Nurseries and Baby Gear
Options

Harmony Defender?

Anyone have experience with this seat? It looks like a great option for getting three across, but it seems relatively new so I'm looking for reviews/opinions. It would be for my oldest DD, who is 3.5 and approx. 39-40in and 30-32lbs. We don't plan to move her to a booster for at least another 1.5-2yrs, but I'm especially curious how the Defender is in booster mode since it has such a long life before expiration.
Mama to two sweet girls
DD1 Feb 2010
DD2 Sept 2011

Pregnancy Ticker

Re: Harmony Defender?

• Options

It's actually a well liked combination seat, does well in harness, high backed booster mode, and low back booster mode. It's easy on the budget and works well for average sized kids. The only drawback you may find is that the Defender is required to be fully on the car's seat (so no overhang allowed). It's got a 16" max seat depth in harness mode, so if you have at least 16.5" from the seat back/bight you should be able to use this. It will last as long as the Graco Nautilus harnessed for less money.

You won't get bad reviews from car seat techs on this seat. I tend to ignore the Walmart reviews anyway because most lack knowledge on proper use. FYI, a light read: https://harmonyjuvenile.com/uploads/instructions171.pdf

Here's the review from the FB group Car Seats for the Littles:

Harmony Defender:

Stats: $100, harness to 65 lbs with 18.5” top harness slots, high back with 20” top guide and backless booster, 10 year expiration

Pros: Inexpensive, easy to install, narrow enough for 3-across.

Cons: Requires assembly, short crotch strap that can be uncomfortable (a longer strap is available at no charge from Harmony). Does not allow any part of the car seat to overhang the vehicle seat.

CSFTL Review:

https://csftl.org/harmony-defender-360-more-bang-for-your-buck

• Options
    Awesome, thanks so much! We have a Nautilus that I'm really happy with, but I'm not convinced it will sit three across, so the Defender looks like a great alternative. Thanks again for the info and links :)
    Mama to two sweet girls
    DD1 Feb 2010
    DD2 Sept 2011

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Dude! I measured wrong!! 19" seat depth needed to fit on the seat!
  • Options
    Dude! I measured wrong!! 19" seat depth needed to fit on the seat!
    Any idea then if it would fit on the third row seat of a Toyota Sienna? I've been googling but can't find an answer.
    Mama to two sweet girls
    DD1 Feb 2010
    DD2 Sept 2011

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options

I would think so. They fit in the Caravan and Odessey and the Sienna's measurments are fairly similar. Here's the external stats, I asked a friend to measure hers, that's where the 19" came from, but I still think it's not that deep since internal depth is only 13".

Lowest harness height: 11"
    Highest harness height: 18.5"
    1st crotch buckle position: 6"
    2nd crotch buckle position: 8"
    Internal seating depth: 12-13"
    Internal seat height: 29-30"
    Seat width at widest point (armrest): 17"
    Lowest booster belt guide: 14"
    Highest booster belt guide: 20-21"

• Options
    Great, thanks! We haven't bought our Sienna yet, I'm just planning waaay ahead ;)
    Mama to two sweet girls
    DD1 Feb 2010
    DD2 Sept 2011

Pregnancy Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"