August 2011 Moms

phobias

How do you deal with your phobias with your LO? Do you encourage them NOT to be afraid of things that scare you or creep you out?

Example: fear of snakes. If you went to a science museum and there was a guy with snakes for people to touch/see, would you keep LO away, or encourage LO to go see/touch the snakes?

This happened today. I'm not afraid of snakes, but they creep me out. I've had a number of dreams where a snake lunges at me to bite me, so I don't particularly care to be around them. But DS was completely fascinated, so I let him go and stayed just close enough to make sure he didn't squeeze or grab the snake too hard. I don't want him to be afraid of snakes - I'd rather him be informed. My skin was crawling the entire time, though. ugh....

He just better not ever ask for a pet snake ;-)

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: phobias

• If I see one with LO I put on my "It's all good face" and have her help me squish it and send its stupid spider ass to hell!!!!

LOL this is me.  My plan is that later, when she's old enough, I'll send her after the bugs while I hide in the next room :)

I do try to hide or put aside my fears around the girls.  Honestly, while not a fear per se, I think food will be my biggest challenge.  I can be a picky eater, but I want to try my best and hide this, and encourage the girls to be brave and try new foods.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker  AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • I hate despise clowns X_X but we have been to the circus twice now and I made sure to keep my composure. I don't want him to not like clowns because of me.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • My biggest one is spiders- I hate them- like burn the house down if I see one in my room hate them.

If I see one with LO I put on my "It's all good face" and have her help me squish it and send its stupid spider ass to hell!!!!

Ugh...spiders. I don't think I'll be able to hide that one well.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"