • Loading the player...
  • I've covered her with an AA or crocheted blanket since I stopped swaddling around 5 months. She was army crawling at that point so I was comfortable with it. I'd have no issues at a year.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• We started giving DS a small blanket in his crib when he was 8 months because he was born in April and that's when it was getting cooler at night. Honestly, it was kind of pointless because he wiggled so much that the blanket never actually covered him up. DD was born in November so we probably won't give her a blanket until after a year old. There's just no need now. We live in Florida so it's rarely ever cold at night.

• My daughter is 13 months old and we have a blanket in her crib, although it never stays on her. We dress her in warm pajamas for that reason.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • My DD is almost 11 months and we've given her a A&A swaddle for the last two months or so.
  • I've been laying a blanket over DS since he could roll over. He HATES things on or near his face so I was comfortable with the fact that it wouldn't be a problem for him.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Started Dating 03/04/2007 ~ Got Engaged 04/23/2010 ~ Said "I Do" 03/19/2011

Started TTC #1 11/2011 ~ BFP #1 03/28/2012-EDD 12/02/2012 ~

Greyson was Born by Unplanned C-Section on 11/20/2012 @ 8lbs 9oz 21 inhces

Started TTC #2 07/2013 ~ BFP #2 10/11/2013-EDD based on growth is June 26th

Liam born by Repeat C-Section on June 20, 2014 @ 8lbs 2oz 20.75 inches

• I am not sure what the "rules" would say but my baby has had a blanket for months.  I figured that once she got to a point where she can move around and move things away from her face that it should be just fine.

• I think blankets are OK at a year, but many people prefer the sleep sacks because they stay on the baby better during the night. I'm planning on using the Halo sleep sacks once the weather gets cooler-- I have both fleece and lightweight ones

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"