Minnesota Babies

Classes for babies

Hi! My daughter is 1 year old and I am looking for classes (activities) that she can do during the day with our nanny to get her out and exposed to other kids, etc.  Currently we do a music class - any other classes anyone would suggest?  I thought about the free Amma play groups on Fridays in Edina.

What do some other mamas do in the area?

Thanks!

Re: Classes for babies

• Check out your local library. We used to go to the Henn Cty Library in Brooklyn Park for Storytime and it was amazing! The first 30 minutes were slightly structured and the second 30 were basically free play. They have a group that is 0 - 3 years and there were always kids from each age there. Super fun songs and activities. AND, it's FREE!!!! 
    Some libraries require you to register for a session, the BP one did not and just encouraged parents to just show up and benefit from the fun! 
  • Second vote for story time at the library.
  • Loading the player...
  • We do library story time and an ECFE class. Some of the bookstores do story times as well. You could send them to some of the toddler Tuesday activities at MOA.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Does your city send out an activities calendar for the different seasons? Sometimes you can find free mommy and me type classes or groups. Also I love taking my nephews to the indoor play places in community centers or even malls. At that age they don't really "play" with other kids yet so any where different is good. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Definitely the library. Early literacy activities are tremendously important!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"