June 2012 Moms
Options

Air Travel Recs

Hello! It has been quite a while since I have visited this board. I'm seeking recs on air travel with my son. We will be traveling from CA to PA in December. He will be 18 months old at the time of our trip. 

My main concern is whether or not I should pay for a seat of his own on the plane, and whether or not to bring the carseat on the plane.

What has been your experience, and can you provide me with any tips?

If this is not the right place for this type of discussion, please direct me to where I should go. :)

Thanks!!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker small

Re: Air Travel Recs

• Options
    I've flown both with infant in arms and when dd has had her own seat. Honestly, it's nice to have the extra space, but it's totally do-able with infant in arms too. How long will your flight be? Do you anticipate a layover? You can always gate check your car seat in anticipation of there being an open seat.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    From CA to PA, with an 18 month old, I would pay for the extra seat. That's a long flight and I'm assuming you may have more than 1 flight.....

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    It depends on your child's personality.  DS was a great lap child, although I think the oldest I attempted that with him was 10 months.  He is always great on a plane, but definitely more comfortable and sleeps better if he is in a carseat.

We flew with DD for the first time last month.  It was awful.  She cannot sit still for more than 2 seconds at a time.  DH and I passed her back and forth approximately 100,000 times per flight.  She barely slept on any of the four flights (two each way).  The only way we survived the last flight was with me putting her in the Ergo front carry on my lap.  She used me as a human trampoline, but at least she didn't jump off my lap or scream the entire time.

For all future trips, DD will be in her own seat, strapped in a carseat.  Or we will drive. 
    DS born 8/8/09 and DD born 6/12/12.
  • Options
    Thanks ladies. I ended purchasing an extra seat for my son. It was an over $700 decision, but I know it's worth it for his safety and for our sanity! :) 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker small
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"