January 2012 Moms

Testing me...

1. My son has always , always been the sweetest happiest baby. So easy to get to sleep and nap. Never ever cries unless hungry or tired. Yes, I know ppl might say this, but it is the truth. The last few days he's been different. Testing me if I say not to throw something. He will swat at my face ans laugh. ;(   not things I'm ready to deal with yet,but need advice on how to handle it the most positive way. I not for spanking or really time out,but I feel like he needs some type of consequence.  I do take the toys away after he throws them, except balls, obviously. HELP!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Testing me...

• DS has been doing this too lately. I'm not convinced DS would fully grasp timeouts yey so we don't do them. we take away a certain toy when he doesn't stop/do what we ask and it seems to work sometimes. he has this one blanket that he was chewing and actually rippinh pieces off of. when he didn't stop, i took it anf put it up high.
      Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    • DD occassionally will test me or have a tandrum.  The best thing is to redirect and be calm.  If DD does this while eating, she ends up not eating.  We don't offer her other food.  If she does this out, then I'll take her for a walk and ask her what sounds animals make.  GL! 

• Loading the player...
    • Sorry I dont have any help for you at all except mine has been doing the exact same thing.  I try to redirect or say no but that does not always work. She thinks it is funny Crying
      Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker .facebook_-966822808 IMG00064-20101108-0836 20120901_120106 BabyFruit Ticker
    • Loblolly how can I update it??
    • I recommend a book called Positive Discipline. There is a version for age 3 and under, among others.
      It basically recommends distraction and redirection, but also discusses replacing unwanted behaviors with more acceptable ones. For example, hitting or pulling hair, you teach them to use a flat hand and touch gently instead. So, giving them something they can do instead of just telling them what not to do. It also talks about age appropriate interventions like at what age a kid can comprehend what a timeout is about.
    • LC122 said:

I recommend a book called Positive Discipline. There is a version for age 3 and under, among others.
      It basically recommends distraction and redirection, but also discusses replacing unwanted behaviors with more acceptable ones. For example, hitting or pulling hair, you teach them to use a flat hand and touch gently instead. So, giving them something they can do instead of just telling them what not to do. It also talks about age appropriate interventions like at what age a kid can comprehend what a timeout is about.

I just read the reviews of this book on amazon and it sounds amazing. I'm going to start reading it on my kindle soon. Thank you!
      imageimage Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

This discussion has been closed.
    Choose Another Board
    Search Boards
    "
    "