August 2013 Moms

Where were you when your water broke?

2»

Re: Where were you when your water broke?

• Mine is boring too. I was just admitted to LnD because of my horrible contractions that were 2 mins apart. Once I laid on the bed POP my water broke and was gushing out everywhere.

It was pretty gross actually.

This was mine, too. I had high fluid, so it just kept gushing out after they broke the bag. It was gross-feeling. I'd have to lay in a puddle til the nurse could change the pad, and then moving so she could change the pad would trigger another gush. She told me that some women have so much that it leaks off the bed onto the floor. then about two minutes later, tells me that if she hadn't been changing my pads so fast, I'd be one of those women. Then later when I was standing to labor, I had to stand on a towel because it would randomly gush out again. It felt so gross and wrong.

This describes my labor. They broke it in hospital, thank God. My nurse said she's only seen as much fluid a few times. Getting up to pee before epidural was a nightmare and I leaked all over the floor when getting set for the epi- almost on DH's shoes! :) I cannot imagine dealing with it in a public place or even at home.
    imageimage
    Izzy and Baby A ~ Adorable Punks
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • rooftoprooftop member
    edited September 2013
    I was in bed half awake yelling at my current contraction to "do something or go away" after 60+ hours of labor when mine broke with a POP and a gush.
    ETA it was an hour after I'd been sent home from the birth center

Engaged 10/2/1202
    BFP (a lil quicker than expected) 12/7/2012
    Married to my best friend 12/24/2012
    Beautiful baby girl arrived 8/15/2013
    BFP #2 3/13/2016

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • In the OR all three times
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
    Photobucket
  • Mine broke at home, thank God, because it was a mess! I got out of bed to go downstairs and make breakfast and suddenly there was a huge gush. I ran to the bathroom and popped a squat on the toilet because it just kept coming and I didn't want to ruin our carpet lol DH wasn't home so I called him and made him pick up huge granny pads when he was on his way that I could wear to the hospital  :))
  • Mine broke in bed at 10 pm -- my husband and the dog both heard the pop. I put one of my heavy-duty PP pads in before we left for the hospital, and I managed to keep the car seat dry, but by the time we got to OB triage I was gushing all over the floor at the check-in desk. They had to go get a towel for me to stand on. (They assured me it wasn't the first time it had happened!)
    CafeMom Tickers

BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"