3rd Trimester
Options

Water Retention

Anyone have a "magical" home remedy for water retention that is of course safe for baby ? I had some salty food yesterday and I look like the marshmallow man today. I'm having a RCS tomorrow morning and I'd love to get rid of some of this extra water weight. I'm miserable.

Re: Water Retention

• Options
    Lots and lots of water and protein.
  • Options
    Water and exercise.

I read somewhere that salty foods do not necessarily cause water retention, that they may actually do the opposite. If your water retention is excessive you should call your doctor.
    image    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Epsom salt bath. Soak for at least a half an hour, if not longer.

DD#1~Emma Dawn 12/19/00 7lb 10 oz 21"
    DD#2~Daphney Mae 04/17/03 7lb 13oz 21"
    DD#3~Grace Deonea 05/20/10 8lb 2oz 21"
        DS#1~Brody Maxwell born 10/16/13 8lb 10oz 21"

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

roo1oo said:
    Water and exercise.

I read somewhere that salty foods do not necessarily cause water retention, that they may actually do the opposite. If your water retention is excessive you should call your doctor.
    Agreed with all of this. 
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

• Options
    Epsom Bath worked wonders. No more all meat pizza for me. It was good while I was eating it.
  • Options
    Dandelion tea can also help.
    Brandon Le born 9/9/13 as a result of IVF#1

• Options
    Apple cider vinegar in water
  • Options
    I use compression stockings, drinking alot of water and elevating my feet. The water retention I have is so bad that after tapping my foot on the floor, I can feel water sloshing around the top of my foot.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"