March 2014 Moms

Pickles?

I cannot stop eating Vlassic Classic Pickle Spears.  What have you ladies been craving?

RIP Dr. Irving Fishman - 10/1/19-7/25/10 - thank you for holding on for me.
You made my wedding day complete.

Anniversary 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Pickles?

• Apple cider from a local orchard!
  • I cannot stop eating Vlassic Classic Pickle Spears.  What have you ladies been craving?

Oooh my....those sound sooo good right now and I don't have any!!

...back to the store tomorrow.

• Loading the player...
  • Omg, that's sounds awesome!! All I have is bread and butter, but they will do!
    image         Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Hot Chocolate!

• I'm still in a weird place where if I do eat whatever my stomach determines "too much", I get sick.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Mmmmm.. pickles. My cravings have been weird.  It's mostly salty or fried stuff. However, if someone mentions a food or I see someone eat something that looks good, I crave it until I have it. Chicken, Taco Bell, green beans, nachos, popcorn... doesn't matter. Now.. I can say that it's pickles...
  • Mine is cheese as well as bread!! Can't get enough!
  • I cannot stop eating Vlassic Classic Pickle Spears.  What have you ladies been craving?
    OMG me too! I feel like such a cliche! LOL!
    VOTE on my Name List                              image
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • The best pickles (and olives) I've ever had in my life are an Israeli brand that they sell in any kosher section of a grocery store - it's called "Osem". Here is an image:

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Check out my blog: www.lifescravin.blogspot.com
  • Pickles, anything sweet, and this week has been chicken pot pies :) can't stop thinking about them!!!
  • Pickles and chicken nuggets

• I've had pickles as dessert for a few nights, so cliche but so yummy. 

• I crave mostly things like grilled cheese sandwiches, tacos, burgers, and all American breakfast with the runny egg yolk all over the hashbrown's (of course no fulfilling the runny egg craving). Made homemade pancakes on the weekend... I kept eating it most of the day telling DH that he didn't know what he was missing. 
    Married my best friend October 28th, 2005
    Found out we're expecting August 7th, 2013  
    Anniversary
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker>
  • Clausen kosher dill halves are my go-to pickle!!

Generally I have been in the mood for all-American type foods... like at work I have been getting a grilled cheese and fries because nothing else sounds good.  My husband made a delicious pasta with bolognese sauce last night and I ate it but it's really too rich and flavorful for me right now.  I'm not going BLAND, just I don't need too much POW in the food.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Mostly, I have aversions more than cravings.

But my weirdest craving so far: I wanted roast pork congee for about a week before I finally broke down and found a recipe online so I could try to make it myself. When I lived closer to Chinatown I'd get it all the time at this great little noodle shop, but the Chinese food places around here are more the typical American-style spots so I haven't found a local place to get it from - I even had DH ask the Chinese place we normally go to, just in case they had some secret stuff going on in back that they didn't show us white people ;) which apparently sparked what he said was a great conversation on Hong Kong cuisine, but no congee for me :(

I finally made it over the weekend and while not perfect, it was everything I thought it could be.
    imageimage
    BFP with #1 (twins!) 11/18/2011 - missed m/c at 8weeks3days; d&c 1/19/2012; myomectomy to remove 18cm+,10cm & 5cm fibroids 4/2012; TTC again 7/2012; BFP #2 (twins) 11/13/2012; missed m/c at 7weeks;
    BFP #3: baby girl born 3/5/2014

Balaustine: an anthology about wanting family
  • I like pickles, but I had a week where I ate a TON of green olives.  YUMMMM

Right now, I'd say I don't have too many cravings.  It was baked potatoes for a while.  Now I'm back to aversions - just not as bad as before.  Still liking carbs - rolls from our deli yumm
    1st FET 2/14/2013 Happy Valentines Day! - BFN
    2nd FET 6/14/2013
    - BPF!!! -
    1st Beta:
    1046!!!!! - 2nd Beta: 2754!!!!!
    First u/s 7/11/2013 - TWINS!!! 120 and 124 heartbeats <3
    Second u/s
    7/29/2013 - wiggley babies! 178 and 184 heartbeats!
    Third u/s
    9/9/2013 - 157 and 161 heartbeats ... a BOY and a GIRL!!!! Cervix on the "shorter side" (3-3.3) - going to check again in 2 weeks.
    Fourth u/s 9/23/2013 - Baby A = 157 Baby B = 150 heartbeat. Cervix now 2.3-2.6 ... being referred to a MFM
    MFM Appointment 9/26/2013 = Both babies healthy, cervix now measuring at 4 - Playing tricks on me ... will follow up in 2 weeks.
    Cervical check 10/7 with regular OB - 2.1cm  --- going BACK to the MFM armed with ultrasound pictures from my OB of my cervix. *sigh*
    MFM Appointment 10/8 - confirmed my cervix at 2.1cm - putting me on Progesterone for a week.
    MFM Appointment 10/17 - Cervix unchanged! Keeping me on Progesterone - followup 10/29

photo e8294769.jpgphoto 3a44b450.jpg
    imageimageimageimage"">image

Everett Alan James (3lbs8oz) and Eliana Lee (3lbs7oz) born 12/28/13 at 30w6d!
  • I need to stop opening posts that talk about food...

Seriously-now I really need pickles.

• Mexican food.. especially something crunchy like chips and salsa, tacos, tostadas..etc. Cheese is so tasty right now, but I am trying to avoid it because I'm still super constipated. Fruit sounds delicious but makes me yack, so that's pretty much out. 

I did have a BLT the other day that changed my life. I'd suggest you make one. Now. 
    Pregnancy Tickerimage
  • Is it wrong to have pickles for breakfast?
    VOTE on my Name List                              image
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • I can eat all.the.time. Right now. I've been craving salt so olives, pickles, chips etc. even wanted mr. Noodles after watching an episode if orange is the new black last week which I would never eat when I wasn't pregnant. Ate some olives and saltines to get though it but man did I ever want noodles. Too bad there's all that bad stuff in them:(
    Also craving sweets which is a new thing.
  • Mac and Cheese has been my thing right now... and fries from chip trucks... yumm!!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Olives and iced tea. And I NEED pizza, but haven't had any yet.
    imageimage
  • Poutine! If you don't live in Minnesota, North Dakota, or Canada, you've probably never heard of it. It's CRACK! No really, it's a Canadian born dish that consists of crispy fries, cheese curds, and brown gravy. I tried it at the Minnesota State fair and I am completely addicted.
  • I just tried poutine in March when I was in Canada visiting my father in law. Pretty freakin' delicious. 
    Pregnancy Tickerimage
  • I need zucchini bread with a glass of cold milk!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! NOW!
    BabyFetus Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • pickles are funny...I always want pickles pregnant or not.

My craving has been cheese.  Like good cheese....fancy pants cheese....damn....now I want it!

Lilypie First Birthday tickers   
  • I bought pickles this weekend and only had one at the time. Now I've had two in the last hour and I'm considering a third...
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I freaking love pickles, pregnant or not I can down a jar in one sitting!
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Pickles with peanut butter! ... seriously, try it. Your life will be forever changed. Creamy pb, none of that chunky stuff. (I ate this prepregnancy, too.)
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Carabu42 said:
    Poutine! If you don't live in Minnesota, North Dakota, or Canada, you've probably never heard of it. It's CRACK! No really, it's a Canadian born dish that consists of crispy fries, cheese curds, and brown gravy. I tried it at the Minnesota State fair and I am completely addicted.
    I had a poutine yesterday and it was glorious! I live in Canada, and work close to 2 chip trucks that sell great poutine. :)

Right now though... I'm dying to have butter chicken with some yummy garlic naan.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Had that awesome chicken pot pie and it was epic :) I am now patiently waiting for my next! Oh and after a previous comment I want a BLT!!!
  • I ate an entire jar of Vlasic Farmers Garden Kosher Dill Spears last night. I was on the computer and DH had one, left, came back an hour later a literally gasped because the entire jar was empty! Now I need to go to the store.
  • You all are making me want pickles. And I don't even like pickles. Except fried ones from Razzoo's. Or the pickle spear that they give you with a sandwich at Jason's Deli. I've never actually gone to the store and bought pickles...I'd probably look like a deer in headlights trying to figure out which ones to buy!
    Bubba, born Jan. 2007 * Sissy, born Apr. 2009 * Baby Sister, born Feb. 2014
  • Haha! I ate a pickle sandwich the other day. I ain't afraid to admit it!

I've loved them my whole life. Pickles and occasionally a little sharp cheese is nice - especially toasted. Warm toast, cold pickles, perfect. I want one now. Like, right freaking now, except DH just brought me a super specific pita from my favorite place.
  • Pickles with peanut butter! ... seriously, try it. Your life will be forever changed. Creamy pb, none of that chunky stuff. (I ate this prepregnancy, too.)

LOL, I actually have had a peanut butter and pickle sandwich years ago when a friend in college said I "had" to try it... Meh, it wasn't awful but it wasn't life changing either. :)

I have been craving Vlassic Zesty Dills- I can easily eat an entire jar if I let myself. Also, chocolate milk (not at the same time as the pickles), cottage cheese (sometimes at the same time as the pickles), and Mac and Cheese.
  • Andreabills- meee too. I always love pickles but I've been eating like a half a jar of Vlassic Zesty Dills every night. Ohhhhh so good.
  • Taco Bell crunchy tacos and cookie dough. Husband is currently on a mission :)
    Officially started TTC January 2012
    Dx with PCOS November 2012
    2/2013 - First round of Femara - No O
    Took 2 months to get vaccinated from the chickenpox
    5/2013 - Second round Femara - No O
    6/2013 - Third round of Femara + HCG Trigger Shot = O!
    7/18/2013 - Found out I was pregnant
    Dx with Gestational Diabetes at 28 weeks
    Dx with Macrosomia at 33 weeks
    Taking Glyburide and Metformin to control GD
    Due date is March 29th but we are moving forward with a scheduled C-Section on March 25th

• Starbucks pumpkin bread... And caramel apple cider. And now pickles. I might have to get out of bed for a snack ... Someone said earlier how this board has less drama than the other BMB's because we just talk about food. I, for one, am ok with that. :-)
    I second that!  I love talking about food!  I am currently (as of this post and one other) craving pickles and crackers.  I want it, like, bbbbaaaadddd.  I don't have any pickels and I'm too tired to go the store tonight.  Maybe tomorrow.  I found that if I don't satisfy my cravings, I dream about them.  I know what I'll be dreaming about tonight. 

Sour and crunch.  Crumbs falling, the slight moistness of the cracker with pickle on top.  Ready for one more bite... =P~

I think I just wrote a poem.  Ode to Pickles.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"