November 2013 Moms

Movement

Has one elses movement changed?

I feel more rolling and body part sticking out but that's about it. I mostly feel him down by my cervix. Havent really had big kicks or huge movements lately.

I still feel him as often as before its just...different? lol Maybe he just changed positions.

Re: Movement

• i'm with you. i still get some kicking here and there but it's much more rolling around and outward "pushing" than actual jabs or kicks.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Our LO's are starting to run out of room. More round movements, like knees, elbows, spins, turns, etc. are to be expected... I get some kicks and punches, but mostly rolls and an elbow or knee or butt sticking up.

MMC 01/26/12 

MC 12/25/12, D&C 01/05/13

BFP 03/05/13, EDD 11/12/13. HB 175 @ 9w2d. Its a Girl!

<3Madeline Lorraine H. <3 Born 11/12/13 @9:10pm, 7lb6oz

DX with EA/TEF Type C & Tracheomalaysia
    MC @ 13wks 01/15/15 

DX Septate Uterus - surgery recommended

BFP 3/18/16, EDD 11/13/16 It's a boy!
    <3 Clint Kiszonas H. <3 Born 11/21/16 @10:38pm, 9lb11oz

BFP 1/11/18, EDD 9/21/18 
  • Loading the player...
  • I get a lot of the alien movement now. One of my friends noticed my belly moving a few days ago while we were talking. It was pretty funny =)

Daisypath Anniversary tickers Lilypie Maternity tickers
    N '13 November Siggy Challenge- Baby Pictures

Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
  • I was actually just thinking about this. Glad to know it seems to be normal. Maybe it's just because LM has less room now?
    Spot on pretty lady!!! Baby has less room so it'll be more rolling movements... last night LM must have been at a rave because he was all over the place... I pushed in on one spot and felt either a hand or foot touch my hand! It was Crazy!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Yep, more rolling and stretching and stuff like that, although I do still get the rapid fire punching bag feelings every now and then and some pretty hefty kicks. I think he hates me already. 

But mostly, right now, I'm feeling him rotate from a side lying position to a vertical position, or feeling him move over to one side of my ute. I can feel his butt at the top and head at the bottom (or vice versa). It is weird.
    Married since 2008 | TTC #1 since 2011

2 losses: Nov '11 and Aug '12
    Dx: Feb '13 - HSG shows clear tubes but minor diverticulitis; Borderline DOR; Low DHEA and low testosterone.
    Moving on to IUI or IVF.

3.4.13:  Holy crap! Surprise natural BFP on cycle #19. EDD 11.12.13
    We've got a peen.....it's a boy! 
    Little man born 11.17.2013 via c-section

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• Yep, it's far less kicking and popping, more slow, alien movements, hiccups and stretches.  

He gets hiccups ALL the time. Its driving me NUTS! lol! He even had them at the last ultrasound. haha!
  • it still feels like the baby is moving around constantly ... does anyone know when baby is actually supposed to get into the head down position and stay that way?
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • it still feels like the baby is moving around constantly ... does anyone know when baby is actually supposed to get into the head down position and stay that way?

I asked my MFM at 26.5w and they said most babies will flip around 30.w I'm pretty sure mine hasn't since I haven't felt any kicks to the ribs yet and I'm 29w2d. I've heard of babies flipping as late as 39 weeks though, so who knows?

• My LO has been head down at every ultrasound ive had! My DS1 was the same way. Always on his head lol
  • LJGS1010 said:
    it still feels like the baby is moving around constantly ... does anyone know when baby is actually supposed to get into the head down position and stay that way?
    I asked my MFM at 26.5w and they said most babies will flip around 30.w I'm pretty sure mine hasn't since I haven't felt any kicks to the ribs yet and I'm 29w2d. I've heard of babies flipping as late as 39 weeks though, so who knows?
    There's still time. At my appointment today, my midwife asked where I was feeling kicks. I feel them down low AND up high in my ribs, and told her it makes me think he's switching between breach and head down on a pretty regular basis. She said he still has plenty of room (at 29 weeks 4 days) to keep doing that!
    Mine is still switching. He goes from being side lying to vertical all the time. Last night I felt him change about 3 or 4 times in 30 minutes. It kept me up! I'm planning to bring this up at my OB appt next week.

Dx: Feb '13 - HSG shows clear tubes but minor diverticulitis; Borderline DOR; Low DHEA and low testosterone.
    Moving on to IUI or IVF.

• My LO has been head down since 29 weeks. 
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

• Yep, it's far less kicking and popping, more slow, alien movements, hiccups and stretches.  

He gets hiccups ALL the time. Its driving me NUTS! lol! He even had them at the last ultrasound. haha!
    STUPID QUESTION WARNING:

what do hiccups feel like?  at my last appointment, the nurse told me that she had the hiccups (heard on doppler), but I couldn't feel anything, or nothing out of the ordinary at least.

Then again, I have to admit - I feel pretty clueless about what's going on inside my body.  I can tell the sharp kicks have all but disappeared, and there is more "rolly/swishy" type movement, but I have no clue what is what - head up, head down, seriously, I have no idea...

He gets hiccups ALL the time. Its driving me NUTS! lol! He even had them at the last ultrasound. haha!"

I'm feeling the same movements and I've heard that hiccups are good for baby's developing lungs so it's a good sign.

• LittleNanLittleNan member
    edited September 2013
    @rbtrumpet

STUPID QUESTION WARNING:

what do hiccups feel like?  at my last appointment, the nurse told me that she had the hiccups (heard on doppler), but I couldn't feel anything, or nothing out of the ordinary at least.

Then again, I have to admit - I feel pretty clueless about what's going on inside my body.  I can tell the sharp kicks have all but disappeared, and there is more "rolly/swishy" type movement, but I have no clue what is what - head up, head down, seriously, I have no idea...

To me hiccups feel like faint kicks but they are rhythmic. Most of the time I only feel them from the inside.

Edit-messed up quote box
  • Yep, more rolling and stretching and stuff like that, although I do still get the rapid fire punching bag feelings every now and then and some pretty hefty kicks. I think he hates me already. 

But mostly, right now, I'm feeling him rotate from a side lying position to a vertical position, or feeling him move over to one side of my ute. I can feel his butt at the top and head at the bottom (or vice versa). It is weird.
    This is me. I do get these weird convulsive movements. Almost like she can't get comfortable so she flings her whole body around in a temper tantrum.

Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I agree with @LittleNan, I think LO will hiccup 3 or 4 times and its kind of jerky but has a pattern to it

Totally this! Baby is running out of room in there

This is me. I do get these weird convulsive movements. Almost like she can't get comfortable so she flings her whole body around in a temper tantrum.
    Yeah, it is almost like seizures! I'd love a camera to be in there so I could see what this crazy baby is doing. If it is a temper tantrum, it sounds like he's going to be just like me ;)

Moving on to IUI or IVF.

• rbtrumpet said:
    Yep, it's far less kicking and popping, more slow, alien movements, hiccups and stretches.  

STUPID QUESTION WARNING:

I just recently noticed that LO had the hiccups last night and I could identify them (I'm 29 weeks). Now that I recognize them for what they are I realized how long I've been able to notice them (probably for a couple weeks). It's easiest the feel them when you're sitting or lying down. They will feel like a rhythmical kicking or tapping. Almost impossible to feel from the outside because they are very light movements. I actually noticed my stomach moving very slightly last night as I was sitting in bed. The room was dark but I was reading on my iPad, which I had sitting below my belly, so my belly was kind of backlit, making it easier to notice the movements. What was funny is if she moved, the location of the rhythmical movement shifted a bit too. Very cool!
    Anniversary
  • I thought kicks and jabs were awesome early on but the weird slithering and rolling thing has been crazy awesome. Part wow and part what the heck. We just sit there and watch him slither, for lack of better term, around in there-dont need to put hand on belly to feel things. Hiccups were definitly interesting.
    samk
  • So with all of us running out of room and feeling more movements instead of kicks....does that mean we no longer do kick counts? My LO rolls around after I eat but I don't feel it 10 different times within an hour.
  • Sometimes I push in on him and he stretches back out! I love it! Freaked me out at first when I felt less kicking but now I'm used to his stretching.
    Last night I was pushing down wondering what I felt and my sister was guessing his back.

Married 12.10.11 -  DH:26 ME:26
    Hodgkin's Lymphoma 5.09 - Lupron shots - Last chemo 10.14.09 - Remission 12.09 
                                                             Missing my April '13 & September '13 angel babies ... Always in my heart <3<3
    Luck & Love to our first foster on a forever home - 4.13-7.13
    BFP#3 2.23.13 EDD: 11.3.2013 Daily shots of Enoxaparin
    Beta#1: 300 - Started Crinone-Beta#2: 1680 - 7w3d HB@146 - 9w3d HB@173 
    Jackson - October 29th 2013 - Via C-section - 6lbs 10oz 19in
    BFP#4 10.14.15 EDD June 2016 waiting for blood work
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• I am getting the rolling movements as well - the "rapid fire" movements we are feeling I recently found out are actually uterine spasms.  I was freaked out because I recently starting working as a pediatric physical therapist so I'm working with kids who had strokes/seizures/etc either in the womb, during birth or shortly thereafter.  I was thinking those rapid movements were seizures - but I was glad to find out that since our uterus' are constantly contracting (braxton hix) to prepare us for labor, the muscle is essentially fatiguing and spasming. Totally normal and actually a good thing.  Strong uterus = good ability to push. :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"